• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the earliest memory you have?

Hm. Tough question. To make the choice simpler, how about I say the earliest memory that I can firsthand paint a full picture of?

I must've been 8 or 9 My family was at a fast food pizza location, located within a mall. As we were going through the line, I found a $20 dollar bill on the floor. I picked it up and I asked someone about who the money belonged to. I forget who answered, but I think I was told something to the effect that the bill was mine now since it would be difficult to find whoever dropped it. This was my first experience ever handling my own money. (If only I could tell you what I spent it on.)

It's either:
- Being four years old in 2000 and seeing Thomas and the Magic Railroad in theatres with my mom and dad. I remember being utterly terrified of the main villain of the film, Diesel 10, and telling my dad that 'I have to go to the bathroom' during a lot of his scenes, just so I didn't have to see him cause he scared me that much. Didn't actually see the whole film properly until I got it on video as a Christmas present that year.

or

- Being four years old and getting a Nintendo 64 and a copy of Super Mario 64 as either a birthday or Christmas present. I remember getting it, my dad hooking it up to the living room TV for me (and then him figuring out how to change the input on the TV), turning it on, and playing the game (AKA running around outside the castle cuz I was four years old)

But I'm not 100% sure which memory came first cuz of the whole 'don't remember if the N64 was a birthday or Christmas present' thing. If it was a birthday present, then that's my earliest memory cuz I was born in June and Thomas and the Magic Railroad premiered in July (actually it premiered a month and a day after my fourth birthday), but if it was a Christmas present, then the whole 'seeing TATMR in theatres' memory is my earliest memory.

Watching my dad play the original Super Mario Bros. on ye olde NES when I think I was about four-ish. One he was done with his run for the night, he offered me the controls and said "Okay, sweetie--it's your turn."

I did NOT want to put the controls down when bedtime came around--and that was what ignited my love of gaming.

that's a tough one imo, but one of them has had to be playing rented wii games I begged my parents to get when I was 5 or 6. good times, good times.

Back
Top Bottom