• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is a Pokemon that you used to like a lot but that you no longer care about that much?

RTLfan

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. He/Him
Espeon and Floatzel used to be among my favourite of all time but not anymore. They're still somewhere in my top 30 but towards the middle or bottom of it. Espeon isn't even my favourite Eeveelution anymore.

Ampharos, Hitmontop, Flygon, Heracross, Gardevoir, Gallade, Poliwrath, Breloom, Scrafty, Lanturn, Rampardos, Hitmonlee, Celebi, Meloetta, and Genesect.

It's worth nothing that there was a time in my youth where Celebi specifically used to be my favorite Pokemon.

None have really fallen from grace for me, it's just become a really crowded field of cool designs as my tastes have changed. I suppose I now merely like Lickitung, as opposed to back when my younger self used to breed them on Gold to see what the results were (probably owed a lot to the fact that Lickitung was my first non-Gyarados shiny encounter).

Charizard. Like any 10-year old back in the day, I wanted to raise a fire-breathing dragon (and it was also around that time that my... I guess you could say dragon "fetish" started to appear). Nowadays, with all the Kanto shilling since Gen 6 and shoving Charizard down our throats continuously has made it lose its appeal. I don't hate it, mind, as it's more neutral to me now, but I would rather it take a backseat for a while and let newer Mons take the spotlight instead of stealing it all the time. Plus, for god's sake, it didn't need TWO Megas. Just the X Mega would've been enough, since it would've given everyone the Dragon-type Zard that the fanbase has been wanting for years, but like Mewtwo it had to get a double dose of Mega treatment. NO Mon should be allowed to have that, no matter how popular it is. But, in any case, Charizard was once in my Top 10, now it's not even in my Top 50.

Stantler. I used to rock one on my team back in Gen II that I adored, it was the only Pokémon I ever gave a nickname- the incredibly creative "Stanley". But now I forget that it's even a Pokémon.

*Friendship ended with Stantler. Now Deerling is my best friend.*

Any idea why that is?

While I don't hate Charizard, Lucario, or the Eeveelutions, their overexposure have diminished my like of them. Lucario, for example, was once in my top five favorite Fighting types, but now it has been displaced.

Edit: Gardevoir as well.

Last edited:
Pikachu, Charizard, Gardevoir, and Scizor to name a few. I used to really like Pikachu when I was younger, but as I got older I started to find it annoying and Ash's Pikachu has always rubbed me the wrong way for a while as well. While I wasn't a big fan of them before, I was neutral on Charizard and Gardevoir for a while until they became annoyingly huge in fanon (and in the former's case in the games and other appearances as well). As for Scizor I just started liking Scyther way more and found it cooler.

I used to really like a lot of Gen I Pokemon and use them a lot, like the starters and Growlithe/Arcanine. However, with Gen I being crammed down our faces over the last couple of generations, my attachment to some Gen I Pokemon has sadly faded and turned into annoyance. I still love Cubone, and my opinion of Vulpix has actually gotten better, but a lot of the others not so much.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom