• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the worst route/city/town for you?

Reaction score
From what I've seen, I've seen people mostly rate Pokemon themselves, the games, the characters, etc, but shall we talk about the routes/cities/towns? To be fair, especially in the older games, cities/towns are supposed to have few buildings so it makes for very fast travel to locations of interest(Pokemon Center, Marts, Gyms, houses with NPCs that give free TMs, etc), but what route/city/town do you think could've been done better, or just find annoying?
I'd start with Kanto Route 17, it's especially annoying and while I do get you need a bike to enter this route, the fact there are hidden items to find and such makes it a bit tedious to stop and go.

Route - Kanto Route 7, it is so short and pointless. Kalos Route 1 is even worse in this regard.
City - Cyllage, I dislike its music theme and layout, and Grant is rather forgettable for a Gym Leader.
Town - Anville, it is just boring.

Love Kalos but I dislike its Route 13 more than any other route in the series.

Also don't like the Haina Desert of Alola.

More than anything I just don't like how these areas have completely unavoidable encounters regardless of repel usage and because they tend to be Diglett or Dugtrio, you often cannot run from them.

I think I'm at least okay with every other location in Pokémon.

Except for locations influenced by Dynamax.

Last edited:
route 119 in hoenn. there's nothing that's particularly wrong with it, i don't mind the weather institute, but traversing the route is absolute torture. in gen 3, you can't run through OR bike through the long grass, and there's a bunch of trainers everywhere. and whenever i go into that grass, only oddishes and mightyenas pop up. every single time. it's so annoying. another one that's bad is meteor falls. i just keep getting lost, all i wanted was dragon claw.

Ultra Megalopolis; it literally only serves as a hallway for the climactic boss encounter with Ultra Necrozma and that's it.
I wished we could’ve explored this city, enter buildings, meet NPC’s and explore the history of this place. The fact that humans exist in another planet hundreds of light years away was treated too casually.

Routes 212 and 217 in Sinnoh, the whole getting stuck in the mud/snow gimmick got too annoying too quickly. Relic Castle did it better with its quicksand pits.

Kanto Route 13 to 15. Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu made it bearable, but having to go through a very large series of routes and most of the time be unable to defeat all the trainers in one go feels too cumbersome.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom