• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What if...teenage Lillie had been the one to give you Type: Null in the endgame?

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
I don't know why, but the fact that Type: Null & Silvally's existence in the Galar Dex can be explained by somebody from Galar stealing the blueprints to allow Type: Null to be reproduced in the region...really, really, REALLY bothers me.

We already knew that there was a third Type: Null created at Aether Paraidse. And so I thought, wouldn't it have made so much more sense if, instead of some random Trainer in the Battle Tower giving you a Type: Null, Lusamine had sent Lillie (who is now assisting her with her research at Aether Paradise) to the Galar region in order to deliver the third one to Sonia for research purposes, but after learning that you saved the Galar region from Eternatus & became the new Champion, the two of them decided to leave it in your hands instead because Lillie knows you're a capable Trainer who will take good care of it?

After thinking about this, I feel like this is such a missed opportunity. Not only would it have wrapped up that loose end involving the third Type: Null, but we could've learned some more about what's been happening in Alola since the events of SM/USUM. And on top of that, I think a throwback dialogue line like this would've been pretty touching too:

"You know, <player>, you remind me of Alola's first ever Champion. I know that I would not be where I am right now in my life, had they not moved to Alola from Kanto and inspired me in so many ways. And on that note...I wonder how Nebby's doing these days?"

What do you all think?

Last edited:
My headcanon is that Faba was the one that sold Type: Null's blueprints to whatever company made Galar's Type: Null. I mean, that would not be exactly out of character for him, specially if they stroked his ego a bit, and USUM showed us that he is (was?) willing to betray Lusamine at any moment.

I do agree that not having it be the third Alolan Type: Null was wasted, though.

Personally, I feel like this could have been turned into a mini-quest with some lore added to it.

Like, keep the whole bit about the origins of Galar: Null — I personally like the idea of Faba selling the blueprints, and I would include that in the lore — and have the player team up with Gladion and infiltrate a lab where they defeat some scientists who have been working for Rose. They could have been working on the chimera for some reason — maybe as another way to contain the Dynamax energy or something. Once the duo defeats them all, they either get Galar: Null’s Pokéball, or the player may even be forced to catch a rampaging Galar: Null (ready your Luxury Balls!). After all of that, player and Gladion would part ways.

For Lillie, I could see her appearing in Galar to give you a Cosmog, which would evolve into Lunala/Solgaleo either depending from the game or whether you leveled it up during day (Solgaleo) or night (Lunala). Especially considering that the Cosmog line and Necrozma are coded in the game.

…You know what? I may just make this my headcanon. It would have been so cool in many ways.

I mean, avoiding taking the most organic and obvious course and coming up with something needlessly more convoluted is practically a Game Freak signature at this point. I have to admit that I kinda love it.

Though in fairness, they would have come up with some contrived reason for why there's more than three at some point anyway, because these are surely not the last games that will feature Type: Null. So if anything, I'd question why they wrote SM to say that three were created rather than just two.

Last edited:
It's not solving the last Type: Null cause it's not the last Type: Null. It's an entirely new Type: Null that was created after the creation notes were stolen by someone.

The third Type: Null is still out there somewhere. (Hopefully Sinnoh for an additional remake sub-plot involving it.)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom