• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the most popular shipping right now?

I don't think there is one to be honest. Unless people are shipping Satoshi and Gou... Everyone is kinda at a standstill... Amourshipping is at the same level as pearl and pokeshipping... Lots of hope but little to talk about.

Based on the recent Pixiv results; Gou X Satoshi, Aureliashipping, Amourshipping and Pearlshipping are popular right now.

I've seen a lot of ships with Raihan floating around on Twitter. Mostly Leon x Raihan (the one I like) Piers x Raihan and Kabu x Raihan.

I would guess that Amourshipping is the most popular ship in the anime since it has the most hints. None of the Alola ships seem all that popular while older ships with actual hints like Pokeshipping are considered old and outdated.

Interesting how there seems to be ship tease with Gou and Satoshi in the anime right now even though they are both boys. Although I doubt that it will amount to anything if a heterosexual ship like Amourshipping only got an off-screen kiss and no real confession scene.

Ash/Go.

SM didn't really have a big ship, some shipped Ash/Lillie like usual, or Lillie/Mallow. Amourshipping has died down a bit now that we're 3 years removed from XY and Serena might never show up again, so support for it has slowed down.

And besides that people just continually like the older ships they grew up with, but again, most older fans have left the pokemon fandom, so there's not much activity. When all the original fans are now close to 30 years old or older, obviously you're not going to see them in the fandom anymore. Almost everyone from the early/mid 2000's, like 2003-2012 or so, is pretty much gone.

Rocketshipping may not have the heat or light of the seasonal Satoshi ships, but it's still burning like a reliable gas stove connected to mains supply... slow and steady wins the race!

If you go by games, I see a lot of Yūri x Mary right now on pixiv. Which I wholeheartedly support.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom