• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if Ash did become a frontier brain?

I don't think that they'd keep Ash around if he was just going to be the Frontier Brain. He would still be able to travel around, but he'd be tied down to one area and he'd have to face off against challengers. I don't think that would really work with Ash when he always has enjoyed traveling to new places, making new friends and catching more Pokemon. Being a Frontier Brain within his home region would have been a fitting note to end him on, but I don't think it would be something that Ash would believably want to do when he could still travel around more freely.

I'm so glad that he never became one since it sounds like the most boring job ever; having to stay in one single location (unless the battle facility moves like Brandon's did) would stagnate Ash's quest and I can't see him running his own battle facility since he's too immature for a job like that imo. He'd probably swap his Pokemon around and have no set rules for battles though if he had run his own facility.

I've read an interesting fic called From One Side to Another on Fanfiction.net that depicted Ash joining the Battle Frontier after his journey through Sinnoh. The author's spelling and grammar admittedly aren't great but I found it an unique take on what this route could entail.

One idea the author had is that the prospective Brain would spend a few months as an intern under one of the other Frontier Brains, who'd train them up and teach them the ins and outs of running a battle facility. I'd find it unbelievable if Ash wouldn't actually be put through such a program if he had joined them for real. Scott's a smart guy, he'd know Ash might need a leg-up on the management side of the job.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom