• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if players could become gym leaders?

ogregames64

Reaction score
Can I talk about future games here?

I think it would be cool if after defeating the player could become one of the gym leaders or create a new gym either after defeating that specific leader or defeating the elite four.

The only requirement would be that all of the pokemon have at least one type in common (to give the gym a theme).

Everyday the player would get a call that the gym is being challenged and if the player loses or doesn't defend it by the end of the day they lose their license. This doesn't occur if the game is off, obviously.

I would become a grass-type gym leader, which is funny because the grass gym leader is always the easiest to defeat.

Can I talk about future games here?

I think it would be cool if after defeating the player could become one of the gym leaders or create a new gym either after defeating that specific leader or defeating the elite four.

The only requirement would be that all of the pokemon have at least one type in common (to give the gym a theme).

Everyday the player would get a call that the gym is being challenged and if the player loses or doesn't defend it by the end of the day they lose their license. This doesn't occur if the game is off, obviously.

I would become a grass-type gym leader, which is funny because the grass gym leader is always the easiest to defeat.

I always hoped that the guy who's forever preparing the land in vermillion might do this but it never occurred...

I think it would be cool if may they introduced a separate main series game for this, or maybe somethind on the Wii...

I'd do Ghost, steel or water I thinl. Probably water, actually.

I could see this as a its own game. The goal is to climb the ranks of gym leaders, challenging all of the gyms one by one then maybe becoming one of the Elite Four.

It would be cool if you had to start out as a gym leader in a region, then after you beat a certain amount of ppl in a row, you move to be the 2nd gym leader instead of the first and so on. Then after the eigth, you are on the E4. the first is your start, champion last. then after champion, fronntier brain.

THAT WOULD B COOL:7up:

I've always thought it would be great to end up as a gym leader. It just seems to go nowhere once you've beaten the league. I'd love to become a gym leader, I'd probably choose a ghost type gym :)

I'd definitely like this. I'd become a Dark type or Fighting type, or some other type that doesn't have a gym yet...

Actually, aren't those the only two(if you aren't counting the Fighting Dojo)? Hmm... Yeah. I'd probably be a Dark type. :D

I'd definitely like this. I'd become a Dark type or Fighting type, or some other type that doesn't have a gym yet...

Actually, aren't those the only two(if you aren't counting the Fighting Dojo)? Hmm... Yeah. I'd probably be a Dark type. :D

Fighting not only has the dojo but Brawley of Dewford and Chuck of Cianwood.

I could see this as a its own game. The goal is to climb the ranks of gym leaders, challenging all of the gyms one by one then maybe becoming one of the Elite Four.

I like this idea. I also wouldn't mind the idea as described in the original post, either.

2vjueyb.jpg

And what would you do as a gym leader? Wait around for random challengers? At least with champion it makes sense to just beat the league. You don't have to stay as title-defender.

may i ask y u lose your gym all you do is give out a badge and do another challenger

Gen V talk goes here:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forumdisplay.php?f=392
Anyways, I don't think it would happen. Probably because all gym leaders usually do is sit around and wait for people to battle them.

Hardly. Half of them (misty, jasmine, chuck, morty, blue, giovanni, fantina I could go on) are too wrapped up in their own lives to even attend their gyms at times without providing for the challengers in any way.

Fighting not only has the dojo but Brawley of Dewford and Chuck of Cianwood.

and Maylene of Veilstone.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind this ... if it were a sidequest. Something you could actually do after completing the journey. About the same way as Blue. Have for instance the player character's father/mother be a gym leader who retires from the gym after hearing his/her child became better yada yada yada. (S)he hands
over the duties to the player who can then choose to defend it in the manner described by Ogregames.

but, emphasis on "side quest". There should be an option to decline.

24gh12 - You're right, it doesn't make sense to lose the gym over one loss, but I feel there should be some type of punishment for a loss.

I was just thinking of this idea as "something extra" after defeating the Elite Four; while the player is running around catching new pokemon and exploring the game after Elite Four, defending their gym can give them something else to do.

You don't have to stay as title-defender.

You make it sound like a chore. You don't have to do the Battle Frontier or the Safari Zone either: but it's nice that they're there. I like the gym/League setup for battling more than I do the Battle Frontier/Tower/insert iteration here, and it would be interesting to participate in it.

However, I'm not sure what it has to do with HG/SS...

Gen V talk goes here:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forumdisplay.php?f=392
Anyways, I don't think it would happen. Probably because all gym leaders usually do is sit around and wait for people to battle them.

Eh. I don't know what game you've been playing.
Gym Leaders are always out and not doing their job.

Morty for example: Inside of the Tower, not doing his job.
Jasmine: Inside of a lighthouse, not doing her job.
Roark: Inside of a cave, not doing his job.

Then you have the folks who likes to block the gym and they claim the gym leader isn't there.

Ah.

Technically, Jasmine was looking after her pokemon and Roark does work at the mine.

Roark shouldn't be working two jobs then if he cannot manage both properly.
Also what was Whitney doing in the Radio Tower AND the Pokeathlon dome? Not doing her job.

Roark shouldn't be working two jobs then if he cannot manage both properly.
Also what was Whitney doing in the Radio Tower AND the Pokeathlon dome? Not doing her job.

come on, even gym leaders need breaks don't you think?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom