• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What ingame team will you use?

I have made a vow to use only Johto pokemon, or pokemon that can at least evolve into Johto pokemon;

Cyndaquill,
Oddish,
Hoot Hoot,
Eevee,
Slowpoke

My current team plan is spoilered in my sig. I may switch out Honchkrow for Noctowl or Xatu, and probably going to switch out Arcanine for something as well, but I'm not sure what. Depends on which game I get and what the exclusives are

Typhlosion
Ampharos
Politoed
Espeon
Honchkrow
Mamoswine

Last edited:
Planded SoulSilver import team for E4.
Feraligator
Red Gyrados
Heracross
Wobuffet
Mamoswine
Tyrantair

According to what I did before hacking, my team will most likely be:

Typhlosion
Crobat
Raticate/Ho-Oh and then possibly Dragonite
Graveler or Tyranitar if I can get a Larvitar
Ampharos maybe Raichu later
Vaporeon

I was thinking
Typhlosion
Xatu
Poliwrath
Dunsparce
Crobat
Girafirig
a few pokes I've never used in there :)

I don’t have a team set in stone yet, but this is my “rough draft” team, so far.

Feraligatr

Houndoom

Tyranitar

Scizor

Espeon

Undecided with the final team member.

Heart Gold

Swampert (To be honest i really don't like Johto's Starters)

Ariados

Arcanine

Jumpluff

Mismagius

Sudowoodo

Soul Silver

Charizard (I really don't understand the Typhlosion love)

Golem

Crobat

Quagsire

Yanmega

Alakazam

I'll use the same in-game team I beat Fire Red, Gold, and Blue with:
Jolteon
Sandslash (trade)
First Starter
Dragonite
Starmie
Alakazam? The sixth slot's always been a little iffy, but I usually end up finishing the game with Alakazam in it.

I plan on using:
Typhlosion
Swampert (will be traded) or Quagsire
Skarmory (will be traded for a certain egg move)
Ampharos
Furret or Bibarel (bibarel - traded, either way it will be used for HM slave)

Last slot I don't know yet.

In my JP SS I'm currently using:

Maganium, Pidjeot, Rapidash, Flaaffy (Will be evolved into Ampharos), Polywhirl, and Lugia.

I like to toss in Snorlax for fun sometimes too. xD

Probably will use a similar set-up for my US HG team, but not sure yet, I like to pick my team as I go along and depending on what I've caught.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom