• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is wrong?

Do you like the Twilight series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AiedailEclipsed

Poet Laureate
Reaction score
Oh my freaking Jesus, Mary, Moses, God, Mother Teresa, and Budha! What the freak is wrong with the Twilight series?!? I mean, aside from those who actually have an IQ above 2 and have read the books, and just didn't like them! I would like some actual reason to not like the series, other than "The vampires are sparkly!"

The Vampires Sparkle, No one notices that the vampires dont age in the eight years they live in a town, how many towns can they live in that perfectly suit their enviroment, what happens when something goes wrong? All plot holes. its hashed together.

1) so, they have to have some flaw they are the perfect hunter,
2) plastic surgery, or some people just don't age,
3) lots, &
4) they eliminate the problem, and move on

They were well written if you ask me.

Its just getting annoying though.

i liked reading them, it passed the time at work.
i have no idea why it's gotten so ridiculously popular though (probably the guy who played edward).
they aren't as good as some other books. and as lame as this may sound, i thought harry potter was a better read, it kept me drawn in and it didn't just keep readers reading to find out if she becomes a vampire or if they'll stay in luuurrvveee foreversss. XP

They send bad messages to girls about healthy relationships.

Edward Cullen is a stalker. And vandalizing your girlfriend's car to keep her from visiting a friend isn't love, it's controlling.

Also, Bella's a Mary Sue and Edward lacks personality beyond sparkling.

It's a disgrace to Stoker's input on the vampire legacy. By bastardizing what was supposed to instill fear into common-day folk and haunt their shadows. Stephanie Myer's stupid fantasy made vampires like some lovelorn vegan who probably shits rainbows and pisses gold and a blatant self-insert main character. This is pretty much worse than Anne Rice, but at least they still retained a threatening character about them and her structure of the story was quite unique.

I abhor everything that this series is in general.
But I won't lash out against people who actually read it and find it entertaining.

To me, Twilight is just like any old rubbish in The Pit on FF.com.

Oh my freaking Jesus, Mary, Moses, God, Mother Teresa, and Budha! What the freak is wrong with the Twilight series?!? I mean, aside from those who actually have an IQ above 2 and have read the books, and just didn't like them! I would like some actual reason to not like the series, other than "The vampires are sparkly!"
Were you semi-quoting me with the sparkly vampires thing? XD

I like the series for many other reasons.
The writing, the way it absorbs you and the interesting characters.
It isn't one of my favourite books but it is still fun to flip through every so often. It's one of the books you can read twice.

However I am also a bit annoyed when a here Twilight fanpeople all at once sigh and say Edward or change there status on Facebook to "married to Edward Cullen". And sometimes the writing isn't great.

It is for these reasons I answered Yes and No.

I read a vampire book once where they were all evil and killing everyone and taking over the world.

All vampires should be like this imo

And also, why do people dislike Harry Potter for that matter? I have read all 7 books and I thought it was a jolly old time.

i hate Twilight even though ive never seen it althouth i never really wanted to

I never even heard about it until the movie came out. It seems like a chick thing to me...

They send bad messages to girls about healthy relationships.

Edward Cullen is a stalker. And vandalizing your girlfriend's car to keep her from visiting a friend isn't love, it's controlling.

Also, Bella's a Mary Sue and Edward lacks personality beyond sparkling.

Couldn't have said it better.

And it was horribly written, for the record.

I've never read the Twilight books, nor do I really plan to. It's not so much the books that I hate than it is the annoying fangirls. If you like Twilight, it's fine with me, but don't go around screaming "zomg, Edward is so hot!" That's when it gets annoying.

I have a question about the relationship though--how do you write an unhealthy relationship though the eyes of someone who sees nothing wrong with it anyway BUT them having no problem with it? I mean, even Harley Quinn has her moments where she hates Joker or at least hates when he hurts her, but when the person sees nothing but good, how do you reflect that in your writing without sounding hypocritical to the characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom