• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if: Project Mirai DX2

DigitalGen6

Amid the snow falling down in flakes from the sky
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
I know, I know, not Pokémon related, was gonna make this last June, but didn’t because I was so unsure. Now I’ve realized I could probs just post it here in Outside the Box. So anyways, with ALL that said… What If: Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX2!
——
Context: Just in case you don’t have a clue what Project Mirai is (and if you’re not familiar with the Project DIVA series), development started in mid 2010 (not too long before BW released in Japan) then it was announced in September 2011 (so, a year after BW released in Japan) then it released in March 2012. Then Mirai 2 in 2013, then my all time favorite game in the series, Mirai DX (2015).
Mirai DX is an enhanced version of Mirai 2 and it has 1 new song (Nice To Meet You Mr. Earthling) and a lot of PVs were changed to Mirai ones.

Anyhow, I know it’s likely not gonna happen, but I just wanted to give out my ideas for it as I have made an idea for it.
  • Naturally, it would release on the Switch on the following days: 06/03/2017 (Japan), 11/08/2017 (US), idk about other days, I never planned them at all, this idea’s almost two months old
  • The theme and ending never made it in Mirai at all, but it’d be a fun idea to put them in.
Anyway, before we go into the songlist, there’s a few things I’d like to mention:
  • character items (leeks were already in Mirai DX but I wanted to add the others’)
  • Gumi finally playable (I complained about it like a few years ago) because Crypton signing a deal with Internet Co.
  • Teto, Neru and Haku playable (previously in the Project DIVA series, as playable characters, Teto and others make their way into the series)
  • The game is rated E10, so censorship obvi
  • The game is also created by Internet Co. which is why Gumi’s playable
  • Brand new multiplayer mode (local wireless or Internet connection)
Anyway, song list time!
  1. Ageage Again
  2. Senbonzakura (censored in Korea once again, why)
  3. On the rocks
  4. 1925
  5. Tricolor Airline
  6. I’ll Miku Miku You (theme song) - the first new song, plus nostalgia; not to mention the first song here not by an already mentioned producer in Mirai; the first new Miku song
  7. Mosaic Roll - the first new Gumi song, and besides, we need more DECO*27 (and I’m aware Ghost Rule and Ai Kotoba will get a mention or two in the comments)
  8. Weekender Girl - the first new song with a new module (we need more livetune, and I will give a shout-out to Stewie 1.0)
  9. 1 2 Fanclub - the first new song that can actually let you switch Gumi’s module
  10. Koneko no Payapaya
  11. Romeo and Cinderella
  12. Electric Angel
  13. Hello, How are You? - the first old that can actually let you switch modules
  14. Interviewer
  15. World is Mine
  16. Doremifa Rondo
  17. Kokoro (+ switchable module)
  18. Daughter of Evil (+ switchable module)
  19. Invisible
  20. Just Be Friends (can we please have this song?? I would love to see this in Mirai) - the first new Luka song
  21. World’s End Dancehall (the Diva F PV for it but with Mirai models) - PAY RESPECT TO WOWAKA, WON’T YA?
  22. Ochame Kinou/Mischievous Function - the first Teto song (I’m sure everyone will be happy to see it)
  23. Daughter of White - Evillous Chronicles needs more love; the first Haku song
  24. Sweet Magic
  25. Embarrassed Hiding Adolescence
  26. Cendrillon
  27. Matryoshka
  28. Hello Planet
  29. Adolescence
  30. reverse rainbow
  31. Electric Love
  32. Amatsu Kitsune
  33. Rin Rin Signal - for one, nostalgia; two, the first new song for both Rin and Len
  34. Nice To Meet You Mr. Earthling
  35. Mousou Sketch
  36. 39’s Music (ending credits theme, I know it should be in last because it fits more but at this point, idk/idc)
  37. Glow (alright let’s see if it’ll get banned worldwide)
  38. Shake it
  39. Melancholic
  40. Animal fortune telling
  41. Kimi no Taion (you get to see Meiko and Rin versions finally, thanks for scrapping it SEGA /s)
  42. No Logic
  43. Servant of Evil (fun fact, Project Mirai DX made it look like Rin was in the guillotine, at least, that’s what it looked like to me)
  44. Stay With Me - the first new Meiko song in the game, AND a Christmas song. Not only is Miku getting her Christmas module back but Meiko’s also getting one too OR winter themed one)
  45. 1/6 out of the gravity
  46. Triple Baka - iconic, just iconic. This song’s a perfect candidate, huh? Not to mention it is the first Neru song in the game
  47. Finder (DSLR re:mix)
  48. Yumeyume
  49. Common World Domination
  50. Skeleton Orchestra and Lilia/Riria
  51. Piano X Forte X Scandal
  52. Monochrome Blue Sky - why can’t it be in the song list, huh? It sounds great, and I’m constantly getting nostalgia blast, because of it
  53. Deep Sea Girl
  54. Happy Synthesizer
  55. Luka Luka Night Fever - we HAVE to pay our respect to samfree, we just have to
  56. Snowman
  57. Piano Girl
  58. Watashi no Jikan (another question: why do the music notes in the third verse look weird, and why did it scare the Arceus out of me when I first played the song like five Januarys ago??)
  59. Cantarella - PLEASE (the original version is gonna be in first, and the Grace edition will follow as an alternate selection, bringing to a total of 64 songs (yay evening out) if it’s a separate song)
  60. Sing and Smile
  61. Roshin Yukai (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)
  62. Lol (lots of laugh)
  63. Clover Club
I came up with the order thanks to a RNG.
Also, new costumes/modules for new songs and old ones. The ones from Project DIVA have the same names as the modules from said game.
  • Monochrome Blue Sky (Blue Sky)
  • Cantarella
    • Classic for Kaito and School Noble for Miku
    • After finishing the game, Rosa Prue for Kaito and and Rosa Bianca for Miku
  • I’ll Make You Miku Miku (uses OG module)
  • Roshin Yukai (Reactor)
  • Weekender Girl (Pansy module)
  • Stay With Me (Snowflake Sonata)
  • Ochame Kinou (Teto OG)
  • Triple Baka (Miku, Teto, Neru ALL OG)
  • Rin Rin Signal (uses original modules)
  • World’s End Dancehall (Miku Emerald and Luka Ruby)
  • Just Be Friends (Chiffon)
  • Luka Luka Night Fever (Luka OG)
  • Mosaic Roll (new PV + Gumi gets a similar outfit to the PV Gumi while a mirror Gumi appears wearing the same outfit but black hair)
  • Daughter of White (Haku gets a similar outfit to the Daughter of White)
  • 39’s Music (Miku’s PS4 dancing all night outfit because that’s the closest we could get to her PV outfit)
And alternate vocal options (*thanks Stewie 1.0 for some of them) AND modules
  • Deep Sea Girl (Teto*) - Module: Deep Sea Girl Teto
  • Ageage Again (Rin*) - Module: AgeAge Again Rin
  • Yumeyume (Meiko*) - Dreamer Meiko
  • reverse rainbow (Luka/Meiko, Luka/Gumi, KAITO/Meiko, Meiko/Gumi) - Reverse Rainbow KAITO, Reverse Rainbow Meiko, Reverse Rainvow Gumi
  • Koneko no Payapaya (Rin/Gumi) - Blue Neko Rin, Gold Neko Gumi (since Miku is Pink Neko and Meiko is green Neko)
  • Sing and Smile (Gumi, Teto, Neru, Haku) - Cheerful Gumi/Teto/Neru/Haku
  • Mousou Sketch (Luka, Gumi) - Mousou Girl Luka/Gumi
  • 1925 (Gumi, Teto, Neru, Haku) - Conductor Viridian (Gumi), Conductor Magenta (Teto), Conductor Gold (Neru), Conductor Silver (Haku)
  • Matryoshka (Rin/Len) - (couldn’t do Teto and Ritsu because then I’d have to put Ritsu in and while I don’t have a problem with Ritsu AT ALL, I just didn’t feel like putting them in) Hooded Rin/Len
  • No Logic (Miku*) - Logic Finder (since Luka is Logic Seeker)
  • Romeo and Cinderella (Meiko, Gumi) - Vintage Dress Meiko/Gumi
  • Senbonzakura (Gumi*) - Ichi no Sakura Gumi (I know Miku is Ichi no Sakura, but they can have the same one, right?)
  • Skeleton Orchestra and Lilia (Luka*) - Lune (since Miku is Etoile)
  • Melancholic (Luka*) - Melancholy Luka
  • 1/2 Fanclub (Miku/Len*, KAITO/Meiko) - Panda Miku/Len/Kaito/Meiko
    • The Miku/Len version is Giga-P remix
  • Tricolore Airline (Teto, Neru, Haku) - Cabin Attendant Teto/Neru/Haku
  • Kimi No Taion (Meiko, Rin) - (SEGA, thanks a lot for scrapping this, you idiots) Farewell Meiko/Rin
  • Nice To Meet You Mr. Earthling (Len) - Wacky (since Miku is Zany)
  • Shake it (Luka/Meiko/KAITO, all modules switchable) - Vibe-rant Rainbow (Luka), Disco Divo (Kaito), Scarlet Multicolor (Meiko)
  • 39’s Music (Haku) - PS4: Rocking All Night
Yeah, that’s pretty much it. If this doesn’t fit the forums, I’ll remove it : )
(I still wish to know why Project Mirai never got a fourth game and why the music notes in Watashi No Jikan look weird)

A fellow Miku games fan!! I'm a bit more experienced with Project Diva, and I've had fun with Project Mirai as well!

Honestly I do think that Project Mirai would fit well with the Switch, and I'm still kind of perplexed that it didn't end up going to the PS Vita! I guess they already got the Project Diva series there, though.

Looking at your song list... honestly I think it's quite solid! (There was a Rin version of Kimi no Taion!?)

And as for Senbonzakura and the like being banned in Korea, Japanese-Korean relations have been historically been quite restrained due to the extremely unfortunate acts Japan committed against Korea during the Imperial times, and as such songs (such as Senbonzakura) with an Imperial Japanese-style flair tend to be looked down upon a lot, especially because of Japan's extremely regrettable reluctance to even admit to a fair amount of the horrendous acts committed years and years prior. International relations are complicated, and... it's very troubling and sad on Japan's part. sighs

Honestly, I'd love to see more newer songs on Project Mirai! I'd imagine that a lot of the newer guitar-heavy producers like eve (or anyone who works using flower) would be super fun to play — they already are on Project Diva imho??

But here's hoping LOL.

A fellow Miku games fan!! I'm a bit more experienced with Project Diva, and I've had fun with Project Mirai as well!

Honestly I do think that Project Mirai would fit well with the Switch, and I'm still kind of perplexed that it didn't end up going to the PS Vita! I guess they already got the Project Diva series there, though.

Looking at your song list... honestly I think it's quite solid! (There was a Rin version of Kimi no Taion!?)
I believe so! From what I know (from a video I watched about cut content in Mirai DX), there was a Rin version and a Meiko version of Kimi no Taion somewhere in the files but was never added in (idk why lol), the costumes for it exist though
And as for Senbonzakura and the like being banned in Korea, Japanese-Korean relations have been historically been quite restrained due to the extremely unfortunate acts Japan committed against Korea during the Imperial times, and as such songs (such as Senbonzakura) with an Imperial Japanese-style flair tend to be looked down upon a lot, especially because of Japan's extremely regrettable reluctance to even admit to a fair amount of the horrendous acts committed years and years prior. International relations are complicated, and... it's very troubling and sad on Japan's part. sighs
I figured. I read something about it before and iirc, it was probably replaced with World is Mine?
Honestly, I'd love to see more newer songs on Project Mirai! I'd imagine that a lot of the newer guitar-heavy producers like eve (or anyone who works using flower) would be super fun to play — they already are on Project Diva imho??

But here's hoping LOL.
Yeah. I don’t think they’ll make anymore Project Mirais for whatever reason, I wish they did tho :)

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom