• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What if GenVI is being cut short because the Alola region connects to Kalos?!

Hellpest

Spoon.
Reaction score
Like with Kanto and Johto! :eek:

aeosza8afa4dk5pxlzfd.jpg

Edit: with the Alola region looking to be based off of Hawaii, I would like to ask for posters not to use the fact that in real life it is on the opposite side of the world from France as an argument in their posts. Although the regions are based off of real life places, no proof had ever been conformed of it having the same geography.

Last edited:
Game freak learned their mistakes from GSC. They are not going to make another dual region game because thanks to having two regions, gone is a good level curve. Seriously, just look at how pitifully low the levels are in Kanto in GSC/HGSS. Despite the fact that Kanto is a post game region in gen 2, the levels of the wild pokemon of route 1 are all barely 2-3. And it just keeps getting worse with nearly all the trainers have all lvl 30-ish and you're probably in the 40s or 50s.

So no thank you about Kalos being connected to the Sun and Moon region.

Gen VI wasn't "cut off" at all.

E: On top of that, your post seems to imply that they intentionally withheld content from the Gen I games so that it could be used in Gen II. That's not the case at all either... Gen I is a complete generation; Gen II was simply them building on what had been established.

Last edited:
So long as GameFreak fixes the level curve. GSCHGSS/XY aside, an endgame (as in, right before battling the elite four) party's levels are usually around the lv.50-lv.60 range. That's 40 levels to work with.

Let's say SuMo's last Gym Leader's ace is lv.50, with the Elite Four and Champion's level range roughly around 50-62. The levels four the Victory Road's trainers and wild Pokémon's levels should then be around the 50-55 range. Kalos' trainers and Gym Leaders would then be around be in the lv.60s, with Wulfric's levels being the same as Blue/Green's rematch team in HGSS. Kalos' own Elite Four and Champion (as well as SuMo's E4 rematches if they have one) should then be in the mid lv.70s/early lv.80s.

EDIT: Kalosian wild Pokémon should be in the lv.60-lv.70 range, not that nonsense we had in Gen II/IV Kanto

Last edited:
What if Gen VI wasn´t cut off? What if Gen VI is just as complete as any other generation? What if the fans are in a state of paranoia?

Nuuu! I need an close to all the (many, many) loose ends in X/Y and OR/AS! :cry:
So long as GameFreak fixes the level curve. GSCHGSS/XY aside, an endgame (as in, right before battling the elite four) party's levels are usually around the lv.50-lv.60 range. That's 40 levels to work with.

Let's say SuMo's last Gym Leader's ace is lv.50, with the Elite Four and Champion's level range roughly around 50-62. The levels four the Victory Road's trainers and wild Pokémon's levels should then be around the 50-55 range. Kalos' trainers and Gym Leaders would then be around be in the lv.60s, with Wulfric's levels being the same as Blue/Green's rematch team in HGSS. Kalos' own Elite Four and Champion (as well as SuMo's E4 rematches if they have one) should then be in the mid lv.70s/early lv.80s.

EDIT: Kalosian wild Pokémon should be in the lv.60-lv.70 range, not that nonsense we had in Gen II/IV Kanto

Really, the level curve needs fixing as is. By the time I reach the elite four, I'm twenty levels above them. The exp boost from trainer battles needs a big nerfing.

I can't really say much for HG/SS, as I hacked in a level 100 zapdos to play through it (never again), but Crystal and Gold/Silver were pretty much unplayable after Johto, the trainer battles were tedious and pointless, and the gym leaders, although a higher level, were still massively under-leveled considering you'd already gotten OP items and HMs.

Even with the loose ends from X/Y, I wouldn't say that the sixth generation was cut off at all. It lasted three years, which is how long the fifth generation lasted, so it wasn't like it was significantly shorter than other generations. I also still say that X/Y told a complete story. It was lackluster in a few areas, not just in the loose ends people have with it, but it was still complete. It is a complete generation. Perhaps not as ideal as others would have hoped for it, but it wasn't cut off in the slightest. They also weren't cutting the first generation off for the second generation of games.

I would love to see this connection happen, but I believe we are done with gen6. We got two games, the base game of the generation (X/Y) and the Hoenn remakes Hoenn (ORAS) instead of a "Pokemon Z" or "X2Y2".

Zygarde forms, Eternal Floette and Ash Greninja remain a mystery for me though. And when will we get Volcanion?

I would love to see this connection happen, but I believe we are done with gen6. We got two games, the base game of the generation (X/Y) and the Hoenn remakes Hoenn (ORAS) instead of a "Pokemon Z" or "X2Y2".

Zygarde forms, Eternal Floette and Ash Greninja remain a mystery for me though. And when will we get Volcanion?
The problem is, those are just the tip of the iceberg. Looker's brief appearance in OR/AS that just screams 'post game content here', the unopened power plants in X/Y, and the 'you're not the one' girl in X/Y. There are far too many loose ends in both the games that need to be closed.

It also seems highly unlikely that Magearna is for the new games, being pokémon number 732. Even if its the same way as Victini, it's a bit early for revealing new event pokémon, GF usually take several years to do that!

The problem is, those are just the tip of the iceberg. Looker's brief appearance in OR/AS that just screams 'post game content here', the unopened power plants in X/Y, and the 'you're not the one' girl in X/Y. There are far too many loose ends in both the games that need to be closed.

It also seems highly unlikely that Magearna is for the new games, being pokémon number 732. Even if its the same way as Victini, it's a bit early for revealing new event pokémon, GF usually take several years to do that!
I remembered something now you mentioned the XY ghost girl. I have heard a rumor that the same girl is possible to appear somewhere in ORAS and quote the same thing "no you are not the one". Can anyone confirm this? I haven't found it myself.

I remembered something now you mentioned the XY ghost girl. I have heard a rumor that the same girl is possible to appear somewhere in ORAS and quote the same thing "no you are not the one". Can anyone confirm this? I haven't found it myself.

I can confirm, I have seen it myself.

Bulbapedia said:
On the second floor of the Fighting Dojo, a Hex Maniac will appear, say "No, you're not the one," and float away. The purpose of this in-game event, if there is one, is not known yet.

In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the player can talk to a Hex Maniac on the first floor of Mt. Pyre's interior who says exactly the same words. The relation between these two events is unknown.

Everyone here's hating on the Johto games and their remakes, but they're some of my favourite games. :(
I'm not hating on Johto. I'm just stating a fact: because Johto had such a large post-game, it caused the new region to be relatively small, and kept the levels of wild Pokemon very low, which made it excruciating to get your team to viable levels. It also made the E4 rather low-leveled, mostly in their 40's and low 50's.

What's more, Johto is now pretty much dependent on Kanto for it to be "fun." Think of how everyone would have reacted if HG/SS hadn't included Kanto, but instead beefed up Johto's content. Can't imagine it would've been very pleasant, and I'm speaking as someone who has absolutely no nostalgia for anything before Gen 3.

It's just not realistic to have two or more large regions in a single game and still keep the whole level/difficulty thing balanced. There comes a point where most people will be hitting the 100's, and that should not happen in the middle of an incomplete regional campaign. Thus, one region tends to be smaller and less content-filled than the other, if two regions exist in one game.

I think they can easily make two regions in a game and keep the game balanced in the meantime. The main reason many people don't like Johto is because the levels were too low and the region a bit short. It can be better made and balanced.

I love the Johto games, but their flaws are pretty obvious.

People keep pointing to these "loose ends" in Gen VI but they're such minor things for the most part. It doesn't *actually* matter if they do anything else with the Hex Maniac ghost, she's like... Easter egg-level significance. And how do we know that isn't the whole point - strictly speaking, an "Easter egg" in the context of interactive media is a small, out-of-the-way reward for people who like to explore rather than rush to the main point. The game doesn't ever actually force you to go to the second floor of the Fighting Dojo office, so it's not even something that everybody would see. It's a small quirk that sparked peoples' imaginations and got a buzz going among the online fandom. How do we know that's not the whole point? Just get the fans talking and interating with each other and sharing theories - that's like, the whole fun of an unsolved mystery. And it adds a tiny bit more flavor to the in-game environment.

Guys, this isn't such a bad idea. All they need to do is fix the level differences. First of all, make all the Kalos gym leaders the same levels, sort of like how the Elite Four is these days. With Kanto in HGSS, you free roamed the region however you chose, and the levels ended up being low until you got to the Pokemon League again. I still think wild Pokemon don't need to be up so high, if we implement something like the DexNav that makes higher leveled ones appear, that would be fine, but having level 70 wild Pokemon seems odd. Make the wild Pokemon around Victory Road, so in the 40s, with slim chances with a key item device that's like a DexNav to make a 60ish appear. They should add in enough content to where you could get a couple Pokemon to level 100, that way the Pokemon League can be level 100 and fight at their highest potential. That would be epic and make them the highest ever in-game trainers not in a battle facility... Or make the Pokemon League it's own Battle Facility that auto levels everything to 50, but that's a whole different conversation. (That would also include a post-game feature of playing as the champion, but I won't get off-topic about all that here.)

Guys, this isn't such a bad idea. All they need to do is fix the level differences. First of all, make all the Kalos gym leaders the same levels, sort of like how the Elite Four is these days. With Kanto in HGSS, you free roamed the region however you chose, and the levels ended up being low until you got to the Pokemon League again. I still think wild Pokemon don't need to be up so high, if we implement something like the DexNav that makes higher leveled ones appear, that would be fine, but having level 70 wild Pokemon seems odd. Make the wild Pokemon around Victory Road, so in the 40s, with slim chances with a key item device that's like a DexNav to make a 60ish appear. They should add in enough content to where you could get a couple Pokemon to level 100, that way the Pokemon League can be level 100 and fight at their highest potential. That would be epic and make them the highest ever in-game trainers not in a battle facility... Or make the Pokemon League it's own Battle Facility that auto levels everything to 50, but that's a whole different conversation. (That would also include a post-game feature of playing as the champion, but I won't get off-topic about all that here.)
This. It is exactly what I mean when I mention "balance" in the game. Great post.

Gen VI wasn't cut short. It ended with ORAS because that's how GF decided that it was going to end. Saying Gen VI was cut short is based off the assumption that we would be getting a third version. I don't see how Kalos would even benefit from being a post game region. There aren't really any major plot threads that actually need to be addressed. Zygarde could just have the exact same role in SM as he had in XY with just the added formes and it'd be fine.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom