• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is Eevee?

What kind of animal is Eevee?

• Cat

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Dog

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Fox

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
It's...

Cute af.

tenor.gif

It's... something. I'm not sure what that something is, though.
The only way I can really describe it is that it's a Pokemon of ambiguous origin.

A cat? A dog? A fox? Something else entirely?

Bulbapedia states:
Eevee shares traits with various mammals, specifically the fennec fox, dogs, and cats. It could also be based on the Gulon, a mythical, dog-sized Scandinavian creature with a coat of brown fur; a catlike head, ears, and claws; and a fox-like tail.

Personally, I have always leaned toward fox. Other opinions? If you choose 'Other,' please state in a post what that 'Other' would be. Thanks.

Cat Dog Fox mix think it’s confirmed they just wanted to MAXIMISE the kawaii/cute factor for marketing.

EEVEE IS A PALINDROME

nice one lol :wynaut:

It's a mixture of a Cat and a Rabbit (Also known as a cabbit) IMO, and I highly doubt Eevee's a dog. While some of the eeveelutions take inspiration from foxes, such as Jolteon, Eevee has a few rabbit-like features, such as it's ears and short fluffy tail, whilst having a small catlike toungue. Also, the person who designed Eevee based it off of one of his friend's cats.

I'd say it's primarily a fox and a rabbit. It has a fox-like tail, but bunny like-ears and sorta bunny-like body. I can get how some people might see it as canine, however, I don't think it looks feline as it doesn't have any cat-like traits in my opinion, actually, after a bit of closer inspection, it' face looks a little cat-like due to its flatness, but I think that's the only cat trait Eevee has.

Edited

A miserable little pile of secrets!
Ups, wrong game...Well, Eevee is the the successful achievement of a process whose failures created Ditto. Eevee was obviously meant to attract people with their cuteness and in doing so, getting to different places, mutate and dominate the Pkmn world.

So, it turns out that this question was answered in an interview in 2018.

Tldr; Eevee isn't meant to be any specific animal. Here's some quotes from Fujiwara Motofumi, one of Eevee's creators:

Mr. Fujiwara said:
Since Eevee has very different evolutions, we thought it might be a good idea to make Eevee a Pokemon without a type, as well as a Pokemon that can’t be identified as any specific animal based on its appearance. We decided it was best to create a ‘blank slate’ Pokemon.
Mr. Fujiwara said:
It had ears, a tail, and white fur around its neck. We imagined something that’s not a fox, a dog, or even a cat. Something cute with four legs, but not really anything in particular.

I recommend reading the whole interview, there's lots of interesting stuff.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom