• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the most hated thing in Pokémon that you love? Why?

I love how USUM are alternate realities rather than sequels. This fully expressed Gen 7's entire theme of expanding on multiverses! The whole reason only Gen 5 had sequels within their gen anyway was because Gamefreak felt a unified version would break the theme of Unova. Alola was  meant to be played in alternate realities of the same game. That was their theme the entire time.

I also think that despite its differences from Sun and Moon, USUM did a better job with its plot and story overall than B2W2 and Johto, the sequels. To me USUM gave its legendary box art and antagonist the deepest backstory of any in the series. These games had fantastic buildup for a Pokémon game and this created a climax intense enough to create a new precedent for the series. To me these are some of the most overlooked games in the series right now.

Also with the league established and a Kantonian Gym added to the game I think if there were a sequel, all the trials would be replaced by gyms. This would have been extremely upsetting as it pretty much tears apart Alola's significance; Alola's uniqueness.
They didn't have to use the Vermillion Gym though. They could have used a Johto gym, because Malie city IS BASED OF OF JOHTO CULTURE! But because of Gen 1 is best one, they used the one gym no one liked!

The anime version of Iris. So what if she was condescending towards Ash; he's rather immature. And I really like her hair, outfit, and the fact that she's a nature lover. I do agree that her storyline was very poorly written though.
But he's ten. That's like calling a teenager a delinquent.

And children shouldn't be told off??
Let me rephrase that. She often gives him crap when it's not needed. I think her berating Ash is overexaggerated. She calls him a kid, when she (an aspiring Dragon Master) has a baby Axew, an Excadrill that wouldn't listen, and a Dragonite that took until her fight with Drayden to listen to her. Ash is a veteran trainer, she has very little to no right, calling him a kid.

Let me rephrase that. She often gives him crap when it's not needed. I think her berating Ash is overexaggerated. She calls him a kid, when she (an aspiring Dragon Master) has a baby Axew, an Excadrill that wouldn't listen, and a Dragonite that took until her fight with Drayden to listen to her. Ash is a veteran trainer, she has very little to no right, calling him a kid.

Ok but this is about hiw behaviour not about their skills as Pokemon trainers.

Another thing that it seems a lot of people dislike, but I'm actually pretty fond of — very, very slow Pokémon. Even without Trick Room! While having a high Speed stat can obviously make or break a match, I just think there's something really endearing (or even intimidating, if you play your cards right) about the bulky defensive ones that almost never get to move first. I'll take them over the speedy glass cannons any day.

On that note... I've actually really begun to like Aromatisse. Apparently it's one of the most unpopular Pokémon, but lately I've started to think it's very cute. (I think a lot of peeps aren't a fan of Conkeldurr either, another slow Pokémon — I can understand why but I always thought it swinging around those pillars of stone looked pretty cool!)

Another thing that it seems a lot of people dislike, but I'm actually pretty fond of — very, very slow Pokémon. Even without Trick Room! While having a high Speed stat can obviously make or break a match, I just think there's something really endearing (or even intimidating, if you play your cards right) about the bulky defensive ones that almost never get to move first. I'll take them over the speedy glass cannons any day.
i design a fair amount of speedy hyper-offensive teams and i actually agree with this. shuckle my beloved <33
On that note... I've actually really begun to like Aromatisse. Apparently it's one of the most unpopular Pokémon, but lately I've started to think it's very cute. (I think a lot of peeps aren't a fan of Conkeldurr either, another slow Pokémon — I can understand why but I always thought it swinging around those pillars of stone looked pretty cool!)
i've never really had any strong thoughts on aromatisse, i guess it is kinda cute when you mention it!
gonna have to disagree on conkeldurr though that thing is butt-ugly to me ><;

I'm not too sure how people feel about breeding, but I kind of don't like how the more recent games basically made breeding obsolete. Like if you need a certain nature on a Pokemon? Nature mints. Need perfect IVs? Give an IV trainer bottle caps. Need egg moves? Picnic. Bleh. :/ On the bright side shiny Pokemon can be used competitively now but meh.

I loved every gimmick, I know that people seem to only like Megas but I like the variety that the new gimmicks give to each generation.

I don’t care about the glitches and bad quality of the Gen nine games, I loved them and I think they’re me personal favourites (and I actually went glitch hunting once! They fascinate me ok)

And English anime music (I didn’t know this was hated?)

And Ed Sheeran in the scvi credits, and bdsp

The always on EXP share. I know why most people hate it and I understand why they hate it. But I still love it because grinding up levels for magikarp and abra in Kanto was a pain in the assssssssss. Especially with Magikarp since I was always leveling it up before Misty to deal with her starmie. (I refer to the time frame between leaving Mt. Moon and beating Misty's gym 'the wall' for this reason. Mostly because of how many of my nuzlocke runs die here because I get bored grinding.)

Back
Top Bottom