• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What ingame team will you use?

Cyndaquil>Typhlosion.
Shiny Beldum>Metagross.
Shiny Eevee>Espeon *dispite not liking its HG/SS sprite..
Absol*possibly shiny if can chain one before release.
Abra>Alakazam cause I always do.
Syther or haunter.
Final team after first 8 gyms..
Espeon, Metagross, Alakazam, Gallade, Mew, and Deoxys(spd) cause I like my Diamond team.

I'm still not 100% sure on this but:
Tyranitar
Typlosion
Gyarados
Lanturn
Noctowl
Weezing

:/ I will try to get this team but anything can happen really.

My team!

picture.php

I think I'll use...
Quilava (which I'll have breeded from my Typhlosion)
Heracross
Pidgeot with heat Wave
Absol
Magnezone
Venasaur

Yes, I like Quilava better than Typhlosion. So what. Sue me.

Johto:
Typhlosion
Scizor
Heracross
Red Gyarados
Crobat
Ampharos

Kanto:
Scizor
Charizard(Shiny)
Salamence
Lucario
Electivire
Gardevoir
:D

Houndoom (or Typhlosion if it's unavailable till Kanto)
Xatu
Ampharos
Poliwrath
Piloswine
Dragonite

Not too sure about the starter, between Typhlosion and Feraligatr
Lapras/Torkoal for the ones before, Lapras for Typhlosion, Torkoal for Feraligatr
Ursaring of course. i love the bear.
Xatu
Leafeon
Nidoqueen

My plan so far:

HeartGold
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Gligar/Gliscor (if I get the means to evolve it)
Umbreon
Xatu
Undecided water Pokemon (Kingdra?)

SoulSilver
Feraligatr
Houndoom
Espeon
Togetic/Togekiss (if I get the means to evolve it)
Jumpluff/Extremespeed Dragonite (depends if I have the patience for raising a Dragon)
Undecided

May change (depends on what and when I can trade), but the Starters and Eeveelutions (and Ampharos) are already decided.

Well, it´ll take a while ´till SoulSilver will be released in Germany, but my ingame team is , for the most part, already set in stone:

- Typhlosion ( I just like it the best out of the given starters)

- Ursaring ( Many might laugh now but I´ve never trained an Ursaring before. I have a level 100 TeddiUrsa since Pearl, but I only used it for Pick-up purpose, so training the real thing will be refreshing I think.)

- shiny Marowak ( not a Johto Pokémon, but I caught a shiny Cubone by accident in my Platinum version and want to use it somehow. It is a neat pokémon anyway)

- shiny Kingdra ( I have a shiny horsea ever since FireRed and finally I can use it in a region where its last evo belongs to ^^)

- Sneasle/Weavile ( never trained one)

- the last one is not planned yet, I´ll wait what the safari zone offers. A Dunsparce is a reasonable option though.

I'm thinking about it but I'm not sure...
Typhlosion
Red Gyrados
Ampharos
Pidgeot
Graveler
Ho-Oh Hitmonlee
Changes in bold. But when I get to the Kanto region, I plan on changing a few more things.

Gyrados will be out for Vaporeon. Frankly, I'm just used to its defense and its Sp. Atk. And since Surf is a good move on Vapo, I don't have to have an HM Slave to Surf.

Typhlosion might eventually be replaced with Blaziken.

Hitmonlee with maybe a Grass-type. Or some other type like Steel or Psychic. Or both.

typhlosion, noctowl, red gyarados, umbreon,tyranatar, lanturn.

but once i get to kanto: typlosion, flygon, salamence, noctowl,umbreon, tyranatar

Well, in HG I will have an in-game team composed of:

-Chikorita (will remain untrained through the playthrough as she'll get EV'd for competitive uses, but she'll still be in my party)
-Pidgeot
-Ampharos
-Red Gyarados
-Arcanine
-Furret

In SS it'll be:

-Totodile (will remain untrained through the playthrough as he'll get EV'd for competitive uses, but he'll still be in my party)
-Noctowl
-Buterfree
-Stantler
-Jumpluff
-Ninetales

With the exception of the starters, I have never trained any of these Pokemon so I'm looking forward to using some new guys

Probably-
Feraligatr
Arcanine
Skarmory
Dragonite
Espeon
Pikachu(hate Raichu)

hmm? my team? i'll list them at they're highest evolved forms.

Tysplosion
Furret
Sunflora
Foretress
Corsola
Delibird

fun stuff. i love all those guys and i dont need an HM slave with that team because i can distribute them.

SoulSilver:

• Pre-National Dex: Typhlosion, Ampharos, Jynx, Gyarados (Normal), Victreebel, Butterfree.

• National Dex: Typhlosion, Zapdos, Articuno, Gyarados (Normal), Venusaur, Gengar.
For tournaments and Bulbagarden Gym battles, Zapdos and Articuno are replaced with Electivire and Glalie, respectively.

Against Red, Gengar is replaced with Machamp due to Snorlax's entirely different movepool.

I'll have Feraligatr for sure. I also want Jumpluff and Ampharos, who were main contributors to my Colo and XD teams, respectively. I'll also import my Shiny Bibarel from Plat so it can Whirlpool.

Feraligatr/Jumpluff/Ampharos/???/???/Bibarel

This is my plan, but who knows if it'll change. :p

Meganium
Furret
Arcanine
Ampharos
Espeon
Kingdra

I'm planning on getting HeartGold for certain because of Growlithe/Arcanine. Not sure if I'll have enough money for SoulSilver, but with trading capabilities like they are nowadays, I don't really see a need to buy both games anymore. ^^

Also, when the originals were out I had Gold and my brother had Silver. It seems like Gold is 'mine' and would just be weird playing Silver, and I really REALLY would like an Arcanine in my team, as stated above.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom