• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is wrong?

Do you like the Twilight series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it, but it's not the best thing I've ever read. Not even the best romance. Best romance is Pride & Prejudice. It has some good points, but flaws as well. Overall, it's a mixed bag.

And Edward is secretly Spider Man. [/random]

Now don't get me wrong throughout this post to think I hate Twilight. I actually voted yes in the poll.

The books and the movie were good, I'll admit that much. The characters had their flaws. Major flaws. Like insanely bad flaws. There's not that much point to the books, but they were a good read.

However, I HATE how people obsess over them. "OMFG EDWARD IS HOT OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG." That's like someone obsessing over the Jonas Brothers, who aren't that great either.

My point being: Don't come near me if you're gonna obsess over Twilight. :| I will most likely ignore you.

yeah, i'm not obsessed, i like writing fanfics, reading them, watching the movies, and listening to the soundtrack, but i don't have OCD for Twilight...

The film was well-made, but for a story that doesn't deserve it. Without the entire vampire sub-plot you have a two hour abstinence ad. An abstinence ad brimming with angst. Seriously. The entire book series/film is a monotone of teen angst. A topic that has been covered -- and covered much more creatively -- how many times now?

A lot of the obsession gets to me as well. I understand that regardless of the books'/film's quality these fans are going to adore it, but they really go overboard. I'm a fanboy for a countless number of franchises and films/filmmakers, but I don't flaunt my fandom to everyone I meet.

The only reason the books became so popular is Bella's blandness. When a character is that cardboard, the reader is able to put themselves in that character's place, complete with their own personality traits.

It completely destroys the image of vampires.
REAL VAMPIRES (and by Real I mean the ones from legends)
Drink peoples blood.
Cannot step out in sunlight.
Do not sparkle.

In Twilight, (and I haven't read much of it, or watched the movie. I heard this off my friends so I may be wrong here) step out in sunlight, and don't drink blood.

Also, the writing is too over hyped. I read a few pages and... just... the writing is so terrible.

Some people don't like it. And I agree, it gives vampires a bad name, Castlevania made them look cool. :I

Honestly, it's not that great of a series. It simply isn't good writing. That said, it is aimed at younger readers, actually making it the perfect series, depending on who you are (or how high your IQ level is).

I personally enjoyed it, because it was a fun way to kill time, and it was a cute little love story. A nice distraction from difficult literature. Hated the movie though. The movie was crap. The acting was crap.

I also hate people who hate Twilight because a lot of people like Twilight, and only that reason. If you haven't read it, you have no right to hate it. You can not like it, but not hate it.

It completely destroys the image of vampires.
REAL VAMPIRES (and by Real I mean the ones from legends)
Drink peoples blood.
Cannot step out in sunlight.
Do not sparkle.

In Twilight, (and I haven't read much of it, or watched the movie. I heard this off my friends so I may be wrong here) step out in sunlight, and don't drink blood.

Also, the writing is too over hyped. I read a few pages and... just... the writing is so terrible.
Actually, "real" vampires from early European legend could walk out in sunlight. People were so paranoid about these vampires that they'd actually nail a dead body into its coffin, cut off its head, sew its mouth shut, and place rosaries and oak branches into the coffin so the body wouldn't become a vampire.

The vampires are the "Oh, it's so hard being a Vampire, I will now proceed to mope" sort, and the actual text is written a bit too simply for my liking.

Also, the fact that most people like it purely because everyone else does, or they've been told to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom