• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is/was your favorite school subject?

Favorite subject(s)?

• Total voters
Reaction score
If you are in school, what's your favorite school subject? If you aren't anymore, what was it back in the day? Why do you prefer that particular subject over others?

Mine is english. It's the subject I'm best at, plus if I wasn't good at english I'd never be able to do things such as play videogames (at least not Nintendo ones anyway) and be a part of this forum.

My favorite classes have always been ensembles (band and orchestra), Ancient/European/American History, and Music History.

Ensembles have always been at the top of my list because they have provided me challenge and brought me out of my comfort zone many, many times... But also have been very rewarding.

History and Music History are just subjects that I'm in general fascinated with and enjoy learning.

There is another class I have to mention that oddly enough became one of my favorites: Plants and People. I took this at university a couple of years back, and it shocked me. I had no idea how interested I would be in plants, their diversity, and just how much we use them. I also got to write a paper on the woods they use in woodwind instruments, and bring in my instruments to show off to the class. The professor loved it, because no one had ever done it before. I was so nerding out. xD

Math, PE and Economics.

Actually anything where I can show that I'm better than everyone. Because crushing the competition makes me happy.

Art was a big favorite of mine in middle and high school. I remember getting in trouble in the rest of my classes because I was always drawing in class. When I finally was able to take art, it was a dream come true for me. Now I decided to go back to college and major in art education. All of my classes consist of nothing but art topics and I love it.

Biology is my favorite because I just think it's really interesting. I always liked learning about living things, especially animals. Biology also makes a lot of sense to me and it explains so many things about the world that before I might not have even questioned.

English is another one of my favorites because I enjoy reading and writing. I also like that when you're answering a question, sometimes there aren't any right or wrong answers (as long as you can back up whatever you say).

lunch

I actually kinda started to hate lunch by the time I got to middle school, though. ;o;

Literature and art classes are/were my favorite. In literature, the discussions were fun and the lessons were typically not as boring as other classes. Art is just fun in general, and I like to do some type of it whenever possible.

In school, I used to like geography because it has a mixture of scientific facts (earth and environment) and non-science parts (culture and society), and I always looked at the atlas when I was a kid. Nowadays, I prefer the earth sciences, with a slight mix of chemistry and/or physics.

Also, music is always a fun subject at any level, or none at all.

My favorite was definitely Latin. The language is a fun challenge to learn and it mixed in history lessons and mythology lessons.

History and Literature are very close seconds. History because I just enjoy learning about the past. Literature because reading is fun for me and I really liked learning about old books and their authors.

Other, back in school my favorite subjects were music related. Nearly all throughout my school years I was in music classes (band and choir).

Science classes were definitely my favorites, as well. Biology is my favorite science and I'm majoring in it.

Other than that, I loved and still love History, Geography, Arts (orchestra), and Italian.

Science for me. Things like cosmology and theoretical physics in particular are my favorites.

Geography first, history second. While I prefer human geography to physical geography, I still thoroughly enjoyed both classes, and my current history class is wonderfully informative.

Math, cause it required logical thinking instead of stuffing knowlegde in your head. I've always thought solving mathematical problems is like solving little puzzles, I loved it.

My favorite subject when I was still in school was English, it was my favorite class since I loved to write essays and do the English workbook. My worst subject was definitely math though, I was terrible at it lol.

In high school it was English and art. I always enjoyed doing the readings for English, and I liked the relaxed atmosphere of art class and making art in general. Now I'm majoring in English and cinema studies.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom