• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitches)?

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

Those crit catches never seem to happen or work on something you really need it too. It wasn't to effective on that wild metagross I found the other day.

Because those pokemon are generally harder to catch, so crit captures fail more often.

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

When a battle ends like this

You 5% health, higher speed than opponent.

Opponent 1% health, lower speed then you.

You used <ATTACK NAME>! But it missed!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

When you play the slots and the last 7 is just once space above or below where you want it to be.
Getting poisoned when you're out of antidotes and miles away from a Pokécenter
When your opponent uses Double Team ONCE and suddenly your Pokémon is blind as a Zubat.

When a battle ends like this

You 5% health, higher speed than opponent.

Opponent 1% health, lower speed then you.

You used <ATTACK NAME>! But it missed!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

This, unfortunately. x.x

Stone Miss, Fail Blast, and ForgetHitting Blast

Reaching Karate Master at the deepest deep of deepness inside the depths of Mt. Mortar. Winning. Obtain Tyr...oh, you need an empty slot in your party. Come again.

Mention to Riley and Riolu egg... although I think it's a shorter way.

Critcal hits ( Or SSSMMMMMMMAAAASSSSHHHHHHH hits!) and confusion.

Yep. Because one time, on my Pokemon Black, I was facing off trainers in the Battle Subway.....and lost to a SANDILE because of f&$&ing SWAGGER. ALL OF MY POKEMON FAINTED.....BECAUSE OF CONFUSION.

In Gen I, I was about to catch Mewtwo with my Masterball I saved for the very last.

and this screen appears

YOUR PC BOX IS FULL!

I get really annoyed when pokemon lower your attack to nothing making the battle last way longer then it should or if it ends up making me lose....

Ow yea critical hits they always help me when I want them to like that time a crit killed a shiny staravia that was almost mine :(

Attract + Confusion + Paralyze/Sleep/Freeze. Slfiasfoewfjkefsndvfksweufjeswopfijsdovnv.

You're in Chargestone Cave and have a full team, all of them higher levels than the wild Pokémon in there, and you have a bunch of each kind of Repel. You've caught all of the common Pokémon there and just have three that aren't registered as caught, and one of them, Boldore, you will have once you evolve your Roggenrola. All you need are Nosepass and Tynamo. You keep going through, but the Boldore that's a rarer encounter than Nosepass shows up more times than said Nosepass (all Boldore encounters are counted as Nosepass doesn't show up at all), and you can't even find that little floating electric fish thing. As you're about to leave, you finally find the Tynamo you're looking for as you've decided to grab a level 30 Pokémon from your box, go down to the bottom floor of the cave, and Repel trick your way to the two you need, and then you decided to try and look for your Nosepass, but it still doesn't show up. And when you do attempt the Repel trick, you forget to put your level 30 Axew at the front of your team with the level 55+ Emboar preventing all wild encounters.

That feeling.

When you K.O. the only shiny you've ever encountered....

Or, when you run out of Pokeballs while trying to catch a Metang...

Or, when you've already used your Master Ball on Cresselia, and are trying to catch Kyurem, and when you run out of every other kind of Pokeball, the plain Pokeball works.

That one Pokemon in the Battle Subway or Tower that holds a quick claw and uses OHKO moves. Quick Claw activates. OHKO move hits. And this happens 3 times in a row.

Outside of battles: When you want to travel somewhere just to get a rare item or Pokemon and you keep running into trainers who you haven't battled yet or wild pokemon.

A Wild Zubat Appeared...
You can't escape....

When you let someone go on your DS and they use an item that you've only got one of and you really need for later.

My little brother's friend did that with my Master Ball. To say I was pissed off was a bloody understatement.

One little thing that annoys me is when my Pokemon faints the same turn the opponent's Pokemon's faints too. I don't get the EXP!
Sample situation:
My Volcarona inflicted burn to the opponent. Opponent defeats my Volcarona. Opponent gets damage from burn then faints.
NO EXP!

When you're at the battle tower and with a sense of sickening dread you realize your pokemon (plural or singular) that can touch Shedinja are already gone... You have to watch while it ruins your streak while your attacks do nothing and its do - slightly more than nothing. Rage. Absolute rage. On a side note DS's stand up surprisingly well to being hurled across rooms!

Protect. Detect. Sand Attack. Double Team. Minimize.

Screw you, Lt. Surge's Double Team-spamming Electrode.

That godforsaken skarmory that occasionally shows up in the battle factory. Toxic, double team, fly, and roost? With leftovers recovery?!? How are you supposed to win against that?!?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom