• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is/was your favorite school subject?

Favorite subject(s)?

• Total voters
I love history, especially world history! Anything regarding history really interests me, even though I didn't do too well when it came to American history haha (I still enjoyed it to.... an extent). Turns out its been my favorite subject for a long time since I recently found this paper that mentioned how it was my favorite subject in the 4th grade!

I was always in love with math. I didn't give much effort to most things in school, but I would pore over my calculus notebooks like they were my bible. Unfortunately, as I dropped out of college, I never completed a degree or took it as far as I wanted to. I do remain an avid subscriber of the Numberphile YouTube channel, though, and love falling down Wikipedia wormholes of obscure theories and branches of math!

Mine is probably biology of physics. Can't decide. This may sound a bit over-used, but I just like how you learn how things work in those subjects. I also like math and that goes really well with physics

More of an English person here. Writing is one of the few things I feel a true passion for. When I write I feel like a different person. Logic, analysis, personal interpretation, and raw emotion are shown in different ways in English and writing than science and math. I've always valued these skills in myself.

English and Biology are the subjects I enjoy the most, especially the latter since stuff like human anatomy was fun to learn about. I also liked Math up until Pre-Calculus which imo is a mess but Calculus and its derivatives made math fun again for me.

I tend to enjoy Science and English the most, with a dash of History. I'm interested in several fields of Science, so it's a little hard for me to pick just one to focus my time in. (Psychology is my favorite, but I like to dabble in other things.)

My 2 favourite subjects are science (I haven't reached the point where science is split into physics, chemistry and biology yet) and IT.

Edit: I forgot to add a bonus least favourite subjects! My least favourite subjects are maths, music and art.

Welp, my country is a pile of crap.

I was on Facebook when I see a news piece that my Physics teacher shared. And guess what? Our stupid government messed with the subjects in middle school. Now, spanish, physical education and art are officially gone and history, geography, religion and sociology are all one single subject. Ugh. When I grow up, I'm gonna become president and fix up everything that our stupid current government is doing. But for now I can't do anything besides just living with it. :(

I'm not sure if it gets put into Arts or Other(s). But Public Speaking will always be the best class I've ever been in.

Free writing, free presentation(Within the school guidelines of course). I had a lot of fun and learning writing in that class than in English. Entertaining people is something I love doing, so I enjoyed those speeches sometimes.

I never really actively disliked any of my classes, and did well in most of them. Most things had the ability to keep me interested or do the work for without much struggle. (Except for math, which I detest due to having dyscalculia) So it's a bit hard to pick out a favorite. But I think I will go with AP Psychology. The subject matter was endlessly fascinating to me, and I scored the highest on the AP test out of any class. (AP is a college level course that you can take in high school, by the way. You get a good score, and you get college credits. Actually, it's often harder than college) Also, the teacher was an awesome fun relatable spazz.

Art used to be my favourite, but honestly my first year of high school (just ended two weeks ago!) made Art an unbearable subject for me (so I'm switching my major to Drama come Grade 10, lol). I still love Art as is, just not the school subject. x:' I don't like being told what to create; I suppose it's just because I can be stubborn when it comes to art.. aaa. ;v;
I'm totally with you there. People would expect me to pick Art as a favorite subject, but unless the teacher was particularly nice, I didn't like being forced to work in things like still lifes or other old-fashioned type of works. When it comes to art, I like doing what I want to do. Also, the project deadlines they had killed me. It was so hard for me to finish anything because I'm a slow artist who likes to take her time.

I'm not sure if it gets put into Arts or Other(s). But Public Speaking will always be the best class I've ever been in.

Free writing, free presentation(Within the school guidelines of course). I had a lot of fun and learning writing in that class than in English. Entertaining people is something I love doing, so I enjoyed those speeches sometimes.

Public speaking while I didn't make the poll, came under Engilsh for us.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom