• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What ingame team will you use?

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
Okay, I don't see a topic for this, but if there is (recently), feel free to tell me x)

Anyway, this topic is to list what Pokemon team you're going to use for the storyline.

I plan to use Meganium, Heracross, and Miltank - mainly because I've never used those Pokemon in a GS playthrough. x)

I was thinking: Totodile, Charizard, Sceptile, Weavile, Mew and Raichu.

Though lately I figured I might replace Sceptile with Torterra since I have Sceptile in platinum (also because Torterra is half ground-type and learns Earthquake by level-up...I don't think I ever HAD a ground-type in my party before o_O I considered it for Platinum but ended up teaching Infernape Earthquake instead.)True I also have Raichu there (AND in Red) but hey...I like Raichu:B Maybe I'll use Pikachu just for change or a Notched-ear Pichu...

Then add a couple of HM slaves cuz there's NO WAY I'm giving Totodile Surf, Whirpool and Waterfall...about the only thing I didn't like about Jotho is their insane amount of water-HMs... (and lots of HMS in the first place). Totodile will know Surf, since IMO its one of the strongest water-moves and the best HM:3

Last edited:
Feraligatr
Jumpluff
Ampharos
Togetic
Teddiursa
Magmar

I know that looks really generic, but I can't find any other Pokemon ;-;

Meganium, Furret, and some HM slaves. Probably hoothoot and wooper/poliwag or something. Oh, and I think I'll train an Ampharos too this time.

Well, I'm almost done with the Radio Tower quest, and my team isn't really what I thought it would be at all!

Feraligatr
Beedrill
Haunter
Gyarados (Red)
Ampharos

And then Spearow for flying.
I'm considering axing my Feraligatr/turning it into an HM slave, because it has a horrible nature (-ATK, +SPATK) while my Gyarados is Jolly. Beedrill is staying for sure (SE against 2 of the E4 and resistant to the other 2? Yes plz.), despite being overall not the BEST Bug ever. So, I really just want an Ice and maybe a Dragon? Who knows.

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Heracross
Skarmory, maybe
Red Gyarados, of course
Espeon/Umbreon

May be I'll drop Skarmory for a Sneasel or the Eeveelution for a Misdreavus, I'm not too sure. Well, I've got like 6 months to think about it.

Feraligatr
Kingdra
Ampharos
Miltank
Dragonite
Politoed

And for SoulSilver
Typloshion
Sunflora
Octillery
Slowking
Porygon2
And most likely Heracross, although I'm thinking about Heracross.

Or I'll make a mono-water-team or something like that.

My current one is...
Typhlosion
Red Gyrados
Ampharos
Pidgeot
Graveler
Ho-Oh/Slowbro (HM Slave)

Right now, I've just captured Ho-Oh so I plan to use it in the E4.

Feraligatr
Ampharos
Heracross
Xatu
Magmar/Houndoom
Gliscor

Then after the storyline:

Feraligatr
Charizard
Sceptile
Ampharos
Gliscor
Gallade

Many people tend to be going for teams that include mostly gen 1 pokemon from what I've seen 'round the net. Lots of Arcanines, Gyarados and Pidgeots floating around. I guess it's supposed to be a nostalgia thing, but I dunno. I just find that kind of jarring, personally.

Anywho, I'll be sticking to some cool Johto guys that I never actually bothered with up until now.

Dunsparce <- Will replace starter with this beast asap.
Granbull
Xatu
Donphan/Ursaring
Magcargo (if it's possible to get it early)
Octillery/Hitmontop. Whichever is available sooner.

I'm also tempted by the likes of Slowking and Politoed, but the whole trading hoo-haa makes that difficult.

....anyone else gonna train Dunsparce?! :D

Typhlosion(Is a beast)
Ampharos (Is a boss)
Hitmontop (Because I don't usually use Fighting Types)
Xatu (Is a beast-boss)
- Undecided -
- Undecided -

Although I've been looking through Bulbapedia to find out if there's any location changes, and it looks like I'll have to trade in a Natu and Tyrogue from my Diamond file.

Aparantly Natu can't be found around the Ruins of Alph any more (They weren't listed there last time I checked at least.) I was counting on the Daycare Egg to be included, so I could hatch it repeatedly until I got a Tyrogue. But if that's not in, I'll have to trade in a Hitmon and breed my own.

Which is a shame. I really didn't want to trade any Pokemon to make my team this time around.

My in-game team will be:

Feraligatr
Magneton (or Magnezone if I feel like trading it to Platinum to evolve it)
Tyranitar
Heracross
Noctowl
Espeon

I'm leaving two spots opens for HM slaves, probably Bibarel and Tropius. So, that leaves four. Of those four, Houndoom and Espeon will be in. So, that leaves me two spots to swap team members in and out.

Those team members are: Typhlosion, Gyrados, Ampharos, Scizor, Tyranitar, Crobat, Weavile, and Nidoking.

Last edited:
I'm getting the game so I have access to Plat content without having to play through Sinnoh with minor cosmetic crap again.

Anyways, Typhlo, Rotom, Ambipom, Chatot, Mismagius, and Tyranitar, probably.

Well, B4 I beat the E4, I am going to use:
Typhlosion
Gengar
Crobat
Scizor
Lugia
Shiny Red Gyarados.

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Gyarados
Noctowl
Heracross
Golem / Tyranitar

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom