• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What hurt Arven's Mabosstiff? A theory

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
We know that Arven's Mabostiff was badly injured, but what hurt it so bad that nothing could heal it (aside from the Herba Mystica)? Since we know that he was in Area Zero when it happened, what Pokemon caused it to be hurt so bad? Since there are version exclusives between the two games, we need to look at both sets of Paradox Pokemon:

Past Paradox
Great Tusk: Ground/Fighting
Scream Tail: Fairy/Psychic
Brute Bonnet: Grass/Dark
Flutter Mane: Ghost/Fairy
Slither Wing: Bug/Fighting
Sandy Shocks: Electric/Ground
Roaring Moon: Dragon/Dark
Koraidon: Fighting/Dragon

Future Paradox
Iron Treads: Ground/Steel
Iron Bundle: Ice/Water
Iron Hands: Fighting/Electric
Iron Jugulis: Dark/Flying
Iron Moth: Fire/Poison
Iron Thorns: Rock/Electric
Iron Valiant: Fairy/Fighting
Miraidon: Electric/Dragon

I think we can rule out the non-Fighting Types. For Scarlet, I think Slither Wing would make sense, since both of its types are strong against Dark. Iron Valiant would be the best candidate for Violet for the same reason: Both of its types are strong against Dark.

What do you guys think of this theory?

We know that Arven's Mabostiff was badly injured, but what hurt it so bad that nothing could heal it (aside from the Herba Mystica)? Since we know that he was in Area Zero when it happened, what Pokemon caused it to be hurt so bad? Since there are version exclusives between the two games, we need to look at both sets of Paradox Pokemon:

Past Paradox

Future Paradox

I think we can rule out the non-Fighting Types. For Scarlet, I think Slither Wing would make sense, since both of its types are strong against Dark. Iron Valiant would be the best candidate for Violet for the same reason: Both of its types are strong against Dark.

Its implied it was the rogue/wild Koraidon

My wild head canon is that Scream Tails are vampires and tried to draw its blood lol. The shiny form reminds me so much of the creepy Yellow sprite with red evil eyes.

Arven says in the game that it was a great tusk / iron treads.

Arven says in the game that it was a great tusk / iron treads.
He would've said, that was the one that hurt Mabosstiff when y'all encountered it in the Desert. And he said he didn't know it was a Paradox Mon later on in Aera Zero when it attacked at the 3rd Science Station. He had probably assumed it to be an evolved form of Donphan maybe.

Past Paradox

Future Paradox

Great tusk doesn't have the double type advantage but I think it would be the culprit simply because it seems more violent than slither wing (the LEAST threatening looking past paradox), reflected in the respective movepools of Tusk's access to Close Combat and Headlong Rush, not only being willing to do a risky all out attack but do it TWICE. Meanwhile slither wing lacks any moves of that caliber and instead leverages it's success off of unique tools like First Impression rather than brute force (despte it's ridiculous attack), being a less aggressive pokemon by nature.

Past Paradox

Future Paradox

Whatever this was had to have been VERY powerful, and I actually think we can cross out version-exclusives because this happened in both versions. Also, whatever did this didn't leave any visible wound, nor scarring, as an attack of this caliber wound definitely leave scarring. We shouldn't be this upon type advantages either, because in the anime and games supereffective hits don't do this (except maybe for Fire-types). So what we have to work with here is a very powerful, non-version exclusive special attacker. Any ideas on what this is?

Whatever this was had to have been VERY powerful, and I actually think we can cross out version-exclusives because this happened in both versions. Also, whatever did this didn't leave any visible wound, nor scarring, as an attack of this caliber wound definitely leave scarring. We shouldn't be this upon type advantages either, because in the anime and games supereffective hits don't do this (except maybe for Fire-types). So what we have to work with here is a very powerful, non-version exclusive special attacker. Any ideas on what this is?
Could very well be the undiscovered mythical, arvens whole room scheme is yellow and the area zero logo has a yellow sparkle which is somehow tied to the games DLC or Area zero, which in my opinion means arven fought a mythical pokemon that was yellow and almost got his pokemon killed. I feel like arven is tied to the new mythical pokemon but I could be wrong.

Could very well be the undiscovered mythical, arvens whole room scheme is yellow and the area zero logo has a yellow sparkle which is somehow tied to the games DLC or Area zero, which in my opinion means arven fought a mythical pokemon that was yellow and almost got his pokemon killed. I feel like arven is tied to the new mythical pokemon but I could be wrong.
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah!!! You’re onto something!!! Is it ok if I post leaks that I saw onto here? Or just pm you it?

Among the stuff I really wanted to know more about through the DLC content, there was without the shadow of a doubt this Arven's Mabostiff mystery...
So... What happened to Arven's Mabosstiff...? What kind of creature hurt it...? The DLC content doesn't give any kind of answer about these two questions sadly, therefore I think none of the paradoxes appearing in the Pokédex are actually involved into this story.
Perrin's narrative arc during the second DLC however seems rather intriguing and gave me an idea. Where did Raging Bolt and Gouging Fire come from exactly...? Perrin wanted to take pictures of new/unknown Pokémon, am I right? What if these two paradoxes materialized through Perrin's desire of finding new Pokémon to take pictures of...? If that's a possibility and considering that the concept of multiverse is quite a thing this last generation, I think that the Pokémon who attacked Mabosstiff might have been generated by a very young Arven's hidden fears while walking a scary place like the Area Zero for the first time.

Wait a minute, what if it was Terapagos? I wouldn’t doubt Arven’s access to the lower parts of Area Zero, being the son of Sada/Turo, and I’m sure he was curious if he ever discovered Area Zero’s lower decks. It also fits my narrative of non-version exclusive due to it happening in both versions and a Special attacker due to no physical scarring. And because of knowing Arven since he was little, and thanks to its Dark typing, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mabosstiff attacked Terapagos if Arven disturbed it, considering it a threat to Arven, and we can see Terapagos’s immense strength in the form of its Terastal state. Arven also wouldn’t have had the chance to comment on either of them upon seeing them in the game, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom