• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the role of Bianca?

Spindae2

Reaction score
Bianca appeared for now in 4 episodes and she is not the type of trainer who is the great Rival! After BW27 I truly saw her series regular potential, and would love for her to stay with the group!
She is funny and reminded me a little of Dawn yesterday!

What do you think?!

She is obviously a female version of Barry, so I don't expect her to get far as a rival.

Last edited:
Bianca appeared for now in 4 episodes and she is not the type of trainer who is the great Rival! After BW27 I truly saw her series regular potential, and would love for her to stay with the group!
She is funny and reminded me a little of Dawn yesterday!

What do you think?!

For The Games To Be An AD on the tv show
And she is so a female version of barry

She is obviously a female version of Barry, so I don't expect her to get far as a rival.
Jun was introduced very late into the DP series, though. Just because Bel is a "girl Jun" doesn't mean she will be treated the exact same way as he was.

Maybe we'll have several companions like Bianca; Cilan and Iris are treated as main characters because they don't rotate like the rest?

Her role is to make me regret she's not a main cast member every time she appears on screen, to have awesome interactions with Ash and Dent and to be a queen of comedy.

sigh...

We need moar Bianca!

Bianca's supposed to be a rival.

I love Bianca so, so much. But I've realized if she was in every episode, that would get annoying really quick. So I appreciate her for the screentime that she has very much.

She will appear in the league as she's the first female rival, but yeah, she's not a real threat at all.

Ash already beat her starter with Pikachu in her first appearance, her Chillarmy gives the impression she's going to have a team of cute pokemon.

Either way she's the secondary rival, so she won't be the one Ash always loses to. That's trip.

First Female rival, second of Ash's rival in Unova and one of the most funniest character that appeared on the show.

I think she's supposed to be a friendly rival like in the games. :) As much as I like her though I don't want her to be a main character or anything...but she is funny!~ I hope Cheren appears someday...watch him appear in the movie intro like Black/White is supposed to XD

Comedy, whilst promoting the games. She's a lot like Barry, and she'll make a decent rival for Iris.

She's the main female character of Isshu series.

she's the first female rival

First Female rival

Pokemon_Casey_2.jpg

CASEY: "DID SOMEONE CALL ME?"

She's no less than Kenny.

She's much less than Kenny. At least he was able to qualify for the Grand Festival in the first place, even if he didn't go far. :p

It's hard to take Casey seriously as a rival in the long-run - it looked like they were planning to go that route from her debut episode, but she just kind of fizzled as Johto played out.

I have higher hopes for Bianca. I mean, I expect her to always be a comedic character first and foremost, but I think she has potential as a battling rival to Ash too. Her Pignite and Minccino have both been shown to be very powerful, even if she's yet to experience an on-screen victory. Much like my hopes for Cabernet, I'd like to see her develop into a more formidable rival as the series progresses.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom