• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What has annoyed you the most since HG/SS?

also, voltorb flip

i hate every little peice of that BS. i have gotten to lvl 4 about 5 times and i am still 1000 coins away from that freaking dratini
I don't belive the exuse about the gambling laws in Euorpe, it didn't stop them from having it in Diomond, or Peral, or Platnium.

Have you tried the Gamecorner in EUR Platinum? Since you obivusly haven't whatch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xFesvJpFuI

What do you rather want ^that^ or Voltorb Flip? And in EUR Plat you couldn't buy coins eiher.

The constant trainer phone calls does bother me.

Since I'm playing a Japanese copy, the names nor the gamecorner doesn't affect me ^_^

I did hate how Graveler just loved to use self-destruct/explosion (Japanese version so I can't tell the difference). Each time my Pokemon would faint and I'd have to rush them to the Pokemon center again. That damn nurse got her wish.

This was the first playthrough where I managed to avoid Whitney's Rollout. I think I used a Gastly on her or a Geodude. I forgot.

The new box system kind of annoys me, because it doesn't switch the Pokemon you pick up when you try to "switch" it, it just sends it back into the box. That, and the lack of VS seeker makes it tougher to EV train.

HG being my first real Pokémon game, I don't have any complaints as compared to previous games. However, I also bemoan the lack of higher-level wild Pokémon, especially in Kanto. Oh well, at least there's the trainer/gym leader rematch system. (If you can tough it through all the annoying calls, the phone is actually useful.)

Also, I don't know why people complain about Voltorb Flip. Once you look at the game correctly, there's a lot of deductive reasoning involved, not just luck. I've only ever made it to level 6 once, but the frustration almost makes it more addicting.

Last edited:
The game corner hit me the most. I originally loved how it was all slots in the past, but now, they decided to remove it due to "gambling". Isn't the whole game of pokemon technically a gamble, since you win money from them?

u cant switch boxes with L and R

THIS. This has bothered me SO much! It was so convenient with L and R and now they serve no purpose. The whole new-PC-system is awful. I mean I understand trying to utilize the touch screen, but it's a whole lot worse now.

The game corner hit me the most. I originally loved how it was all slots in the past, but now, they decided to remove it due to "gambling". Isn't the whole game of pokemon technically a gamble, since you win money from them?

...no....not really. Do you like the Voltorb game though?

My little sisters HATE Voltorb Flip! And I hate playing it for them! D: I liked the slots sooo much better. And this is true, all of Pokemon is gambling. :p

Playing pokemon Platinum. Ever since I saw the awesome features of HG and SS, I've been annoyed with playing pokemon platinum. I don't have HG/SS yet :/

I really thought Whitney's Miltank was really easy. I find it annoying when I'm listening to the music while trying to sleep, and the a darn fire breather or Joey calling me. It is like they enjoy trying to give me a heart attack. It was like, 4 in the morn! WHY????

Pryce. His damn Dewgong using rest 203948023 times despite the fact it only has 10 PP annoyed me. He wasn't even hard to beat, but the battle should have not lasted for 45 minutes.

The whining about the game corner. Actually, the whining in general.

Actually, the whining in general.

It's more problematic when they're whining about the problems that were present in G/S/C, but complain when it strays too far from the original games as well.

Like jeeze, do you want nostalgia or a new game?

Honestly, my problem with the game is the low-level of everything in Johto, as in, the problem with G/S/C. I'd sound like a hypocrite, except I don't want these games to be presented to me in nostalgia vision 2.0; they weren't my favourite Pokémon games anyways. Johto is a ridiculously small and linear region, and the gym leaders were stupidly weak [kudos for increasing Pidgeotto to level 13, from level 9], and they hardly ever showcase Johtos Pokémon at all. Admittedly, they kinda did this to Fantina in her Platinum team when you fight her as the third gym leader and she doesn't even have a Drifblim [I mean, what her friggin dress is designed after], but still. Yeah yeah, we've heard all this before.

I'm so glad they changed a lot in Kanto, with the only thing that they did, "Wrong," [I'd say rather what they didn't do right] was add a subplot to Kanto. The gym leaders are now at a fine level, but it'd be nice if there was something keeping us in Kanto for longer than 10 hours.

They should have at least added the ability to buy coins instead of playing the VF game.

1. Just before I gained the ability to have Pokeballs, I encountered my first shiny pokemon ever. I could only weep as I stared at it.

2. Not being able to grow more than four berry plants. Though it's awesome that I can carry them with me. (The berry trees are a HUGE hassle to me)

3. *phone rings* OMG ____ MY POKEMON IS SO MUCH STRONGER NOW. IT IS EPICLY AWESOME. SO AWESOME. YES. BYE. *click* ... Um... Kay. <--- I suppose this humors me more than it annoys me. I gave them my 'phone number'

4. Not enough high-level or good experience pokemon in the wild. It makes training between gym leaders a bit frustrating when you keep encountering either low-levels, or pokemon that don't fetch you enough experience.

Hrm... can't think of anything else.

"WOO! I'M INVISIBLE!" /shot

Mom, could you stop spending my money at the farmers' market? Please?

You could withdraw the money and tell her not to spend it. Specially if you already have all the cool stuff she gives you like the scarves or whatever.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom