• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the role of Bianca?

^^ Johto fizzled out as Johto played out...

plot-related though, i still enjoyed it :3

She's much less than Kenny. At least he was able to qualify for the Grand Festival in the first place, even if he didn't go far. :p

To be fair, we are talking about Johto after all, how many appearances Gary had in whole series? Not really higher than Casey. She is a decent secondary rival compared to Gary.

It's hard to take Casey seriously as a rival in the long-run - it looked like they were planning to go that route from her debut episode, but she just kind of fizzled as Johto played out.

Yes, writers made a horrible job on her in Johto. But that's not change her status as Satoshi's first female rival.

To be fair, we are talking about Johto after all, how many appearances Gary had in whole series? Not really higher than Casey. She is a decent secondary rival compared to Gary.

Gary barely appeared in Johto, but he did 3 times (just as many as Casey) and appeared in the League. Even Johto Gary was better treated than Casey.

Yes, writers made a horrible job on her in Johto. But that's not change her status as Satoshi's first female rival.

Rival? Eh... Someone who's curbstomped in her first episode (and that's the only battle between Ash and Casey), receives one Bug Contest and another closure episode 100 episodes later, where it's revealed she only gathered half of the badges just before the League can hardly be considered a rival. If anything, she should be classified as a first attempt for a female rival.

Gary barely appeared in Johto, but he did 3 times (just as many as Casey) and appeared in the League. Even Johto Gary was better treated than Casey.

Ofcourse he should be treated better, he's the main rival after all. That makes Casey a decent secondary rival compared to him.

Rival? Eh... Someone who's curbstomped in her first episode (and that's the only battle between Ash and Casey), receives one Bug Contest and another closure episode 100 episodes later, where it's revealed she only gathered half of the badges just before the League can hardly be considered a rival. If anything, she should be classified as a first attempt for a female rival.

Again, secondary rival. Jun was curbstomped as well...

The role of Bianca? She's appearing just as much as she is in the game I'm playing right now and the same thing with Cheren. It's kind of annoying actually because they're killing me.

But in the anime Bianca is actually good for keeping us entertained. Iris probably wouldn't have caught Emonga if she didn't appeared and Cilan probably wouldn't have went in the fishing tornament. So what does that tell you? She's making the second rate characters do something. However, I hope she does end up going to the league unlike Casey did. But I still haven't seen any badges from her yet?

Ofcourse he should be treated better, he's the main rival after all. That makes Casey a decent secondary rival compared to him.

OK.

Again, secondary rival. Jun was curbstomped as well...

It's all true, but at least Barry/Jun got one win against Ash.

On topic, it looks like Bianca's filling the void of a funny secondary rival in the beginning of a saga. She should be able to get to the League and I hope she gets at least 1 win against Ash down the road. It would also be great if she reaches the final with Ash and beats him. It would be the first time a regular rival beats Ash in the League.

She's much less than Kenny. At least he was able to qualify for the Grand Festival in the first place, even if he didn't go far. :p

I'm sure Bianca will do okay in the League when it comes around. They will be hard-pressed to make a character worse than Kenny. Bianca is already leaps and bound ahead of him.

It's all true, but at least Barry/Jun got one win against Ash.

Casey did fight with Charizard, Jun did fight with newly caught Gible. There is a big difference. :-D

Back to topic, isn't that ironic: Currently, "secondary rival" Bel had more appearances than "main rival" Shooty.

Casey did fight with Charizard, Jun did fight with newly caught Gible. There is a big difference. :-D

Back to topic, isn't that ironic: Currently, "secondary rival" Bel had more appearances than "main rival" Shooty.

We still don't know if he appeared in those 2 parter eps or fishing episode. I dont think he was in the summary of episode 22 so its likely he is in one of these episodes.

I find it interesting that both Barry and Bianca are funny. I've honestly laughed at least once at something both of them did in each of their appearances.

Its too bad Barry and Bianca cannot meet. They should marry.

Barry and Bianca would probably get on each other's nerves too much for being too similar than get along :lol:

Bianca is awesome, her presence alone has made BW more fun to watch. I'm glad she has appeared a lot already, and I hope this is the case for future episodes.

I'm sure Bianca will do okay in the League when it comes around. They will be hard-pressed to make a character worse than Kenny. Bianca is already leaps and bound ahead of him.

Agreed. Give her a little time, she will probably develop into more of a rival as the series progresses.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom