• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What if Blanche, Candela, Spark, and Willow will be in USUM or in Gen 8

KaylaBaraonda

Aroush Halapsian is best girl.
Reaction score
I know it's unlikely since they're drawn in a completely different artstyle, owned by Niantic, and don't have a canon\lore\plotline behind them anyways, but they could have versions of them in the main series.

Willow would have Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Poliwrath, Snorlax, and Rhyperior.
Candela would have Kanto Ninetales, Arcanine, Rapidash, Magmortar, Flareon, and Magcargo
Blanche would have Alola Ninetales, Glaceon, Alola Sandslash, Jynx, Froslass, and Walrein
Spark would have Jolteon, Electrivire, Kanto Raichu, Ampharos, Manectric, and Luxray

I see them remaining GO-only. Many spin-offs have characters that remain only in that spin-off. But if they do appear, then Gen VIII.

I also doubt that they will appear. There was more speculation on the matter before Sun/Moon was released, since GO actually debuted before those games and a big amount of fans thought that there would even be compatibilty between the games.

If they were to happen, however, I would suggest slightly different teams.
Willow should indeed have Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise since he lets you pick the basic form of those as a starter. But he should also have Pikachu (with Light Ball or an exclusive Z-Crystal) or (non-Alolan) Raichu since that is available as a starter as well (in a roundabout way, but still). Unsure about the last two picks, but if we were to give the team leaders their respective Legendary bird, I'd also give him the leader of those three, Lugia. Sixth spot I am unsure of.

In any case, the characters should not have Pokemon except for those available in GO, which are most of Gen I and Gen II alone. So no Magmortar for Candela, but Magmar could work. Moltres could work too.
For Blanche, I'd rather have Vaporeon than Glaceon. The only other Pokemon available in GO from the aforementioned team is Jynx. I'd also definitely suggest Articuno and maybe Lapras, which was a main focus of the Water-type and part of the Ice-type events in GO.
For Spark, Electabuzz could work instead of Electivire. Manectric/Luxray shouldn't be in, Zapdos could be.

I agree that it seems pretty unlikely, but Professor Burnett was also a spinoff-exclusive when she debuted in Gen 5. I don't really think they'll appear in USUM (not for any reason, just personal feelings), but I feel like it could happen at some point.

Rather than giving them teams, I'd have them connected to the birds story-wise, and evaluate some quality of pokémon (related to how they evaluate pokémon in GO) and the trainer (related to what the team represents). I don't think they'd be battled, they seem more of support characters.

I'm thinking they could also judge how much of a virtue the trainer has (courage/wisdom/instinct) based on... something involving your teambuilding choices? Or things you've done.

But I'd think the most sensible approach is they'd be part of a plot point ultimately involving a legendary tangential to the birds and/or capturing old pokémon not found normally.

Possibly. After Burnet appearing (since she was from a spin-off game). It might be possible. I don't think it will happen in USUM, but maybe in a future game. They could be mentioned, or they could have a brief appearance as a minor character, or they could be a major character. Personally, I don't see them being as people you can battle, researchers maybe, but I don't see them having a team that you can battle against.​

I wouldn't be surprised if they are referenced or more in a future installment, especially if they want to link GO with the mainline titles, to help users who started with GO (or came back with it) to have something more familiar there :b

...mind you, I know very little of GO or their roles there, so feel free to disregard this in any event x3

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom