• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is it like...to feel.loved?..

Yu Narukami

Seeker Of Truth
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of pondering lately. Despite how "great" my lifes been,me finally getting out of high school and all..sometimes I feel..a bit hollow,like im just putting on a smile to hide my troubles.

What's it like to feel loved? I don't mean what does it feel like to be in love with someone - that I know. I'm asking for what makes you feel loved by someone else?I was asked recently about what made me feel loved in the past, and... I couldn't come up with anything.*Maybe I've never been loved; maybe I just never FELT like I was loved. That notion sort of..lingered after a while. The many people who have said those words to me have either,left me behind,or have been chased away due to my own faults; making me feel like it's just something meaningless that people say, or that the people who have said it and didn't mean it. But there must be something to it, because people with love in their lives seem to have a confidence..and feeling of security that comes from knowing that they're loved - something I can honestly say I haven't had for..a very long time.

Being loved, from my point of view, is truly an amazing thing. Everything becomes instantly better, like you've just had a weight lifted off your shoulders. Things like fear and anxiety can be utterly eradicated by one amazing person, leaving you with a sense that everything is perfect in the world and nothing can hurt you. When somebody loves you, they look past the faults you linger on yourself and see the real you, a person that maybe even you didn't realise existed. It leaves you with such a sense of security that I can honestly say you get the feeling that maybe nothing can ever hurt you again.

Even just somebody who loves you saying "I love you" can give you such a rush that you almost just wanna scream with joy. And yes, I'm speaking from experience. I see love as an amazing thing, a faultless thing, that it honestly makes me truly angered that anyone could ever say love is a disease or something that doesn't exist, 'cuz oh God, it does.

It can also have a sense of cleaning, if that makes any sense? I despised myself completely and utterly not more than a few months ago, but since I found the love of my life, he's almost helping me to see that maybe I'm not all that bad. I mean, while love is a two way thing, it can also have a kind of rebound effect, where that person's love for you can help you love yourself, too.

I also just wanna say, don't give up hope yet. Love comes to everyone eventually, and the moment you say "I give up, no one wants me", is the moment you lose the chance to have the most perfect thing on this planet, a lover. I promise you that if you wait as long as you can, eventually, you're gonna stumble across the most amazing thing out there. c:

Being loved, from my point of view, is truly an amazing thing. Everything becomes instantly better, like you've just had a weight lifted off your shoulders. Things like fear and anxiety can be utterly eradicated by one amazing person, leaving you with a sense that everything is perfect in the world and nothing can hurt you. When somebody loves you, they look past the faults you linger on yourself and see the real you, a person that maybe even you didn't realise existed. It leaves you with such a sense of security that I can honestly say you get the feeling that maybe nothing can ever hurt you again.

Even just somebody who loves you saying "I love you" can give you such a rush that you almost just wanna scream with joy. And yes, I'm speaking from experience. I see love as an amazing thing, a faultless thing, that it honestly makes me truly angered that anyone could ever say love is a disease or something that doesn't exist, 'cuz oh God, it does.

It can also have a sense of cleaning, if that makes any sense? I despised myself completely and utterly not more than a few months ago, but since I found the love of my life, he's almost helping me to see that maybe I'm not all that bad. I mean, while love is a two way thing, it can also have a kind of rebound effect, where that person's love for you can help you love yourself, too.

I also just wanna say, don't give up hope yet. Love comes to everyone eventually, and the moment you say "I give up, no one wants me", is the moment you lose the chance to have the most perfect thing on this planet, a lover. I promise you that if you wait as long as you can, eventually, you're gonna stumble across the most amazing thing out there. c:

You forgot the part where it dissolves into nothing and leaves you to deal with it by yourself.

What I mean, Minato, is that everything Moll has said here is true. I've experienced it. I've also lost it. It's the most horrible loss I've ever gone through. I'm still not over it. It makes me have suicidal thoughts every single day. To me, it's not worth it, but if you want to take the risk and you're a normal person who's able to get over losing that feeling, then go for it. I wouldn't recommend it. I regret ever doing so myself.

I think people are mistaken sometimes, as they think only couples can love. They don't realize that their families and friends love them too. So this whole, "I'll never love someone cause it's stupid," is silly because you love your parents, your siblings, your friends. There's more to love than just romance. That being said, if you have friends and family who care about you, then you know what it's like to feel loved.

Back
Top Bottom