• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Happen to the GS ball?

BookThrower

Electric pkmn rule!
Reaction score
Do you guys remember the GS ball? Do you know whats inside the GS ball? I what to know whats inside. Maybe it had a legendary pokemon or was it like a master ball. What do you guys think the GS ball does/have/whatever?

fruitsmoothierevenge said:
Wow, I haven't the faintest idea. Didn't he give it to someone? I'm pretty sure it got where it was supposed to go.
Kurt took it in...then it got lost in the swirling plot hole of DOOM.

I don't believe it's been mentioned in the animé since Kurt took it.

You know what would be funny? If there turned out to be something like a Caterpie inside it. (Not a giant city-wrecking Caterpie, just a normal one.)

Anyway, I think it'd be more likely that the GS Ball wasn't a type of Pokéball at all, but rather just metal crafted into the same form to make Pokémon Professors boggle for years to come (as well as some other purpose, possibly Celebi-related or something). It'd explain why it couldn't be transported, rather than that being an excuse for the group to be a bunch of delivery boys. It'd also explain why Kurt can't figure out anything about it, and thus why we haven't heard any news on it since.

It's a shame that the writers enjoy making plot holes rather than resolving them. I blame the writers for being idiots in the first place and not ending this plothole once and for all.

Definitive

The definitive reply to this query is this:

The GS-ball has gone to the great Place Of Lost Plot Devices In The Sky. There is keeps the company of such lost plot threads as the mystery of Ash's father, Ash's identiy as 'The Chosen One', Ash and Misty's developing friendship and Ash having a long-term objective of any kind in his journey.

In other words it is another piece of evidence that the producers of the animé took a great idea and turned it into an over-grown commercial for the games.

BenRG said:
There is keeps the company of such lost plot threads as the mystery of Ash's father

Which the writers probably never intend to introduce anyway, it's just that the fans won't shut up about it.

Ash's identiy as 'The Chosen One'

Cheesy line for the 2nd movie. We're now in Season 8, that's ancient history. Unless you're talking about Ho-oh, and since Ho-oh reappeared in "Gotta Catch ya later", it's obvious that the writers haven't forgotten about it. It'll probably be revealed at a later date.

Ash and Misty's developing friendship

You consider this a plot hole? It's already been resolved in "Gotta Catch ya later", as well as the 3 episodes Misty returned for in Kanto. They're still good friends, what more do you honestly expect them to do?

Which the writers probably never intend to introduce anyway, it's just that the fans won't shut up about it.

They mentioned him in episode two. Well 4Kids did at least. But it a mystery that might be resolved some day.

My theory is that he is in the GS Ball!

Cheesy line for the 2nd movie. We're now in Season 8, that's ancient history. Unless you're talking about Ho-oh, and since Ho-oh reappeared in "Gotta Catch ya later", it's obvious that the writers haven't forgotten about it. It'll probably be revealed at a later date.

Ash continues to save the world, doesn't he? Ho-oh's appearance in episode one confirms it.

By the way, Ho-oh's appearance in "Gotta Catch Ya Later" was purely as a confidence booster.

You consider this a plot hole? It's already been resolved in "Gotta Catch ya later", as well as the 3 episodes Misty returned for in Kanto. They're still good friends, what more do you honestly expect them to do?

Have you seen "Luvdisc is a Many Splendored Thing" yet?

Unregistered said:
BenRG said:
There is keeps the company of such lost plot threads as the mystery of Ash's father
*worships you*

^ Indeed Jo-Jo, I hate the fact that we're 400 episodes into the show and people still won't stop thinking about Ash's father. I mean sheesh, we have more important things to think about than Ash's non-existant family members. Save that for fanfiction and stop bringing that useless angle into the series.

FabuVinny said:
Ash continues to save the world, doesn't he? Ho-oh's appearance in episode one confirms it.

Well I'd imagine if they keep making more movies Ash will keep saving the world from whatever new legendaries/people are trying to destroy it. But really, how can you look too deeply into this? It's just the fact that Ash is the hero of the show and is always in the right place at the right time.

By the way, Ho-oh's appearance in "Gotta Catch Ya Later" was purely as a confidence booster.

Still the fact that Ho-oh flew over Ash again right as Pokemon came to an end and Pokemon: Advance was beginning was a sign that throughout the two series, Ho-oh and Ash still share some type of connection.

Again, Ho-oh has never had a movie for this reason. They're saving it for something special.

Have you seen "Luvdisc is a Many Splendored Thing" yet?

What scene are you referring too? We've seen Misty meet Ash again in Kanto which takes place after this ep, their story seems to have been resolved. No use starting a fire again that's already been put out over 3 years ago.

Last edited:
BenRG said:
\The GS-ball has gone to the great Place Of Lost Plot Devices In The Sky. There is keeps the company of such lost plot threads as the mystery of Ash's father, Ash's identiy as 'The Chosen One', Ash and Misty's developing friendship and Ash having a long-term objective of any kind in his journey.
If you're going to have a listing like this, at least include ones that were built up enough to be considered "threads". Ash's father, for instance, was mentioned only once, in passing. He's the standard anime Irrelevant Absent Father™, nothing more. On the other hand, I was quite disappointed by the way they dropped the thread of Jessie's past in Hoenn.

FabuVinny said:
My theory is that he is in the GS Ball!
That's wonderous! LMAO.

They do seem to dodge Jessie's past a lot. What are you referring to in Hoenn?

It kinda bugged me in "Xatu the Future" when they just said it was too complicated to deal with. Something must have happened to switch her from incredibly sweet (in the Chansey ep) to wanting to do evil. Hopefully they'll have an ep on that, or at least tell us.

I know this is anime [yell at me later] but you know in pokemon red and blue you have to bring oak a parcell well I think that maybe the gs ball cause he says my custome pokeball is here sorry for getting off topic.@-&--

Scott85 said:
What scene are you referring too? We've seen Misty meet Ash again in Kanto which takes place after this ep, their story seems to have been resolved. No use starting a fire again that's already been put out over 3 years ago.

Ummm excuse me? Resolved in what way? Because as far as I recall there wasn't any talk about Misty's feelings for Ash and viceversa in any of those episodes.

Which is exactly how it was resolved, they're friends, they've always been friends, and they always will be friends.

Scott85 said:
^ Indeed Jo-Jo, I hate the fact that we're 400 episodes into the show and people still won't stop thinking about Ash's father. I mean sheesh, we have more important things to think about than Ash's non-existant family members. Save that for fanfiction and stop bringing that useless angle into the series.

Although it might make for an interesting story arc, especially if it came at the series finale. And who besides you says it's useless? How is a plot device that provides character development and potential conflict to a story 'useless'?

Which is exactly how it was resolved, they're friends, they've always been friends, and they always will be friends.

But the potential for them to be more than just friends exists.

I think the problem with Ash/Misty is that the real PokeShippy stuff is so far in the past - mostly in the Orange Islands, where it has since rotted. Fact is, the writers had a direction for the show, then suddenly realized they were better off screwing the fans so they could continue sitting on their cash cow.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom