• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What if they make a game focused on Wild Pokémon that don't want to be caught

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
So the main games focus on a Trainer catching Pokémon to complete his Pokédex and compete in Battles. But what if Nintendo makes a spin-off game focused on a wild Pokémon? They have done that before with Mystery Dungeon and PokéPark. But in those games, there weren't any humans (except for one that turned into a Pokémon). What if in this game, you are a wild Pokémon that doesn't want to be caught? Like if you are caught, it's game over. So you have to battle every trainer that tries to catch you. And if they throw a Poké Ball at you, you need to mash the B button repeatedly to fill a meter to break free. The meter drops faster depending on your damage, your character's catch rate, difference in levels with the opponent, and status condition. If the meter empties, you're caught and it's game over. If it's full, you break free. Would anyone want to play this game?

So the main games focus on a Trainer catching Pokémon to complete his Pokédex and compete in Battles. But what if Nintendo makes a spin-off game focused on a wild Pokémon? They have done that before with Mystery Dungeon and PokéPark. But in those games, there weren't any humans (except for one that turned into a Pokémon). What if in this game, you are a wild Pokémon that doesn't want to be caught? Like if you are caught, it's game over. So you have to battle every trainer that tries to catch you. And if they throw a Poké Ball at you, you need to mash the B button repeatedly to fill a meter to break free. The meter drops faster depending on your damage, your character's catch rate, difference in levels with the opponent, and status condition. If the meter empties, you're caught and it's game over. If it's full, you break free. Would anyone want to play this game?
Inb4 N comes along

Interesting concept, but it sounds more fit for a fan-made parody game.

Hm... It can work.

But it's a very simple idea, so can be implemented in mobile.
That cell games that people play in the traveling, when bored in the class or in the bus.

I wouldn't attempt an idea like that, since it goes against a lot of what the series has been about. Also, as one person above me mentioned, it would be PETA bait.

Imagine you're a lvl 7 Zubat, and all the trainers you encounter 'run away'. I love this concept already!

In a spin-off game; not really. I mean, it sounds a bit dark compared to every other Pokemon game we've got. I wouldn't like a game like that, especially when you look at it compared to the core games. You caught a Pokemon that probably didn't want to be caught. Let's have a fun game catching monsters or being monsters in a cutesy, human-free world without going too much into the subject of what's ethical for fictional creatures.

I personally wouldn't care for it in the main games, either. In theory, it sounds good and you just can't go on catching that Pokemon, but I cannot imagine looking my ass off for that one Pokemon with a 1% encounter rate only for it to be like "No, I don't want to be caught!" You're forced to leave. Now spend another eternity looking for one that wants to be caught.

That, in addition to what was mentione above.

I was with you up until:
you need to mash the B button repeatedly to fill a meter to break free.

Now what if you're a wild Pokemon who doesn't want to get caught, is captured, and have to learn to build a relationship with a human and his other Pokemon?

Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition: The "Other" Yellow

A retelling of the classic GBC game, this time from the perspective of Pikachu

Its literally the exact same game...except you don't control anything.

Do you mean something like a Wild Pokémon Simulator? That would be interesting, but it's more likely to be a fan project then an official Pokémon spin-off.

Isn't that what Ranger's about? You're borrowing Pokémon to solve puzzles and defeat criminals.

I don't think that would work. Yeah, there's likely to be many wild Pokémon that don't want to be caught, but those Pokémon are likely to hide from humans, as opposed to the wild Pokémon that just jump out at you, which is implied in D/P/Pt to be because they want to help you on your journey.

A game where a Pokémon who didn't want to be caught is constantly fighting trainers trying to catch it? Sounds like it kind of goes against everything Pokémon stands for.

A game where a Pokémon who didn't want to be caught is constantly fighting trainers trying to catch it? Sounds like it kind of goes against everything Pokémon stands for.
Pokemon B/W was similar in that it challenged the very concept this franchise was built upon and yet ended on a positive note.

This hypothetical game could be similar, but end with the Pokemon realizing that not all humans are bad. Kinda like Pokemon version of N.

Could be like a extra in-game for a next PokePark.
You know a small game build into a bigger one.

I'm rather a fan of Colloseum and Stadion based Pokemon games, but they could/should be more like Pokken T. in future.
Destroing of fields, usement of fields, pokemon really moving and avoiding attacks, build in gyms and league.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom