• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What If Ash used his Fast Ball?

Tom1291

Reaction score
In Going Apricorn!, Ash, Brock, and Misty each received a Fast Ball from Kurt. Ash and Misty's Fast Balls have not been seen or mentioned since, although Ash's Fast Ball makes a cameo appearance in the fifth Japanese opening theme, Ready Go!, and the dub opening theme for Pokémon: Master Quest, Believe in Me.

And we don't know when will Ash catch with Fast Ball.

I wonder if Ash was meant to catch Phanpy with the Fast Ball, but because plans went haywire they forgot and instead had him get Phanpy later from an egg.

Apparently the GS Ball was meant to have Celebi in it and instead of Pokémon 4ever, we were meant to see Ash's dad. I feel like the apricorn balls were just given away so we can forget about the GS Ball. Brock never brings up his Heavy Ball either.

He should of used it on Taillow being a fast pokemon in early Hoenn
Er that wouldn't have made much sense because a) the Fast Ball works on Pokemon that flee from battle not simply Pokemon that are fast and b) it was the Hoenn saga so the writers weren't gonna put so much emphasis on an item exclusive to Johto at the time.

Er that wouldn't have made much sense because a) the Fast Ball works on Pokemon that flee from battle not simply Pokemon that are fast and b) it was the Hoenn saga so the writers weren't gonna put so much emphasis on an item exclusive to Johto at the time.
Yet they still showed a Heavy Ball in Hoenn.

Honestly, it's always bugged me that Ash didn't start using non-basic PokeBalls during Johto and then beyond. He used his Lure Ball sure, but why not the Fast Ball. Then in following regions where they introduced new Pokeballs, Ash was still just using the standard one. I mean, I guess I get why, but it's still so boring. But as for Ash's Fast Ball, sadly by now I don't see him ever using it. I think there was a major missed opportunity to not start varying up the PokeBalls in Sun and Moon, but the only different one Ash used there was the Beast Ball which was pretty forced. Heck isn't Journey's supposed to be a 'world tour'? Why not have Ash catch a Johto Pokemon and FINALLY use his Fast Ball?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom