• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What has annoyed you the most since HG/SS?

I love Voltorb Flip it's awesome. It's like sudoku but with voltorbs. I made 700 coins in half an hour, I could never do that in the old games.

That people don't get over slots getting replaced D:. Gwaah, it's still a much better than what happend to European Platinum's Game Corner. And I enjoy Voltorb Flib, at last I can win something, lol.

+ Safari Zone and its crappy customization.

Hmm...I just got HeartGold, and it must be above all else, the new interface...The menu can't be accesed with Start, and its so much harder to play the game using only the buttons, like my many years of Pokemon playing has developed my thumb reflexes to.

Last edited:
There's no good place to hatch eggs. In all the other games there is a really long stretch with no turns somewhere. The longest place I could find on HG is still immensly shorter than the ones on DPPT and RSE.

EDIT: The safari zone is bullshit too.

^this. I've always wanted to be able to ride rapidash, arcanine, dodrio, etc.

I will say that the Gym Leaders not having their Pokemon following them when you get their numbers, they could done it like this:
Johto:
Falkner: Having a little Pidey in the store ain't too far weird, not in the Pokemon world at least, he could argue whit Jannie about that his Pokemon could beat hers in a race any time, she has a Crobat after all.

Bugsy: OK, this is just stupid, who do you don't have a bug Pokemon whit you in the forest?

Whitney: Just give her a Clefary to whit her in the Dept.Store.

Morty: Well consider the BellTin Tower is filled whit Ghastly (at night at least) it make perfect sense to have Gengar whit him, he might even have captured it/befriended it/whatever in the Tower as well.

Chuck: You could have a little scene whit him surfing whit his Poliwrath since you don't get the number from him.

Jasmine: She could have a Magnemite whit her, and when she talks to Erika she could have her Steelix.

Pryce: He could have his Dewgon bathing in the Lake.

Clair: She could have her Kingdra/Dragonair, preferably the latter swimming in the Den

Kanto:
Brock: Having an Onix whit you when you explore the Diglets Cave is weird how?

Misty: I dunno really, maybe having her Starmie next to her?

Lt.Surge: Raichu would be the best choice since he trades you a Pikachu later.

Erika: Bellosom perhaps?

Jannie: Crobat would fit best I think.

Sabrina: She could have her Alakazam beside her.

Blaine: He could have his Magmar and he should stand at the top of the Volcano.

Blue: He should have his Pigeot outside of its ball and fly away whit it rather than walking away when you have all the badges.

The E4:
They could be random places around Johto/Kanto. Like Crasher Wake.
Will: I don't know where to put him really, but he should have his Xatu, no doubt about that.

Koga: In Fushica: Telling that he used to be the gym leader and have his Crobat whit him.

Bruno: He could introduce you to the Fithing Dodjo and tell you how it works and being dissapointed that the Karate Master is not there and of course having his Machamp whit him.

Karen: I don't know where to place her either, niehter which Pokemon she should have, probably Umereon or Hondoom.

Lance: He does show his Dragonite, so he is fine by me.
A
Red: I still think he should Pikachu outside the ball.
Agreed. I'm also annoyed by the awful level curve they failed to fix. You can't go east from Mahogany at all until you beat Archer, who has a level 38 Houndoom, yet the wild Pokemon at Route 44 and in Ice Path are in their twenties. Likewise, Blue's strongest Pokemon in the initial battle is a level 60 Pidgeot, and you can't explore Mt. Silver and Cerulean Cave without his Badge, and the levels of the wild Pokemon there are much lower, too.

I'm surprised to see hate for Berry Pots, frankly. I really disliked having to set up camp next to my planted berries and wait around that area for them to grow and need water, this was such a drag and not engaging in the least. Portability is always a massive plus in my eyes.

Besides, four positions for berries should already gives a fairly decent yield if you know what you're doing. This can get me 20 of the EV reducing berries on a good day when I'm playing Platinum.

Agreed. I'm also annoyed by the awful level curve they failed to fix. You can't go east from Mahogany at all until you beat Archer, who has a level 38 Houndoom, yet the wild Pokemon at Route 44 and in Ice Path are in their twenties. Likewise, Blue's strongest Pokemon in the initial battle is a level 60 Pidgeot, and you can't explore Mt. Silver and Cerulean Cave without his Badge, and the levels of the wild Pokemon there are much lower, too.

Oh, good lord, yes! HGSS had the perfect opportunity to fix that insanely terrible level curve, and they didn't. My HG run reminded me just how bad that level curve is. I actually traded over a Lucky Egg to my HG run in order to mitigate that problem and make grinding less tedious. It still is, mind you, but it's at least a little more tolerable. I also spend a lot of time grinding in the grassy area near the Johto Safari Zone, as that place has some of the best leveled Mons for quite some time (mid 20's, which is pretty high for the time it becomes available, and most of them are big EXP givers like Tauros and Fearow). But yeah, HGSS really should've fixed that level curve, as even with a Lucky Egg grinding in Johto is a long, tedious process.

The one thing that really annoyed with me with HG/SS (and it is a trend that has continued ever since) is not having the option to battle Leaf instead of Red in the end. She was added in FR/LG several years earlier, so it would have only made sense to have the option to fight her instead. This trend has continued in every instance since, too, and has really frustrated me and made me hate seeing Red.

Otherwise I don't remember having any problem with the remakes. It has been seven years since I played them, though.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom