• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitches)?

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

Bad memorys

My first shiny was a purple quagsire in safari zone
You can guess what happened next...
Haven't found one since...

FUUUUUUUU

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

When you don't have repels and you run into 123409873425 cave Pokemon when trying to get to the next route/town. x_x

Opponent using protect, getting paralysed and confused.

That girl on the bridge on Route 3 in Unova in BW. She almost always gets in my way. It was such a relief when she was removed in the sequels.

Going to make an awesome trade on GTS and "Communication Error. Please turn off the power." Or worse: "Unfortunately it was already traded to another Trainer. "

When my opponent gets crits and added effects while I get none of those >-<

Missing a pokemon for more than five times in a row during a battle, due to minimize. Ugh.. Horrible!!! -.-'

1- HMs. Seriously, they annoy the f*** out of me. They are mostly useless and they force me to waste a precious move slot. * I'm looking at you flash <<*
2-Being in a cave without an escape rope. Happened once with me in pearl and bam from that time on, I always make sure to have 5+ escape ropes.
3-Being short on repels. Jesus Christ! Repel is the the best item in poekmon history..nuff said
4-When I'm leveling up my pokemon so I could evolve it and I have to endlessly engage said pokemon with endless trainers for exp and then when I finally think that this battle will give me the required points, the exp bar doesn't go to the other level ><
5-Gym leaders, E4 and champion being so easy. Come on! Can't they make them stronger?

There were these Pelippers in Ruby and Sapphire between the levels of like 25-35 (?) that knew no attacking moves. But they had something along the lines of Supersonic/Protect/Stockpile/Swallow and it was absolutely frustrating trying to kill them or even be able to attack!

Also, the Watchogs in B/W knew Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, and Super Fang and were (I assume) intended to be the "new" Pelipper.

Battling Alder in Pokemon Black and missing Hammer Arm on Bouffalant 3 TIMES IN A ROW then having to restart the game because he took you out with 2 Earthquakes.

-Useless HMs: They take up a moveslot and are weak and worthless in battle (I'm lookin' at you Cut and Flash!)
-Caves: The encounter rate is alarming! I can't go half a step without running into a Zubat, Geodude, or even Woobat! Repels are a Trainer's best friend in caves.
-Finding Shiny Pokemon in Safari Zones: One slip up, and it's gone.
-Self-destructing Pokemon: Explosion and Self-Destruct are evil to me! Not only do they, more often than not, knock out my Pokemon, but I might end up missing a chance to catch it. I've lost three shinies because of said moves: a Graveler, an Electrode, and a Pineco that way. Not cool.
-Confusion + Infatuation = one major headache. Seriously, that happened to me once, and I was utterly stuck. If my Pokemon didn't hurt itself first, I was too infatuated to attack.
-Battle Frontier Pokemon: They have to be hacked, as I am utterly defenseless against them, no matter how much I prepare. They are the only in-game Trainers that can pummel me into the dirt with ridiculous ease (not saying I'm a spectacular Trainer, but I never lose otherwise, except in some PvP matches, but you get it).
-The opponent scoring Critical Hits with ease while I struggle to get even one in, that even extends to wild Pokemon (in my B2, my Lv 10 Riolu got beaten by a Lv 3 Sewaddle with one Tackle due to a critical hit!)

You're inside of a cave (you can apply any form of shelter, really), and you're not encountering any Pokémon. However, when you get to the end of the cave, you encounter one.

Being confused, infatuated, cursed, and paralyzed at the same time.

And to make matters even worse, being affected by a full-trapping move so you can't drop the first three conditions.

And to make matters even worse, being affected by a full-trapping move so you can't drop the first three conditions.

That would be pretty bad.

Even worse would be having an opponent with full evasion and have your Pokémon with the lowest possible evasion.

That would be pretty bad.

Even worse would be having an opponent with full evasion and have your Pokémon with the lowest possible evasion.

And the rotten cherry on top is all of those wrapped into one giant brussel sprout of evil. Yes, I just went there.

Seeing a dust cloud pop up in a cave and just before you stop to slather yourself with a Repel...you encounter a wild Pokemon. Bye bye, dust cloud. :bawl:

Whem you find a shiny at the beginning of the game when you don't have a poke ball yet.....

When going through a cave, you run into Pokemon every two steps. When you come back to said cave to train (like, if it's Victory Road), you almost never run into Pokemon.

Full heals. Full heals. They're everywhere... They're coming! The NPC's are going to use them! No, HELP, SOS, ABORT, FULL HEALS, FULL HEALS EVERYWHERE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (and then he died)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom