• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitches)?

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

Critical Hits in Nuzlocke runs. Feels like your Pokemon actually dies (which is kinda the point :p ).

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

When the file gets corrupted and deletes.

Fainting by poison outside of battle always made me rage, I hear they got rid of that in Black an White though.
they got rid of that in HG/SS didn't they? (the fainting part anyway)

Oh wait, can't forget about this:
Also, finding the PKMN you want, but not having a Poke-Ball.
ugh! this happened to me with Zekrom >:[ i wanted to catch it in a Premier or Luxury ball but when i went to look for one...i didn't have it >:[
so now its in an ugly great ball..

Outside of Battle: When a moving NPC steps in front of me, so I move in a direction to get around, and they step in front of me again! I don't know why, but this happens to me all the time.

that happens to me all the time with that stupid girl on that little bridge between the daycare and that artsy town >:[ she makes egg hatching annoying!

When you try to catch a rare pokemon and you waste all of your pokeballs on it.

ugh yes, and then you try to think is it worth all the balls i just wasted or should i SR again to get them back and try again? :/

Igzz, meet Cobalion. Cobalion, meet Igzz.

We actually met.Twice. :)

I caught them all in Japanese and English versions and they took me around 20 Ultra Balls per one of them and that isn't much compared to the Lake Trio.Azelf took out around 50 Ultra balls,50 Dusk balls and 30 Timer Balls before I captured it.

Zubat is the most annoying for me.

The method of obtaining type enhancing items in portable generation III games. The probability of a wild pokémon holding it is 5%. The best way to obtain them is by using Thief but in Sapphire and Emerald it is hard to obtain the spell tag because the highest rate Duskull can appear is 13% making a 0.65% chance and some of the items are from pokémon in the Safari Zones so you can't use Thief and the dragon fang can be held by Dragonair in Kanto Safari Zone which appear at a 1% probability which makes a 0.05% probability of obtaining one.

The method of obtaining type enhancing items in portable generation III games. The probability of a wild pokémon holding it is 5%. The best way to obtain them is by using Thief but in Sapphire and Emerald it is hard to obtain the spell tag because the highest rate Duskull can appear is 13% making a 0.65% chance and some of the items are from pokémon in the Safari Zones so you can't use Thief and the dragon fang can be held by Dragonair in Kanto Safari Zone which appear at a 1% probability which makes a 0.05% probability of obtaining one.

That is almost as rare as the percentage of pokemon that are shiny (for the last one) O_O

I find it's easier to give them a soothe bell and walk around with it :3

I like to do that too, but sometimes I don't have a soothe bell. Like last week when I was trying to evolve a togepi when I restarted SS. :p

The cave exits in front of me, I can taste sweet sweet air, and bam zubat fucks you with leech seed. Now go back and do it all again.

That we can't enter that door in the mansion in DPPt.

Battle Frontier hax and criticcal hits.

This is true, I swear.
Last night I was fighting Whitney
Whitney sent out Clefairy!
Hot Coffee (Quilava female) used Flame Wheel!
Clefairy used Metronome!
Clefairy used ROAR OF TIME

Also I was doing a nuzlocke challenge, I was training my togepi. Togepi used metronome! Togepi used explode. Rip Togepi 1-22

Also I was doing a nuzlocke challenge, I was training my togepi. Togepi used metronome! Togepi used explode. Rip Togepi 1-22

Ouch, that sucks. It's also exactly why I never use Metronome in nuzlocke runs.

Annoying: when you see a shaking patch and a wild pokemon jumps out at you the block before the shaking patch D:

Critical capture on a lv.2 Lillipup. What a waste of luck.

But i was later lucky enough to score critical captures on two Pokemon in a row.

You just battled a lot of the post-game trainers with high-leveled Pokemon in BW and your team is barely alive. You go in a patch of grass to get a item and encounter wild Pokemon that are just as high-leveled as the trainers'. >_>

Pokèmon that spam Protect.
NPC trainers with unlimited hyper potions and full restores.
Just about every offer on GTS. I am not giving my Mew away for your darn Patrat >:/

Having the Gen III games freeze whenever Thunder is used and getting whooped right before reaching a Frontier Brain/Subway Boss.

@Game Maker even worse is in the Battle Pike, all my pokemon got hit with toxic the room before the frontier brain

that was frustrating.

Critical capture on a lv.2 Lillipup. What a waste of luck.

But i was later lucky enough to score critical captures on two Pokemon in a row.

Those crit catches never seem to happen or work on something you really need it too. It wasn't to effective on that wild metagross I found the other day.

Finding a Shiny Pokemon at the Safari Zone, since there's no guarantee that you'll be able to capture it. At least if a Shiny appeared elsewhere, you'd be able to toss as many Poke Balls at it as you want. In the Safari Zone, you wouldn't have that luxury :[

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom