• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is on your "Holiday Wish List"?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
As for me, I've thought for a while about what to ask for, and about a day ago I got 2 good ideas.
Either asking for a Wii U gamepad (so I can hack our family's Wii U, our gamepad is broken), or for a Taiko drum for the Taiko no Tatsujin rhythm game.
I've left it up for my parents to decide--I don't really have a preference if I get one, the other, or neither of them (lol).
I'm pretty fortunate to have a family that is able to do Christmas, so I'm grateful for the sacrifices my family puts up for us all. I try not to ask for too much for that reason...

Well, I'm not really asking for much, for a similar reason to takoyaki, but the things im asking for are sort of expensive... and I feel guilty whenever I get something like this
Akai mpk mini MIDI keyboard
Yeezy boost 350 oat colorway
Nike Strawberry Milk Dunks
and finally, some new hoodies, not much but the two shoes alone would be around $340ish so yeah...

i have some fake knockoff yeezys, i'm not much of a sneakerhead but if you're willing to get some for pretty cheap with it being not legit, fake ones work lmao. i wear these ones to school sometimes.
Those are one of the few ones that arent ugly lol, and yeah I've been thinking of fake ones but idk if I would trust the seller...

chinese sellers seem to take long to ship, but the ones my dad and i have gotten have been ok-to-good quality i think.
yeah sometimes yeezys are ugly, i dunno what the deal with some people's fashion tastes are.

also holy shark man, i thought you were a different person with the stealth username change lmaooo
Ok, I might have to look into that lol. I love the oat colorway for the 350s but my mom called them "special needs shoes" lol I also like the ones you have and the foam runner moon greys look decent.
Yes I almost forgot I changed my username lol (also holy shark is a great phrase)

lmfaooooo special needs shoes that killed me

the moon grays aren't my style but they look hella comfy. (did i tell you that my cousin owns legit yeezy slides!?)
i wear my yeezys to church because they're the closest i have to "nice shoes".
even if i don't want to be at church i still gotta show up with nice shoes ig

i also like holy squid
My friend has the moon greys and they are so goddarn comfortbale, we did a shoe swap one day and I didnt want to give them back to her lol. Also that's cool, yeezy slides are nice. And yeah if I end up getting legit/fake yeezys they'll be my nicest shoe probably and I'll where them to special occasions and stuff.

Being an adult is boring, I mostly just asked for clothes I've been eyeing and a new stand with storage for my record player and vinyl collection. Will probably beg for some money for a new tattoo from my sister and I'd really like a Beanie Baby from my boyfriend but shh, no one tell him, I want him to think of it himself.

i don't think i even have anything materialistic in mind. i just want to have a good christmas season, whatever that may mean. this year has been pretty rough for me (understatement), so i'd like for there to be some good news at the end of the year, if any.

When you're employed full time, have no kids and few bills to worry about, you tend to buy on a whim, rather than having any need to save up.

Which makes Christmas that much harder.

I've got like £150 to spend on whatever I want, get it delivered and wrapped up.

So far;

CDs
Fela Kuti - Ikoyi Blindness/Kalakuta Show, Fela With Ginger Baker Live! & Alagbon Close / Why Black Man Dey Suffer
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bayou Country
Massive Attack - Blue Lines

Grey DC snapback cap
toothbrush heads for my electric toothbrush

What I'll probably get;

More CDs.
Socks, Tshirts, iPad case...

I'm pretty stuck for ideas, really

I would be happiest with money for clothes/jewelry/shoes. Also maybe some iTunes credit. I haven't had any money to buy iTunes songs this year. ='(

have you thought about a music streaming service? or just downloading them (if you're comfortable doing so)
I have used Spotify Free to listen to new songs for a while now, but it's not my preferred method. I want to own my songs. I don't want to have to subscribe to them, or in the case of Spotify Free listen to tons of ads in between.

Well, I'm not really asking for much, for a similar reason to takoyaki, but the things im asking for are sort of expensive... and I feel guilty whenever I get something like this
Akai mpk mini MIDI keyboard
Yeezy boost 350 oat colorway
Nike Strawberry Milk Dunks
and finally, some new hoodies, not much but the two shoes alone would be around $340ish so yeah...
Some other things I've been wanting
Tyler The Creator and Kendrick lamar merch, I am in desperate need of a CMIYGL shirt and a TPAB hoodie...
A wetsuit for surfing/swimming
And a Tyler Lockett or Saquon barkley jersey

I'm asking for the same thing I ask for every year- books, books, and more books. Most years I don't ask for any specific titles, but my mom had me set up an Amazon wishlist this year so she'd have an easier time picking for me (my parents are usually the only people who actually end up getting me books, and I'm pretty sure my mom's usually the one in charge of picking them out). I don't remember exactly what all is on the list, and honestly I don't entirely care if I get all or any of the titles on it- I have pretty broad tastes, and I trust my parents know what's outside them, so I'll probably be happy whatever books they get me.

that's amazing!! i love to read too, but i usually just very legally download ebooks and send them to my phone.
i like to read nonfiction, cookbooks, and manga!
I'm not very big on anything nonfiction mostly. I read a lot of fantasy stuff, scifi, dystopian- pretty much anything speculative fiction/with speculative fiction elements and preferably a fair amount of action tends to be my story of choice (except horror). I do also read a fair bit of calmer contemporary fiction, but it's not usually my first choice and I'm a tad more picky about what I pick up in that genre.
I've been wanting to get into some manga at some point, but honestly I have no idea where to start...

Not much at all honestly, I have most of what I want. But I would like that giant Flareon plush at one of the Japanese goods stores near here, and really really need a sun hat that doesn't flop in my face all the time + has string to hold it from getting blown away. I bring my sun hat everywhere for sun protection but god am I tired of holding it down so the wind doesn't get it and it doesn't slap the sides of my face. :'D

...maybe start on the pokemon adventures manga?
one that i've loved recently is sasaki and miyano, it's a BL comic so you may not be into it, but it's really cute.
Yotsuba& is a nice slice-of-life one that i sometimes read in japanese.
Thanks for the recommendations! I've been planning to read Pokémon Adventures for a while now, I keep telling myself I'll get to it soon and then not getting to it soon. Do you mind linking summaries for the other two? I often have a bit of trouble getting into romance-focused stories if there's not another major plot to get me invested in the characters (and sometimes can't even then), but if the summary for Sasaki and Miyano catches my interest I'll give it a shot. I'd like to have the summary for Yotsuba& so I know what it's about, but I'll probably be keeping it on my radar for when I'm in the mood for something calmer.

I’d like to get my own switch now, with a copy of smash bros and a few other games. It’s been something I’ve wanted for a while, I used to have a wiiu/3ds but moved to ps4 last year. I’ve played on other people’s so much lol. I also want a better phone, right now I’m using an iphone 6s which still works but is fairly outdated. Not sure what I’d want to upgrade to though.

A bicycle would also be nice I guess, since we sold my old one when we moved last year. It’s a shame because I only had it for a short time but it helped me get out the house and was a fun hobby.

Back
Top Bottom