• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What have you named your Pokemon?

My sister like went and renamed my Pokemon while I wasn't looking and it gave me trouble finding out which was which. One that stood out: Corsola, named Wook.

I have no idea what the title should be

I don't usually name the Pokémon I caught just for the Pokédex, but I did name my Azumarill Zuzu, my Golem Golo, and my Pachirisu Patchii. My brother has this odd tradition in which he names his starters (only 3! HA! I have a breeding farm!) with lowercase letters. As in, when he got his "TURTWIG", he named it "Turtwig." He had no idea that that nickname would stick so that he has a Torterra named Turtwig. But for some reason he liked it so he kept it. Finally, I bought a used Emerald game because I wanted to "adopt" the previous owner's Pokémon. She gave the boxes and the Pokémon names that I shall not say here.

I accidentally named a Grimer "JEEKKLLRRQ" once. I always name female Zubat "Mabel" because I randomly thought of it in second grade.

In Pearl, almost all of my Pokemon have random nicknames like "Internet" or "Applesauce".

In Sapphire, my Pokemon are named like...well, it's hard to explain, so here are some examples:
Azumarill- Zuzurill
Blaziken- Ziziken
Roselia- Rorosel
I'm probably gonna change the names soon. My Roselia is male, so when I caught it/him, I named it/him "SHUU". I named Azumarill "Blackberry" at first. Swellow was "Chocolate", Blaziken was "CHAMOCHAMO", Gardevoir was "Grace", and Aggron was "DAIGO-SAMA." Yeah, I named my Aron after Steven Stone.

In Crystal:
Feraligatr: FEREE
Crobat: CROBEE
Vileplume: VILEE
Sudowoodo: SUDEE
Magmar(Shiny!): MAGEE
Ursaring: URSEE
I named my character after Marina from the anime, but I nickname my Pokemon the same way Kris (PokeSpe) does.

Blue: Not naming them.

Fire Red:
Charmander: ITSUKI. I gave it Will's Japanese name because my brother Will named his first Charmander "Billy". It's sort of an homage to Billy the Charmeleon while keeping with the naming scheme/theme thing.
Pikachu: HIKARI.
Yeah, I'm a noob in FR. Just started a new game.

One time in Blue, I named all my Pokemon "GARY". Sometime in the future, I plan on having a file where all my Pokemon are named "ERIC".

I named a Ponyta "FALL OUT BOY" one time. I was listening to the radio when I caught it.

My brother named his Pidgey (which evolved into Pidgeotto) "BBBBBBBBB" in the same Red file as Billy the Charmeleon.

I LOVE nicknaming my pokemon. I usually name them after naruto characters(sakura, sauske, naruto etc.) I also spice up the my pokemon's original name. Ex: Blaziken becomes Blazo, Charizard becomes Charlie and Gardevoir becomes Gardina.

I have a female Onix named Petra, and a male Geodude named Pietro. I always give at least two rock Pokemon those names.lol

When I first started playing, I was pretty hardcore about not nicknaming. Then when I picked the games up again, I started giving some of my more used pokemon nicknames. For example:

Leonidas, the Charmander (I was going to give him 5 Machamps as backup)
Righteous, the Slowpoke (I treated him as my starter in Crystal)
Thwack, the Farfetch'd (I thought of naming him Dux as homage to Gen I)
Crazy Face, the Haunter

The strangest thing EVER happened on my leaf green game, THE POKEMON IN BOX 3 NICKNAMED THEMSELVES !!!
Some examples:
krabby - claw
tentacool - stinger
doduo - donatelloi
nidoking - dek
ryhorn - (am i allowed 2 say horny ?)

Maybe someone else named them?

I can't decide whether Meioh is a good name for an Abra or for, like a ghost Pokemon.

I am currently stuck, whether to name my Ditto Inque or Clayface. They both sort of fit it. I mean, both shapeshifters and all that. Oh, great, now I've just added Mystique to the list.

I usually name my Ditto, but it's the only Pokémon I nickname in a derogatory fashion, and I ALWAYS do it, just because I have zero respect for the thing.

I mean, it makes Eggs with everything and resembles an "aid". O_O

magikarp=crap .-. my brother told me it was the weakest pokemon... untill it evolved

When I nickname pokemon I usually use the first few letters of their Japanese names. So like Hito the Staryu, Case the Abra, Pocha The Piplup Etc. They normally make really nice nicknames, but it only works if the two languages are different ... :p

Well I always name my Pokémon so I'll just list the ones from Diamond as that would be a rather long list.

Lala-Medicham
Honestly I have no explanation.
Torterro-Torterra
It seemed more masculine and Tortue (French for turtle) didn't suit it any more.
Sparky-Pichu
Original, no? Actually I named it after Richie's Pikachu. For now it is a Pichu though as I mainly use it for contests.
Stewart-Weavile
After Jon Stewart the amazing host of The Daily Show.
Santa Fe-Honchkrow
After the song in RENT.
Caesaria-Rapidash
I just think it is a nifty name that is kind of old fashioned sounding. Which suits get because she is the only one from that existed in the first game.
Chaplin-Golem
After the hilarious Charlie Chaplin.
Mega Mimi-Luxray
Luxray, Luxio and Shinx all seem like they could be superheroes.
McCartney-Golduck
I was listening to Dance Tonight by Paul McCartney when I caught him.
Floppinah-Blissey
I just thought it was cute.
Diamond-Dialga
After the game since it is the mascot.
Shakespeare-Uxie
Isn't it clear who this is named after?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom