• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitches)?

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

I have two

- Attacking yourself 2-3 times in a row in your confusion

- The foe got a Critical hit and managed to KO your 'Mon just when you were sure you had it won.
(I blacked out once from that in the last wild 'Mon before Viridian. I was so upset I started over.)

Re: What is the most annoying thing that can happen in pokemon games(Excluding glitch

Oh wait, can't forget about this:

*Wild PKMN is at low health*
*Throws last Poke-Ball*
"_____ used an Ultra Ball!"
*Shake*
*Shake*
*Shake*
POOF! "Shoot, it was so close too!"
Me: DAMN IT YOU!

Also, finding the PKMN you want, but not having a Poke-Ball.

Also, finding a shiny, and killing it on accident. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'd hate to see someone else have a shiny Floatzel die for no reason.

Travelling through caves. You can't walk two steps without being attacked.

Good god this. Caves are the worst part of the series, bar none. And that includes grinding and HMs.

Burns and paralysis.

Especially since my teams rely on physical attacks burns suck :p

When your pokémon is infatuated and unable to attack for 5 turns straight.
Oh, and when you're training a pokémon and suddenly it faints due to a critical hit.

Pretty much everything that has been said here. Oh, and finding a wild Pokémon when you're one step away from the shaking grass patch.

Realizing that none of your Pokémon can learn Cut and there's an item at the other side of the tree. For more annoyance it should be as long into the wilderness as possible and you have to pass through tons of grass/cave/water to get back there.

Also when you learn that you can't get the Tyrogue in Mt.Mortar because you have 6 with you already. It takes forever to get back.

Losing to Pokemon in the BF that you would never lose to anywhere else. I swear, the Pokemon in there are hacked.

These. Oh, and C-hits can go lick the dirt off my feet and get beguiled into believing infecting their own feet with athlete's foot before sucking all the pus out day after day will double their IQs.

Outside of Battle: When a moving NPC steps in front of me, so I move in a direction to get around, and they step in front of me again! I don't know why, but this happens to me all the time.

When I'm trying to get to a special spot (ie. shaking grass, ripple, dust cloud) and I run into a wild pokemon right before I get to it.

Prior to B/W, their weren't really any of those Doctors or Nurses floating around, so I hated when I had to battle a lot, and trying to conserve what potions and etc. I had, I would keep running back to the Pokemon Center.

In Battle:The opponent always seems to hit the rare things such as confusion, critical hits and such. Mine don't.

To go with that, my pokemon act like stupid killing themselves and missing all the time. Theirs don't.

My multiple hits attacks always hit 2x, theirs 3-5x.

When luck is against me and I can't find the pokemon or items I need from dust clouds.

SRing for the stats or nature you'd welcome like a warp panel that brings in half the funding the US government pours to the Defense department, and always getting Pokemon with 3 to 17 IVs in the stats that are kind of the ones that matter the most in half the battles you fight. What's worse is that breeding with perfect Pokemon and another with over 300 stats in speed is what brought the crap IV.

Yeah, safe to say I've been forsaken by the very game I bled dozens of bucks to nab off Ebay.

When luck is against me and I can't find the pokemon or items I need from dust clouds.

Only Drilbur and Excadrill are the Pokemon in the dust clouds, so it's when they attack you instead of finding items. I wish Diglett could be found in these dust clouds

Only Drilbur and Excadrill are the Pokemon in the dust clouds, so it's when they attack you instead of finding items. I wish Diglett could be found in these dust clouds

I meant luck being against me finding other pokemon like me trying to find Axew only to run into a dozen woobat and boldore. The dust cloud thing was meant to be a separate entry.

IV Breeding, when every IV is 31, EXCEPT the one you want the most, which will be 0.

Those Pokemon that just won't stay inside their balls. I was fighting a wild Braviary a while back and I had burned it. I brought its HP down to red and thought that now there shouldn't be any problem catching it. But it still breaks out, the burn takes off what little HP it had left. :/

Two words: Critical. Hits.
Lost two Goletts to that slag. I was not a happy Trainer. :mad:

Audino spamming with Attract and Lilligant spamming with Teeter Dance and Quiver Dance. I have actually threatened to burn Lilligant for that scrap and I would. And roast marshmallows over her.

A Route full of Trainers when you're low on health. Running into a random whatever before you get to the shaking grass or the dust cloud. But the biggest one?

Roaming Legendaries. Latios has scarred me for life. x.x

Being deep in a cave, and finding out you need an HM to progress that you don't have in your party, and having no escape rope. You're either forced to get rid of one of your main team's moves, or run all the way back to the start of the cave and back to the Pokemon Center, and slave that HM onto a Pokemon, which requires tedious loading/withdrawing times from the PC Box. Then you go back to that part of the cave where you left off, and you go through that JUST to move a tiny pebble.

Your in a cave one step away from the exit/stairs and a wild pokemoon appears.

Being deep in a cave, and finding out you need an HM to progress that you don't have in your party, and having no escape rope. You're either forced to get rid of one of your main team's moves, or run all the way back to the start of the cave and back to the Pokemon Center, and slave that HM onto a Pokemon, which requires tedious loading/withdrawing times from the PC Box. Then you go back to that part of the cave where you left off, and you go through that JUST to move a tiny pebble.

That annoys me too. But most of the time I just ignore it and move on and maybe come back later with a HM slave.

Caves seem to be annoying me recently:

When I want to get through them, I'm bombarded with pokemon.
When I want to find pokemon, I hardly get any encounters.

Annoying as hell for me, too. At least if that happens at a Victory Road you can get the hell out within 20 seconds and Fly back in most games.

I'm surprised nobody has said forgetting to check the battery and then it shutting off right after something important or rare happens. like catching a shiny or beating a gym that you've been trying to beat for a while.

I once lost a Latios to that, so I got so pissed I decided I wasn't playing nice and Palparked like 4 cloned Masterballs. :p

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom