• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What happened to the site before?

dragonite24

Reaction score
The site is working fine now,but it had me confused.

Upon reading the forbidden message,I even thought I was banned for a while..
What was going on?

I think the site went over its alotted bandwidth for the month or something, and so had to wait until June 1st to get it back up.

Went way, way over the alloted bandwidth.

It was just a temporary closing down.

Not sure, myself. There was a huge spike in activity on SPP, too, and even Joe was out of the loop as to why.

Possibly. All on that one day, though, even though Platinum had already been announced. A possibility, but doesn't seem to fit. Perhaps it was a rush to get information on the Darkrai event...? Same problem, but it's a more pressing matter atm.

Well, information was actually a bit slow on Platinum, so it wouldn't surprise if that was a key reason.

I'd say it's probably a combination of the two. With news on Platinum being slow people are probably continuously checking for updates, and with most schools being over or ending soon people will have much more time to be on.

Lol, that makes three of us.

Anyway, glad to see the site is up and running again.

Four. I thought that I was banned too, but I just kept checking just in case. I guess I was wrong, thank goodness!

five. I thought I was banned for some reason. I was glad when I found out it was just the site was having a problem.

that means thinking this was't stupid of me.
I found out what happened when I spotted a topic about the downtime on the gamefaqs firered boards...

The site is being a bit slow now however...
I actually dislike new games a bit because of this slow effect.

._.

So, this makes me the only user that actually went to go see the main page and figure out what was going on instead of running around like a headless chicken thinking I was banned?

._.

So, this makes me the only user that actually went to go see the main page and figure out what was going on instead of running around like a headless chicken thinking I was banned?

Um, nothing related to BMG would work for me. The forums, the 'Pedia, the main page, nothing.

The front page had the announcement that we went way over bandwidth, we didn't put it on the forums (somewhat silly, we'll know for next time.)

But so that there isn't a next time, we do have that "donate" button in the top-right corner. And this really does show our money issues: donations are critical at times like these, where the squeeze is upon us. Yeah, I know the economy's bad and it's hard to give money, but if you have anything to spare, please donate.

Thanks!

._.

Don't flatter yourself Tina :p

I was wondering why it was posted on the Gateway page and not the Forums considering this is the place we all go to.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom