• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What happened with Jigglypuff?

Appletree

why
Reaction score
I'm just curious actually what you think: What happened to the stalking Jigglypuff? Will it ever appear again?

(The last time I saw it was in the Advanced series)

What do you think?

I think it is caught or it will appear at the Pokémon Musicals in Pokémon Best Wishes.

It last appeared in early Hoenn, the trick house episode with Whismur. Since then it never appeared again.

Maybe after that Hoenn episode, it evolved into a Wigglytuff, and it's singing was never really the same again. XD

The gag could've still work, if it appeared every 30 or episodes. It's sad it got dropped of the face of the earth.

If they brought it back now, most viewers probably wouldn't understand.

I think it is caught or it will appear at the Pokémon Musicals in Pokémon Best Wishes.

Best Wishes is trying to avoid past characters as best it can. I think there is zero chance we'll ever seeing it again.

To be honest, I don't really mind either. I know most people disagree, but I think it got a good enough send off, and there really isn't much more the writers can do with such a one note (no pun intended) gag character anyway.

Maybe it finally found someone that can listen to its song in full.

Mankey with Vital Spirit. Or, maybe a soundproof ability Pokemon.

Good. Then the writers realized that it had nothing further to give to the show.

I wish they'd learn that with Team Rocket.

I have no idea what happened to Jigglypuff.
Wait.
Harley has a Wigglytuff...

I wonder how that would have come to pass? :p

I have visions of an Exploud (Soundproof ability et al) happening upon Jigglypuff while it was singing and going, "Mmm, lunch." :p

In all seriousness, Puff was probably dropped because the writers felt that its shtick was wearing a bit thin. It had a good long run, at least.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom