• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the last thing you learned that is Pokémon related?

VaatiRulesets

Probably making new self-imposed rulesets..
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Maybe you just found out about the side games Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, maybe it was the whole nuzlocke community, or maybe it was a simple thing like the existence of the exclusive Gen 4 spiky-eared Pichu.

Here is the space to share the last thing that you've learned about Pokémon!

Personally, the last thing that I've learned is about the existence of a weird official manga called Pokémon ReBurst. I never could've imagined that Pokémon fusions with humans are somewhat "canon". (at least in another Pokémon universe)

I learned that the face pattern on Spinarak's back actually changes expression during some animations in Scarlet and Violet. Which is a little freaky.

While these aren't the last things, the mention of Pokémon ReBurst also reminded me of two "this was official????" things I learned recently:

1. The existence of Pokémon Duel, a defunct mobile game whose story was a little bonkers and had next to nothing to do with Pokémon. Somehow, for some reason, it also had (CW: self-harm, self-loathing) the most explicit reference to suicidal intent you could have without using the word "suicide". Quote: "That's right [...] That's why I'm going to rid the world of my existence. The world has no place for such tragedy." I don't think I'll ever not be shocked that made it into an E-rated game.
2. One of the opponents in Pokémon TCG 2 on the Game Boy Color was a plague doctor ghost named Masquerade.

I learned that the face pattern on Spinarak's back actually changes expression during some animations in Scarlet and Violet. Which is a little freaky.

While these aren't the last things, the mention of Pokémon ReBurst also reminded me of two "this was official????" things I learned recently:

1. The existence of Pokémon Duel, a defunct mobile game whose story was a little bonkers and had next to nothing to do with Pokémon. Somehow, for some reason, it also had (CW: self-harm, self-loathing) the most explicit reference to suicidal intent you could have without using the word "suicide". Quote: "That's right [...] That's why I'm going to rid the world of my existence. The world has no place for such tragedy." I don't think I'll ever not be shocked that made it into an E-rated game.
2. One of the opponents in Pokémon TCG 2 on the Game Boy Color was a plague doctor ghost named Masquerade.
They also have a clown and a magician

Recently learned that older Fossil Pokemon (Gens 5 and below) can be obtained in Shopballs in Gen's 5 and 6 onwards rather than the regular Pokeball they usually come from when revived. This was due to the Dream World letting you use any Pokeball, not just Dream Balls. They can be bred in that ball too, so I'm trying to actually get my hands on some of them.

The fact that Gligar/Gliscor now get Crabhammer naturally, although they have been able to learn a damaging Water-type move in Aqua Tail since Generation IV.

New thing I just learned^^

One of the hardest Pokemon to capture is actually Kecleon! Not the ones on the main series games but the ones in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Here's one I just discovered a couple minutes ago:

Suicune may have game mascot treatment, but it's actually Entei who has the most TCG appearances of the Legendary Beasts. As of this writing, Entei has had 29 cards compared to Suicune's 23. And Raikou isn't that far from Suicune either with 21.

The versions of episodes 2 to 37 of the original series that have been available for streaming on Hulu Japan since 2012 are the original 1997 broadcast versions of the episodes and not the post-episode 38 versions, which are edited to tone down any scenes of flashing lights in response to the episode 38 incident. This also means that episode 37 on the platform still contains the next episode preview for episode 38, despite the episode (rather obviously) not being available for streaming, this next episode preview is the only footage from Dennō Senshi Porygon to be officially rereleased since the episode's sole broadcast.

Early Castform cards in the TCG used non-standard form naming. They were printed as "Rain Castform", "Snow-cloud Castform", "Sunny Castform", "Castform Rain Form", and "Castform Snow-Cloud Form". The latest printings of these cards, in Chilling Reign, use the standard names.

(TropicalSplash! made a userpage that informed me of this, so credit goes to him!)

There are only two cards in the entirety of the United States TCG that can inflict Paralyzed every turn without the intervention of another effect. (For the purposes of this thought exercise, only one energy can be attached per turn, only one card is drawn per turn, and coin flips are assumed to come up tails at least once.) Which ones are they?
Articuno-EX from Plasma Storm and Barbaracle from Forbidden Light.
Articuno-EX's Frost Prison Paralyzes if Articuno-EX has a Plasma Energy attached, and does not discard that Plasma Energy.
Barbarcle's Seven Shock Paralyzes if you have seven cards in hand, and players can remove one Energy from their hand every turn via attaching. Even then, this requires playing a deck with 6 or fewer Basic Pokemon and very few evolutions, as Pokemon cards are prone to being unable to be played and could prevent you from removing the 8th card from your hand.

Back
Top Bottom