• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What if GenVI is being cut short because the Alola region connects to Kalos?!

Even before we got all the islands and stuff, I really really doubted it. I suppose we're just done with third games. I don't think we'll ever see two regions at once and if we do, the returning one would overshadow - and probably be barren like in gen 2.

Even before we got all the islands and stuff, I really really doubted it. I suppose we're just done with third games. I don't think we'll ever see two regions at once and if we do, the returning one would overshadow - and probably be barren like in gen 2.
Game Freak might have learnt from their error in GSC/HGSS and have a way of balancing both regions out but I doubt we get two regions anyway. It be better to have a big post game island that could be slightly off the map but not too far from Alola.

I can see why it would happen, but then I see why it wouldn't. Heres how they wouldn't connect so well.

Alola looks like it's being built up to be a huge region, with 5 islands (4 main ones). It looks so detaile and so full of life. So many different places to explore. To have us explore Kalos again in the Post game, it would be a bit much. Kalos is about average sized I feel, while Alola looks like it might be massive. I don't want to loose the experience of exploring Unova if we had to go back to Kalos.

But while Gamefreak has made Kalos out like it's a finished region, there are a few unexplained things. We have now seen footage of Zygarde in Sun and Moon, so we know Zygarde is returning. Before Zygarde's forms were unexplained. Also another notable thing is that Magearna's signature move, Fleur Cannon is French. And the final one is the Couriway City train. Where does this train take you? Well what if it connects to a portion of Kalos that we didn't explore. If we do end up going back to Kalos in this post game, I think it might be this unexplored part, that you can go to via the Couriway train station. But who knows...

You know, having a small region doesn't necessarily guarantee a good storyline.

Both Kanto and Johto are signifintly smaller than Kalos, and yet their plotline are just as bad, or even worse than Kalos.

Besides, the team that makes the games' plotline are different from the ones that design the regions.

There is no correlation between the size of a region and the plotline folks.

To be fair, those were back in the old days of the series, when you just had Random Criminal Element.

And, okay, there is a difference. I just don't want to have to endure another Evil Crime Boss who wants to Destroy the Earth because He Hates Humanity (Cyrus, Ghetsis in B2/W2, Lysandre). Just give me some thugs who want to get rich off the black market.

Like with Kanto and Johto! :eek:

Edit: with the Alola region looking to be based off of Hawaii, I would like to ask for posters not to use the fact that in real life it is on the opposite side of the world from France as an argument in their posts. Although the regions are based off of real life places, no proof had ever been conformed of it having the same geography.
I most CERTAINLY HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom