• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if certain Travelling Companions never left?

In that case people are seriously underestimating unexplored potential of Misty's character. Because Hoenn was so much filled with water based plots and ideal areas to make relevant use of water trainer like Misty that more substantial character development related to her career of becoming water pokemon master or apprentice in training to reach E4 level could easily take place there. In fact only more friendly environment to make something major with character so much associated with water themes like Misty than Hoenn was would be upcoming Alola region based on Hawaii. But its not like we could expect realistically for her to return there.

I still wouldn't care because I don't like water Pokemon, it's my least favorite type.

And if Ash can't beat an E4 what makes you think a character weaker than him can?

I still wouldn't care because I don't like water Pokemon, it's my least favorite type.

And if Ash can't beat an E4 what makes you think a character weaker than him can?

And that's perfectly fine. But please do take in account how not everyone find water pokemon boring. In fact I think they are exactly thanks to such diversity and complexity of techniques they are capable of using among most prominent species out there and it was nice to see through Misty character writers telling audience how passionate and devoted someone can be for certain pokemon type. Being one of unique traits going for her.

As for E4 thing. Idea behind exploring on Misty dedication in becoming water pokemon master and E4 member idolizing Lorelei(because E4 members are classified as type masters). Wasn't exactly in her beating someone of that caliber. But more so through her struggles, tournaments and various trainers she would met on the way managing to be noticed and approved enough to be offered position of becoming E4 apprentice teaching her secrets in how to use water pokemon to full strength. One day after few years when becomes older reaching such level potentially herself and thus achieving her dream.
There is difference between becoming E4 right away or first apprentice.

However that's one of many ways through which whole type master goal could be fleshed out adding more definition to it adding for compelling story,. But not necessarily only way through which closure could be given to someone like Misty character being explored more which would have been welcomed if happened imo.

Last edited:
on the one hand it would be greater if misty or the others stayed but on the other they would probably go stale and undo any character growth as they run out ways for them to grow

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom