• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if next generation will be again with Ash, Brock and the new coordinator girl?

Yoghurt

Pochama loves sexy Hikari
Reaction score
I'm getting bored of this continuous replacement of the coordinator girl character every series. And I'm getting bored also of Ash and Brock.
Pokèmon anime need new characters because it is really getting boring and repetitive. What do you think about?
STOP ASH, PIKACHU AND CO.! MORE FANTASY PLEASE!
Why can't they do like Yu-Gi-Oh! series where they change characters every series? I think it' better and less boring!

Re: What if next generation will be again with Ash, Brock and the new coordinator gir

This thread (and ones like it) have been done before... especially recently, it seems. There's another one just a few posts down from yours, having been started in the last few days.

TBH, these posts are getting old faster than you claim the anime is. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Personally, I recently had a D&P marathon catching up on all the dub episodes currently aired (having not watched it since the Johto days), and I find the show now to be quite a bit more entertaining than it was back in the day.

Re: What if next generation will be again with Ash, Brock and the new coordinator gir

This thread (and ones like it) have been done before... especially recently, it seems. There's another one just a few posts down from yours, having been started in the last few days.

TBH, these posts are getting old faster than you claim the anime is. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Personally, I recently had a D&P marathon catching up on all the dub episodes currently aired (having not watched it since the Johto days), and I find the show now to be quite a bit more entertaining than it was back in the day.

I like Pokémon anime and that's because I like it I'm getting angry because it is getting more and more boring and repetitive!
And if there are a lot of posts like mine is because lot of people getting angry about this repetitivity!

I like Pokémon anime and that's because I like it I'm getting angry because it is getting more and more boring and repetitive!
And if there are a lot of posts like mine is because lot of people getting angry about this repetitivity!

You can tell I am the biggest fan becouse I hate it more than everyone else!

You can tell I am the biggest fan becouse I hate it more than everyone else!

No, I'm angry because an anime that I like is getting worse over time.

Nah, I think it's moreso because they're either too lazy to read, or use the forum's search function. Only one thread like this is required... especially as there was already one on the first page, 6 or 7 posts down from yours.

No, I'm getting angry because an anime that I like is getting worse over time.

Within the scope of what they've decided to make it about, the show is actually getting better over time. You're assuming that 100% of its viewers are people who've watched the series since the very first episode. A ton (I'd say the majority) of D&P viewers are relatively younger kids, who may not even have been alive when the anime started. Why would those kids be bored by the current story?

Within the scope of what they've decided to make it about, the show is actually getting better over time. You're assuming that 100% of its viewers are people who've watched the series since the very first episode. A ton (I'd say the majority) of D&P viewers are relatively younger kids, who may not even have been alive when the anime started. Why would those kids be bored by the current story?[/QUOTE]

OK, but couldn't be better if they change characters and a little the story to make happy also the older Pokémon anime fans?

OK, but couldn't be better if they change characters and a little the story to make happy also the older Pokémon anime fans?

No, we are a minority. There is more money to be made from the majority.

No, we are a minority. There is more money to be made from the majority.

But if they do what I said they make happy old and new pokémon anime fans! But the reality is that Pokémon is just a commercial anime and also authors don't spend much creativity for it.

But if they do what I said they make happy old and new pokémon anime fans! But the reality is that Pokémon is just a commercial anime and also authors don't spend much creativity for it.

Most people still like Ash and Brock, and would be upset if they went. I've never gotten tired of Brock's running gag, personally... the addition of Croagunk to it was hilarious.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing Dawn stick around into Gen V. She is, by far, the best female travelling companion Ash has had. And most of her Pokemon are adorable; I'd be sad to see them go.

No, I'm angry because an anime that I like is getting worse over time.

Its super-popular,Always in the Top 10 Of anime in Japan.
It has unarguably better animation than in the past.
It attracts a bunch of people.
Its better written than in the past.Specially in the pokemon side of things.
Heroes and side characters get balanced screentime.

And it is "getting worse"?Sorry,does not compute.

also.

They just grew up and become grumpy fat game journalists and think every gameanime should be ‘for them’ and not try to get new playerswatchers. You know what we call a game seriesTv show that does not try to get new playerswatchers? We call it a ‘dying franchise’

Most people still like Ash and Brock, and would be upset if they went. I've never gotten tired of Brock's running gag, personally... the addition of Croagunk to it was hilarious.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing Dawn stick around into Gen V. She is, by far, the best female travelling companion Ash has had. And most of her Pokemon are adorable; I'd be sad to see them go.

Me too like Dawn and makes me angry that she MUST leave because ONLY FOR A COMMERCIAL THING they put in the cast new female character of Black/White (who naturally will be a coordinator)! It's a loooot boring to me!

While the DP saga wasted some of its initial promise (dammit, we were promised an Elite Four arc and I don't care what anyone says to the contrary; that promise has since been reneged on) it nevertheless remains the best arc yet:

- Dawn has done what May never could and become a co-star in her own right (more to the point she didn't put me off the series like the annoying May did in AG)

- All the characters except Brock, but especially Ash and Dawn, have actually shown some shock horror character development over the course of the series

- Ash and Paul's rivalry is far deeper than the Ash/Gary rivalry ever was, and the fact that this is a battle of ideologies with mroe than the two's pride at stake lends the affair a grand, majestic dimension which is balanced nicely by the intimate camaraderie of Dawn's relationship with Zoey.

And on top of that we've had some great battles. In short, I fail to see what people are complaining about.

Its super-popular,Always in the Top 10 Of anime in Japan.
It has unarguably better animation than in the past.
It attracts a bunch of people.
Its better written than in the past.Specially in the pokemon side of things.
Heroes and side characters get balanced screentime.

And it is "getting worse"?Sorry,does not compute.

also.
I agree with your points but the fact there's always Ash and his Pikachu sounds like you've all already seen. Don't you think new characters make things more intriguing and interesting?

No offense Yoghurt but even I made a thread on something like this only Pokeathlete instead of a coordinater. The only thing that may be changing are the Contests because Dawn possibly winning and the fact that Jessie even enters can show the apex of the Contest era. They may come back a little if Ash and co. decide to travel back to Hoenn to do some crazy sub-quest. I love Brock and believe that he is comic relief for very young viewers and older viewers, but just needs more screen time. Brock is not going, unless they have Sketchit tag along for a little and have Brock join later then he did in Hoenn. Your thread title's answer is yes for the first two, and a ambiguous 50/50 on the last.

Also to Smithy, (I don't know how to quote two people in the same post.) When were we promised a Elite Four Arc? I don' remember that? Please inform me besides giving each of the E4 their own episode.

Also to Smithy, (I don't know how to quote two people in the same post.) When were we promised a Elite Four Arc? I don' remember that? Please inform me besides giving each of the E4 their own episode.

I think he just means it's been implied, over the course of D&P. And I agree with him, personally. Although I have to admit I haven't caught up on AG yet, I don't ever recall the gang having such close dealings with the League Champion before. It would seem odd if that came to nothing, at the series end.

I agree with your points but the fact there's always Ash and his Pikachu sounds like you've all already seen. Don't you think new characters make things more intriguing and interesting?

But didnt you just said....

Me too like Dawn and makes me angry that she MUST leave because ONLY FOR A COMMERCIAL THING they put in the cast new female character of Black/White (who naturally will be a coordinator)! It's a loooot boring to me!

So becouse you like Dawn it is bad if she leaves,but since we are talking about Ash and pikachu you think that if they dont leave,the series is stale and boring?

O-key.

Yes,when said characters have finished their puporse in their story,new characters bring a fresh air to said story.That is why Ash resets his pokemon each region.The anime its called Pokemon.Its about Pokemon.Just like in the games,if they left everything in 151,it would be boring and stale.What they need to expand are the pokemon,human characters can stay.They dont determine if the series is dull or not.

But didnt you just said....

So becouse you like Dawn it is bad if she leaves,but since we are talking about Ash and pikachu you think that if they dont leave,the series is stale and boring?

O-key.
But I like Ash BUT AFTER 600 episodes I am definitely sick of him and his Pikachu

Yes,when said characters have finished their puporse in their story,new characters bring a fresh air to said story.That is why Ash resets his pokemon each region.The anime its called Pokemon.Its about Pokemon.Just like in the games,if they left everything in 151,it would be boring and stale.What they need to expand are the pokemon,human characters can stay.They dont determine if the series is dull or not.
Couldn't be easy and better restart with a new character and not always with Ash and his Pikachu?

Couldn't be easy and better restart with a new character and not with Ash and his Pikachu?

No,since the new character would be just like Kanto!Ash.But without years of build up and familiarity.

And not everyone is sick of Ash and Pikachu.I love them much more than ever.

No,since the new character would be just like Kanto!Ash.But without years of build up and familiarity.

I think is better to see a new character like Ash in kanto, instead of still Ash like Ash in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom