• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if YOU ran the Pokemon Anime?

GAME FAITHFULNESS DOES NOT MEAN SATOSHI SHOULD BE WRITTEN OUT. :p He's the anime version of Red.

If I was in charge of the anime, I would make it a lot like the doujinishi I'm currently working on right now. It starts off more or less the same, but Satoshi slowly takes more and more levels of badass during the Kanto saga and eventually becomes a better representation of Red from the games. Yes, that means that:

-Rocket-dan (as an organization) plays a bigger role earlier on and eventually gets disbanded by Satoshi.
-Satoshi wins the Pokemon League and goes on to be challenged by the Elite Four as a test that will truly confirm if he's the strongest.
-Satoshi becomes the champion (Professor Oak being the former undefeated champion, inspired by a beta idea from the RGBY games and reeks of epic plot twist).

After Kanto...
-This also means that there is a three-year time skip and Satoshi goes through a Heroic BSOD during that time period, secluding himself on Mt. Silver, and becomes like Red as depicted in various fanarts when he comes back to his senses. And yes, he would be using that badass theme during his battle with this version's representation of Gold/Hibiki (most likely Kenta).
-Different protagonists are introduced, similar to the games and Special manga, with the future generations following suit.
-The above means that there is aging and better continuity within my universe, as Satoshi won't be stuck being the protagonist that gets developed and then gets a reset in experience every region. He's only the protagonist during the Kanto portions.
-A few relationships become canon, albeit in a way that doesn't make you puke. Yuuki with Haruka would be like Ruby with Sapphire from the manga, for instance.
-Remakes get their own plot. FRLG would be like the Battle Frontier in the anime, only that Satoshi is noticeably more mature (AKA I WILL MAKE HIM MORE GAR), gives up his champion title in favor of becoming a wandering trainer to better himself, and takes up a mentor role to a character based on Leaf (female counterpart to Red in FRLG). The Battle Frontier also takes place on the Sevii Islands.
-The Fame Checker from FRLG make an appearance during the portion that is based on FRLG. Leaf will be like "EEEEEEEH SUGOI IT'S SATOSHI THE FORMER CHAMPION [/fangirl]" and Satoshi will be like, "lawl, new kids and their new technology".

In general...
-It's noticeably more plot-driven and the characters are better developed. This means that the evil teams are handled better by being integrated into the main plot and characters won't have a "herp derp reset" button. ESPECIALLY SATOSHI.

Other differences during the part that is similar to the real anime include: Satoshi wearing red clothes (lol, get it?), Fushigidane evolving into Fushigisou, some of his released Pokemon stay with him, Shigeru has an Eevee as a starter instead of Zenigame, Satoshi being able to switch his party Pokemon using a button on the Pokedex (the feature introduced in the lighthouse episode that was dropped into discontinuity shortly after), Myuutwo doesn't erase his memories in the first movie, Satoshi's nickname is Red because of his FIERY RED PASSION, etc... Most importantly, NO PITY BADGES. Well, except for Takeshi giving him a badge for showing good sportmanship by sparing Iwark from a rather unfair defeat, but I make him earn it later by promising an epic rematch in the future (before Takeshi leaves the group).

My idea is basically this: an adaptation of an adaptation of a game that deviates to become an adaptation of a game. If anyone wants, I can post a rough outline of what I have.

~Nyoro~n

I'd actually watch this.

I'd also probably feature the other evil Teams more. Would it kill the actual writers to do so?

Lets say for the sake of argument I became the writer during this season (Unova saga/arc), I would probably let whatever ideas going around at the time play out and only really require a couple of things to happen this season.

1. Team Rocket remains viable threat and Ash beats them and destroys their base just before the league. He thinks hes seen the last of them but the viewer learns that their mission went semi successfully and Giovanni is bringing the Trio back to Kanto to help him with his new plan, but first he needs them to do one more thing for him. The viewers mind is left to wonder for the rest of the season.

2. Ash would lose in the semi finals in the Unova Championships. This would make Ash wonder what he has left to do, then he would see Ho-Oh flying back towards Kanto, Ash then decides that he will go back to where he began. He says his goodbyes to his friends and leaves.

Thus Ash would return to Kanto. We would of course have the "Welcome back" episodes in Pallet Town and such but the major thing I would do would be:

1. Ash learns he has 6 months to train for the championships and he decides to use the pokemon he originally used in Kanto - Although some of his party will be unavailable, the break down will be
a. Charizard - Comes back, but when asked about Charla he goes into a depressive state (think Brock during the Orange league)
b. Squirtle - Does not come back, Ash realizes that people need the Squirtle Squad and says his good byes to Squirtle.
c. Pidgeot - First Pokemon ash attempts to get back, but realizes Pidgeot has a whole new life as the leader of the Pidgeys so says his goodbyes to it as well.
d. Primeape - Comes back, and he is a power house due to his training. Was sent to Oaks before Ash got there as Anthony said that Primeape was done with his training, and left a note for Ash thanking him for trusting him with his Pokemon.

2. Misty returns as a traveling companion - But their relationship has matured past the constant nagging of each other, also just because I'm old school, its heavily hinted that they like each other. Misty's goal is to get Cerulean City's gym reopened after her sisters negligence got it shut down while she was away. In order to even be considered though she has to get badges and do well in the Pokemon League to be considered (she says that she didn't have to do this before because the gym was originally run by her parents and Gyms can be handed down through generations.) So her journey is what Ash and her travel for, also its a good way to see how much Kanto has changed in the past 2 or 3 years.

3. Gary returns as a rival, but a friendly one - Once Gary learns that Ash is going to challenge the League again Gary decides he will too and starts a new journey as well.

4. More screentime for Kingler and Primeape (Ash's 2 new party members) and the rest of the party in general - With the absence of Squirtle, Kingler would step up to the plate as Ash's new water type and Primeape has been gone so long that fans need to see him a bit more then they would need to see Charizard. Although all of the party Pokemon need to be given proper screen time.

5. Team Rockets master plan is to capture Ho-Oh and use it to take ove the world - and they have success doing so, but Ash is determined to free it. The trio also start to feel bad once the see the treatment that Ho-Oh gets and by the end team up with Ash and co to free it. In the end Ho-Oh is free and Team Rocket is in shambles. Also Giovanni is revealed to be the head of the organization and is shipped off to jail. Ash has a moment with Ho-Oh finally and Ho-Oh allows Ash to Capture him, giving Ash his first legendary. The trio then join up with Ash and travel with him.

6. Ash wins the league and become Champion - Ash beats Gary in the Finals and goes through the elite 4 to finally reach his dream of becoming the very best (like no one ever was) His winning team would be:

1.Pikachu
2.Charizard
3.Bulbasaur
4. Ho-Oh
5.Kingler
6. Primeape

Although pretty much everyone of Ash's old pokemon that he still has would show up for a round or so.

7. Misty wins her Gym back - pretty self explanatory, Misty does well enough in the Tournament that she is allowed to become a Gym leader again.

8. Pokeshipping and Rocketshipping becomes Cannon - Listen I'm usually not the shipping kind, but to me this is the only ones that makes sense, with The Orange Islands saga and Pokemon 2000 Pokeshipping was basically cannon already and I just always thought Jessie and James would eventually get together.

9. End Ash's story for good - Maybe check up on him every so often in filler episodes, but this should be the end of Ash's tale.

After this I would just have the story be about a new kid just starting his Pokemon journey in the new region.

Last edited:
*looks at thread title* Things'd be quite different, that's for sure. I'll need lotsa time to write it all up, though. Maybe I'll toss my ideas in bits and pieces as they come to me, then.

In the meantime, here's something: recall a certain girl in a black dress that didn't make the cut in Gen 1? Oh yeah, she'd be there. Hey, if PokéSpecial can put her in their continuity, something like the animé (ie. with some more... uh, officialness? Clout? Not really sure how to phrase it) should have no trouble slotting her in.

I'd like a group of four: two boys and two girls.
Oh, this so much.

If I ran the Pokémon anime, I would take a lot of suggestions from the members here of the forum so no one would complain anymore. <3

That's a good idea but not everybody will not complain even if you do that. There's always someone who disagrees.

If I ran it? Mwa ha ha ha ha!!!

First off, each region would have different main characters, and time would actually pass. It would have a cast of: Boy, Girl, Boy / Girl, girl, boy. It would have the main story following the games, (as in team [insert ridiculous sometimes name here]) and collecting gym badges, but much like the anime, it'd have some side stories as well, often known as fillers. But, it would also have side story side story stories as well, for each character. For example, Misty wanting to be the greatest water type trainer would be tied up. This is so, each time a region ends, each character's story would be tied up.

It would also incorporate anime only characters, sometimes as part of the main cast, and it would include playable characters from the games. The main main character would be the game character, boy or girl, and the opposing one would often be involved in some other way, being the assistants professor, or another child travelling at a ridiculously young age.

Finally, each season would (until you get to season 7, or something) include cameos from a popular or important character from the previous seasons, but not just for the sake of it, but focusing on their goal. E.g, in season 2 (each season's a new region! (rhyme intended)) Ash might pop up in the Pokemon league, or, as the guy stronger than the champion, tying in with the game. (He is Red's incarnation!). That's all I can think of for now.

Set generation 6 in the Orre Region, also I would bring in Cipher and the shadow Pokemon thing.

I would end Ash's story with Best Wishes, with him entering the Champion league.

Gen 6 would be an all-new cast and continuity.

Comletely agree with you 100%. I would start all over without Ash. I would probably start over with like Wes or Michael from Colosseum/XD with his Eevee or Espeon and Umbreon, Also I would bring in shadow Pokemon.

Give a Ash a pseudo-legendary, evolve all except his Pikachu to final form, have him catch a few more pokemon.

I'd like a group of four: two boys and two girls.

Me too, but that's never happening. I think there's some kind of law in place that every TV show ever made has to have three major characters:

1. Protagonist
2. Supporting character #1 (opposite gender of protagonist)
3. Supporting character #2 (same gender of protagonist)

In addition, one or more of the supporting characters has to belong to a different race than the protagonist.

Oh, and I'd have Ash win a damn league already.

I wouldn't change too much at first. Ash's goal was to catch 'em all. He'll get closer. Maybe 50 by the end of season 1 (including Butterfree), but he'll keep a base team of six most of the time.

There'd be another girl rival popping up along with Gary (resembling the dropped female protagonist of the original games). Let's call her Amanda for future reference

Brock and Misty would follow Ash, but eventually he would have actually repaid her for her bike and the three go their separate ways after beating Giovanni for the last badge (and in doing so eliminating TR). They'd reappear to cheer Ash on at the Indigo League that he manages to actually win defeating Amanda and Gary. End Season 1. Time passed: two months

Season 2 (to replace Orange Islands): one month later, still in Kanto.
Believe it or not, Ash and Gary are in school (fifth grade). But they don't have time for sports or extracurricular activities. The Elite Four are out to destroy the world. Ash, Gary, and Amanda team up this time to stop them.

i'd add the male clefary from the japanese Pocket Monsters manga as a main character

Starting from the beginning of the Sinnoh league I would make Brock disappear and have Gary be Mr. Exposition(but the battles would actually NEED exposition). The conference would take a long time and would have Harrison, Morrison and Ritchie as well as some minor characters like AJ and the Marowak guy as well as some cool originals. All of Ash's old friends would come plus Delia and Oak. Battles would be intense and two trainers will remain a Disguised Brock(who got the same badges as Ash in secret) with tons of Fangirls. Ash losses to Brock but Brock says that Ash is a great trainer and no longer need his guidance he leaves never to be seen a again (for awhile at least).

In all the following regions their will be dozen's of pokemon trainers who all serve as Ash's rivals not all of the episodes will have Ash in it and since their is so many characters meeting, dating, battling, catching Pokemon and getting badges: there would be so much development that there is no room for filler since every episode develops a character.

Also Ash would be 14 or 15 and it would be bumped up to TV PG it works well in America because Cartoon Network started airing shows like Regular Show and Total Drama. It may not work so well on other networks though.

What Turquoise said. xD

I'd do the exact same thing, if I were in charge of the Pokemon dub. <3

I would ignore all censorship and make pokemon suitable for older fans also for little ones to.

I wont change any character but I will give other characters bigger rules

also I will make a spit off series that forces of many game and anime characters

I will change some of the stuff :p especially those behind the 13th movie "the pokemon scandal"

I will make jessie and james succeed on stealing some pokemon

I will make meowth act like a pokemon not a human like he's now and will change his english script and insert "meowth"

and I will make ash win that league and became an elite four or something

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom