• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your biggest complaint about the Pokemon series?

What is your biggest issue with the show?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, one of biggest disappointments which pokemon anime does is character treatment. In most cases they dont get developed as much as they could be, with writers getting rid of them in middle of development never to be seen again.

Most past traveling companions like Misty, Max, May(to smaller extent) etc can be agreed had several unfinished plots in their stories, room to be developed more and unexplored things on which writers could expand. But instead of developing characters more being taken in new/fresh directions, giving them proper closures and well fleshed out storyline what they do instead?

Replace them like garbage leaving stories unresolved, with lot of potential ending up wasted or unused. Just to introduce new faces which receive same faith as well leaving after few years becoming forgotten and abandoned, like they never left any impact on Ash and anime in first place. Rinse and repeat. BW is prime example of that.

When comparing with other shows like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach,Inazuma Eleven go etc pokemon fails . They introduce new ones,but they keep older characters relevant as well, developing them further and giving chance to viewers to learn more. In other words sequels are made.

Personally i dont see any point in constantly adding new characters just to end up forgotten anyway, when there is left room to do more. Formula is stale, predictable and repetitive and judging by past characters which are basically erased from existence i fail to see any appeal in this.
Well at least in my opinion.

I think rotation would do wonders. We would still get new characters, but at same time all time favorites would be kept relevant(coming for let say one to two seasons) being interesting to see mix of old and new and what kind of dynamic this would bring to cast.You can refresh older cast through new outfits, pokemon and subplots doing fresh things with them making further progress, and people would be interested in something different with more continuity being added to show.

Last edited:
When comparing with other shows like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach,Inazuma Eleven go etc pokemon fails . They introduce new ones,but they keep older characters relevant as well, developing them further and giving chance to viewers to learn more. In other words sequels are made.

I do agree that Pokemon does a poor job at keeping characters relevant, but it cannot be compared to the likes of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Those shows have a sense of time; events are dated and the characters age. Pokemon doesn't. You could make a logical assumption about the timeline in Pokemon but one is never acknowledged to exist. Therefore they are incomparable examples.

On top of that, those shows have over-arching plots and mini-plots that can help keep characters relevant. Pokemon does not. It's simply advertisement-in-narrative, thus I feel it's actually a good move on the writer's part that certain main characters are replaced. If you leave them in for too long without having them get any closer to their goals (see Ash and Brock) they will eventually become stale and uninteresting.

They can, of course, bring back Pokemon Chronicles to focus on some of the older characters and give them a bit more development and closure, but personally I was satisfied with the way the stories of older cast members ended.

To elaborate more on my gripe, my biggest complaint about the Pokemon anime is its tendency to shaft certain characters, human and Pokemon, aside in favour of other characters. I can fully understand that giving every single character equal development and things to do is a very difficult, perhaps even impossible, task but when those characters are appearing on the screen every episode, it's inexcusable. One of the more blatant examples I can think if the current trio in Best Wishes. Ash and Cilan receive the bulk of the screentime and get to do things often, while Iris has seemingly become the third wheel who does little more than just commentate from the sidelines and get the odd episode-in-twenty focused on her. Then there's the group's Pokemon. While they're busy shoving the starter Pokemon in our faces, some of the others aren't even being let outside their PokeBalls.

This isn't a case of me being bitter about my favourites not receiving enough attention. I just feel that characters on the main cast absolutely must get a good amount of screentime and development, otherwise they've no business being main characters.

My only complaint is the narrator at the beginning of BW getting Ash's age wrong. He really should be around 13.

There are way to many to list...

Saying officially that Ash is 10
Resetting Ash all over and making him stupid.
Deleting all of Pikachu's past experience.
Neglecting important game plots and game characters - Cheren, Team Plasma, N & Ghetsis.

I do agree that Pokemon does a poor job at keeping characters relevant, but it cannot be compared to the likes of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Those shows have a sense of time; events are dated and the characters age. Pokemon doesn't. You could make a logical assumption about the timeline in Pokemon but one is never acknowledged to exist. Therefore they are incomparable examples.

Im aware of difference, and while pokemon was never some show with deep and complex story when i think about it there are couple of scenarios which could work imo, involving older characters and still moving story forward. Just like new characters can contribute to pokemon story, there is nothing to say previous ones couldnt too. Most Ash traveling companions which left have room to be done more and this could allow us to see them developed to more significant degree gaining more depth and mystery being taken to new directions, strengthening continuity.

Thats not to say new characters wouldnt still come in, but at same time people would be given opportunity to see their older favorites in action again being updated and growing more. I believe coming for some arc with length of OI or Battle Frontier would be possible to accomplish becoming relevant again .Writers already proved how anime has liberty to stray away from games abit ignoring several game characters in favor of older characters stay.
Imo it would be certainly better than leaving them forgotten and abandoned, bringing some unpredictability and new twists in show.

Regarding timeline well pokemon referenced how time pass several times, but problem is that main cast doesnt grow older. They are stuck in some kind of loop with writers not wanting them to age. Some say how its because anime is aimed for small kids,and such move could turn them of. But after taking in account how there are other kids show which age characters, somehow i doubt thats main reason.

On top of that, those shows have over-arching plots and mini-plots that can help keep characters relevant. Pokemon does not. It's simply advertisement-in-narrative, thus I feel it's actually a good move on the writer's part that certain main characters are replaced. If you leave them in for too long without having them get any closer to their goals (see Ash and Brock) they will eventually become stale and uninteresting.

True,but if you ask me better solution instead of replacing such characters is fixing mistakes writers did with them and giving them justice and proper development. Instead of doing sloppy job getting rid of someone leaving him underdeveloped. Even if character becomes stale, with good writing he can regain his purpose back and become enjoyable again providing writers get him back on right track.

For instance many fans thought TR was boring in Johto, but after writers had Jessie starting to do contests in Hoenn with writers increasing her role aside from only continuing to apply overused scenario of trying to catch Pikachu, people regained interest in characters again.

Besides i really dont mind Ash, he is still intriguing.

I respect your opinion,but personally i would rather had pokemon forming stable and consistent cast, instead of constantly cycling though characters. Its ridiculous in my opinion,and doesnt serve much purpose when current or previous companions could bring same entertainment value having already potential.

They can, of course, bring back Pokemon Chronicles to focus on some of the older characters and give them a bit more development and closure, but personally I was satisfied with the way the stories of older cast members ended.

Chronicles would be great way to bring back older characters to life. They were important part of show history and should be acknowledged getting some recognition. I would welcome this just as much as i would return of some of them to cast for awhile.

Only character which was in reality done and wrapped up was Tracey, considering how he accomplished his goal of becoming prof. Oak assistant finding this is what he wants to do in his life, in other words finding his place.

Brock still didnt become doctor and writers left several things unanswered not knowing if he will become traveling doctor or open center. Likewise we dont know what else beside studying he needs to do to become doctor,so i would say there is left room to do more. Seeing how writers changed his career opens window of new directions in which character could be taken.

Misty story never in reality received closure. Goal of water pokemon master was left unfinished never coming to any significant realization how to achieve her goals, taking gym only because of obligation and incompetent sisters with writers making clear how this isnt among her dreams. Further more several things were left unexplored and unanswered about her past,dreams, pokemon and ambitions not being fleshed out enough as character. She certainly has untapped potential to expand upon.

May still didnt won Grand festival not becoming top coordinator having unfinished business with rivals . And character itself still didnt developed her own style as coordinator never leaving out of Ash influence completely. Same for Dawn.

To elaborate more on my gripe, my biggest complaint about the Pokemon anime is its tendency to shaft certain characters, human and Pokemon, aside in favour of other characters. I can fully understand that giving every single character equal development and things to do is a very difficult, perhaps even impossible, task but when those characters are appearing on the screen every episode, it's inexcusable. One of the more blatant examples I can think if the current trio in Best Wishes. Ash and Cilan receive the bulk of the screentime and get to do things often, while Iris has seemingly become the third wheel who does little more than just commentate from the sidelines and get the odd episode-in-twenty focused on her. Then there's the group's Pokemon. While they're busy shoving the starter Pokemon in our faces, some of the others aren't even being let outside their PokeBalls.

This isn't a case of me being bitter about my favourites not receiving enough attention. I just feel that characters on the main cast absolutely must get a good amount of screentime and development, otherwise they've no business being main characters.

This is one of my biggest complaints too. If character is going to leave cast, writers should before that give them proper development and screen time finishing up what they started. I can understand that some characters have bigger importance in anime than others like Ash for example who is show driving force, so its pretty much a given how he is going to get biggest piece of cake. But for good development you dont need a lot of focus,as long writers do it on consistent basis and there is no excuse for certain characters ending up shafted so much. This is main reason why people were disappointed with Brock,Max and nowadays Iris treatment. Sam goes for Misty, while she got some good development its obvious writers never fleshed her out as much as they could be leaving several things unexplored. I reckon this is one of main reasons why many fans want her back(to get proper closure and more development).

Repartition of screen time was never really problem either,because plenty of times there were episodes where writers could engage such characters in action doing something with them,instead of wasting it on pointless fillers from which no on didnt benefit. Or dedicating too much focus to certain characters,while leaving others to remain neglected. Like it happened in Sinnoh, some of those episodes which focused on Ash and Dawn training werent necessary for their growth, being perfect opportunity to do something with Brock story but writers unfortunately had wrongly set priorities.

They did acknowledged mistakes they did with his character though,but instead of restoring him they rather choose to fix that through Cilan. Which is just slap in face to his fans.

In earlier seasons lack of experience was one of main factors behind some characters not being properly developed, so writers can be partially excused for some of their misplays. They were just starting out and didnt had required knowledge and experience not knowing how to properly handle several things, which were fixed in future upcoming sagas learning on past.

Eh if only this anime had more thought and quality out into it, no wonder why people lose respect for it. Older characters are treated like trash, continuity is basically nonexistent and main hero advance at snail pace speed.

Last edited:
Im aware of difference, and while pokemon was never some show with deep and complex story when i think about it there are couple of scenarios which could work imo, involving older characters and still moving story forward. Just like new characters can contribute to pokemon story, there is nothing to say previous ones couldnt too. Most Ash traveling companions which left have room to be done more and this could allow us to see them developed to more significant degree gaining more depth and mystery being taken to new directions, strengthening continuity.

Thats not to say new characters wouldnt still come in, but at same time people would be given opportunity to see their older favorites in action again being updated and growing more. I believe coming for some arc with length of OI or Battle Frontier would be possible to accomplish becoming relevant again .Writers already proved how anime has liberty to stray away from games abit ignoring several game characters in favor of older characters stay.
Imo it would be certainly better than leaving them forgotten and abandoned, bringing some unpredictability and new twists in show.

Regarding timeline well pokemon referenced how time pass several times, but problem is that main cast doesnt grow older. They are stuck in some kind of loop with writers not wanting them to age. Some say how its because anime is aimed for small kids,and such move could turn them of. But after taking in account how there are other kids show which age characters, somehow i doubt thats main reason.

I'm certainly not against bringing back older characters, but I'd prefer it if they were just cameo appearances or a small arc (such as the Wallace Cup). Older characters can interfere with the development of newer characters and if we're going to get newer characters every region then I want to see them get the development they need.

As the characters aging, yes, that is something I dislike and I wish Pokemon didn't do that, but unfortunately it's something we're stuck with. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, because Ash still being ten doesn't really subtract from my enjoyment of the show.

True,but if you ask me better solution instead of replacing such characters is fixing mistakes writers did with them and giving them justice and proper development. Instead of doing sloppy job getting rid of someone leaving him underdeveloped. Even if character becomes stale, with good writing he can regain his purpose back and become enjoyable again providing writers get him back on right track.

For instance many fans thought TR was boring in Johto, but after writers had Jessie starting to do contests in Hoenn with writers increasing her role aside from only continuing to apply overused scenario of trying to catch Pikachu, people regained interest in characters again.

Besides i really dont mind Ash, he is still intriguing.

I respect your opinion,but personally i would rather had pokemon forming stable and consistent cast, instead of constantly cycling though characters. Its ridiculous in my opinion,and doesnt serve much purpose when current or previous companions could bring same entertainment value having already potential.

Each to their own, I guess. I simply feel that with the amount of new characters that every new region brings to the show, there isn't much room for older characters other than the odd cameo appearance here or there. In AG, for example, the writers used Lance during the conclusion of the Team Aqua/Magma arc when it would have made more sense to use Steven or Wallace. Hence I'm glad that in DP, Cynthia and Looker both played their parts in the Team Galactic arc and the writers didn't simply make a new character or bring back Lance.

I was also glad that we ended up with a new female co-ordinator. I really enjoyed May as a character, but it was good to have a fresh perspective on Pokemon Contests.

Chronicles would be great way to bring back older characters to life. They were important part of show history and should be acknowledged getting some recognition. I would welcome this just as much as i would return of some of them to cast for awhile.

Only character which was in reality done and wrapped up was Tracey, considering how he accomplished his goal of becoming prof. Oak assistant finding this is what he wants to do in his life, in other words finding his place.

Brock still didnt become doctor and writers left several things unanswered not knowing if he will become traveling doctor or open center. Likewise we dont know what else beside studying he needs to do to become doctor,so i would say there is left room to do more. Seeing how writers changed his career opens window of new directions in which character could be taken.

Misty story never in reality received closure. Goal of water pokemon master was left unfinished never coming to any significant realization how to achieve her goals, taking gym only because of obligation and incompetent sisters with writers making clear how this isnt among her dreams. Further more several things were left unexplored and unanswered about her past,dreams, pokemon and ambitions not being fleshed out enough as character. She certainly has untapped potential to expand upon.

May still didnt won Grand festival not becoming top coordinator having unfinished business with rivals . And character itself still didnt developed her own style as coordinator never leaving out of Ash influence completely. Same for Dawn.

It seems that you believe that in order for character to receive necessary closure, they need to acheive their dreams and ambitions. Needless to say, I disagree with that notion. Yes, for absolute closure a character would have to reach their goals. However, none of these characters have been dumped with an unsatisfatory resolution to their stories. They've all left the cast having overcome one trial or another and having taken steps closer to their goals. That's enough closure, for me, especially when you consider that these characters are between the ages of eight and fifteen, not in their mid-twenties.

I'm certainly not against bringing back older characters, but I'd prefer it if they were just cameo appearances or a small arc (such as the Wallace Cup). Older characters can interfere with the development of newer characters and if we're going to get newer characters every region then I want to see them get the development they need.

Only if cast is too big,though. Writers could try out concept of mix between older and new,bringing one new character and one older to form cast(like they did in AG and DP) or try out again group of four like they did in Hoenn. It wouldnt interfere with anyone development just like Ash and new companions dont clash with someone growth either.
On positive side, since older characters are somewhat already developed makes things easier for writers to just do continuation of their stories picking up from where they stopped.

I think it would be intriguing if such idea lived to its potential. It would be enjoyable to see how would interaction work between Ash and older traveling companions nowadays with new characters learning something from it and vice versa, bringing more continuity to show and taking group dynamic to a whole new level, and they could help advance nw character story forward(like Ash did with May whn taking mentor role).
As far as im concerned, having popular older companions back(like May,Dawn,Misty etc) for about season(nothing too long,length of Kanto BF or Orange Islands would be sufficient) to develop them more and tie up loose end wouldbe great idea bringing something unpredictable, fresh and new on table.

With character rotation new ones would still be included,only in smaller number.That way everyone would be pleased,with characters not being given too much exposure,while at same time being given enough focus to do something significant.

I dont expect anyone to agree, but imo this would be better solution than what we have now having previous companions forgotten like they never existed.

As the characters aging, yes, that is something I dislike and I wish Pokemon didn't do that, but unfortunately it's something we're stuck with. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, because Ash still being ten doesn't really subtract from my enjoyment of the show.

Agreed, in end its entertainment which matters the most.

Each to their own, I guess. I simply feel that with the amount of new characters that every new region brings to the show, there isn't much room for older characters other than the odd cameo appearance here or there. In AG, for example, the writers used Lance during the conclusion of the Team Aqua/Magma arc when it would have made more sense to use Steven or Wallace. Hence I'm glad that in DP, Cynthia and Looker both played their parts in the Team Galactic arc and the writers didn't simply make a new character or bring back Lance.

I was also glad that we ended up with a new female co-ordinator. I really enjoyed May as a character, but it was good to have a fresh perspective on Pokemon Contests.

Agree to disagree, than. To me it would be better to work more with something you already have refreshing older characters who already has solid groundwork developing them further,updating their pokemon team along with opening new subplots and progressing unfinished ones definitely having potential bringing in end same entertainment value as new ones provide(sometimes even more)pleasing many fans.

Rinse and repeat was never particularly creative concept imo.

If older characters are kept,that doesnt mean new characters would be ignored. In Sinnoh despite having Ash and Brock on cast,this didnt stopped new characters to get some recognition. Like Wallace, Cynthia, Lyra and Khouri as well several new characters without necessarily joining main group.
While anime serve purpose to advertize new games, the only thing which is important to Nintendo and Gamefreak is that new pokemon and evolutions are promoted properly through show. When it comes to characters and forming cast writers are more flexible in that aspect having liberty to choose who they want to include in show, and older characters can have marketing value too being possible to promote games through new pokemon and by entering some of competitions which were introduced in games, along with new characters being showed through guest appearances like they did with HGSS remakes.

It seems that you believe that in order for character to receive necessary closure, they need to acheive their dreams and ambitions. Needless to say, I disagree with that notion. Yes, for absolute closure a character would have to reach their goals. However, none of these characters have been dumped with an unsatisfatory resolution to their stories. They've all left the cast having overcome one trial or another and having taken steps closer to their goals. That's enough closure, for me, especially when you consider that these characters are between the ages of eight and fifteen, not in their mid-twenties.

Maybe so, but in order to receive closure either plots are required to be closed down with purpose behind someone journey being fulfilled,or there need to be provided mechanisms which could allow for conclusion for someone story in future.

With some like May or Dawn you could say they received partial closures coming to realization how to accomplish their dreams. Like May understanding how Ash holds her back,deciding how its time to go on her own being written out in a way which served as indication of further progress being made.

However some others didnt received this.
Like Misty, she went on journey to become water master with purpose of exploring new regions and learning as much as she can just to be randomly called back to take care of gym out of obligation later on staying out of necessity and because of incompetent sisters with nothing going for her being brought to end. She never came to fruition how to achieve goals, didnt overcome obstacles with many things about past,motivations and backstory which influenced character in first place being left unanswered.
She got some development in hosos like getting over Gyarados fear, earning sisters respect etc.but they didnt resolved plots of Misty story in any way or provided indication that further progress is being made toward them, with writers leaving may things uncleared and open.

Or Max which is just stick to gym never being able to get first pokemon and start out journey,due to no aging rule.

Judging by reactions, fanbase in general wasnt satisfied with everyone exit.

Last edited:
My complaint is Iris. I don't get what the writers are doing. She's just there. And at times it seems like she's not. I wish more could be done for her. I don't want to see her become a stone wall.

I use to love the show got the trading cards when the show first started back when ash first got pikachu got the first 3 seasons on dvd aswell as pokemon first movie, the sea temple and ash meet lucario all on dvd plus pokemon 2000 on vhs. My biggest complaint of all is getting rid of Misty, i understand that you had to make way for new characters but with Misty you could always count on her and ash arguing about one thing or another but now with her gone there isnt any arguing it so boring now i've lost all interest in the show, should bring her back permanently

biggest complaint
why does every time they change regions i.e hoen to sinnoh ashes strength is never actually mentioned like how many badges hes got from the other series personally i think black and white is the worst of them all nin terms of story line because silas is just a rip off of brock i hate iris not only is she a rip off of misty i also dont get why shes treating ash like an inexperienced little kid because hes older even though he never actually ages and is still 10 years old and has more experience when it comes to pokemon that pretty much every1 in the the series i also hate that the writers have made ash look so stupid in terms of battle and pokemon in general

My only true complaint is that they ignore Ash's old traveling companions and rivals after they're done with them. I just have minor gripes other than that. Pretty much all of the other choices on this poll I don't mind or even glad that they do. Such as no one aging.

I have to agree with what Kenji-girl said.
Ignoring past characters after leaving cast like they never existed, is disappointing defeating purpose they had in anime in first place. Whats the point in introducing some character, leaving its influence on plot and development of other characters if he will never return again erasing him like he never mattered in first place. Especially if this is supposed to be continuity based anime still following story of same protagonist.
Another qualm i have is characters being replaced while halfway developed, never being given proper or in some cases any closure to their stories. May and Dawn got open ended departure, Misty just randomly went back to gym leaving her goals and story(like water master dream) unresolved, Max never started his journey etc.

Im tired of constant character replacing too, when there is left more than enough potential to do more with older characters(like Misty, May, Tracey, Max etc). This approach is providing nothing except leaving us with ton of previous companions being left to rot forgotten not being used to full potential, taking away from continuity and stability in main cast.

In my opinion best solution would be in doing mix of both, not getting rid completely of adding new character but also reusing older characters at some point. Doing continuation of their story becoming relevant again, when plot would allow to have character both advance current plot and receiving some benefit out of it himself too.

That way we would still get new characters ,but fans would also be given opportunity to see their favorite characters from past in action again updated.
You can refresh older cast and do new,fresh things with them and people would be interested in something different than predictable routine of constantly adding new companions adding for nice twist. Im sure most of us who grew to like certain characters would be excited to see them reinvented, going in undiscovered and unknown directions having already experience and background to go forward.

This would attract wider group of fans to pokemon anime too judging by large demand for previous companions return.
But eh im afraid this will mostly stay just on wishful thinking.

My complaint is of the super rushness of the Pokemon and their development in BW. The characters seems okay except for a few(Trip), but I think Ash's other Pokemon, plus most of Iris's smaller ones and Cilan's could really use some better battle time.

All of the voices actors and BMG changing
The human cast's outfits and desighns (elesa in dawns flashback make my point here clear)
Pikachu with his power level being reset
non sence of humor

and NO TEAM PLASMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats what got me all exited for BW

All of these rank and tie #1 as my biggest complaint

When they get things wrong! "Aim for the horn" while others see it as a Meme, I find it incredibly annoying. They've got better since, but still make the odd mistake.

Also resetting Ash every time so he's a noob, was better in Johto when he kept his experience.

I have nothing against his age... Many long running anime's dont age their characters, infact I can only think of one in my mind. I can understand why people disagree with it but I personally dont think its a problem, he should of aged but I think his character would of been wreck if he aged. Personal opinion ;)

I dont like the voice actors changing though. I understand voice actors quit and change all the time and nothing can be done to stop that. It does change a character though. As far as I know ash has changed his voice once but team rocket has changed so many times I didnt recognise their voice when I watched my first DP episode. Its unbelievable.

The way they treat the Villains. Our main antagonists were the Three Stooges of Crime for over 10 years (and even then I have the wonder if the Stooges would've made better crooks) and now overdramatic stiffs while the others are mishandled or dropped from existence the moment the producers are done with them (Holla if you want Atilla & Hun back (but handled better)!).

The REAL Team Rocket is seldom seen and then unceremoniously dropped from the series. And even then it was like Shopro turned the whole organization into a joke! Most of Giovanni's appearances are in those obnoxious fantasies, Butch & Cassidy devolved into the Bungle Birgade 2.0, Professor Namba was a bad joke to begin with, Visicous turned into a cowardly puss the moment he lost his mask, Domino was felled by a slippery floor (and she wanted to go down fighting no less!), Zager is a dullard, poor Pierce was dropped like a rotten potatoe, and you can count the times the Grunts make themselves useful on one hand.

Poor Teams Magma & Aqua were underused (Matt and Courtney got dumped!) and their storyline was given a terrible finale that was more about bringing in elements from Emerald (clumisly) than resolving anything. As much as I love Hunter J, she could've done more. Like Dogasu, I think ALL her appearances should've been 2 parters. And I'm sure you all know my feelings about Team Plasma (I can't really complain about Team Galactic aside from wishing they'd used Pluto's plot :) )

Maybe it's because Shopro is more interested making a commercial instead of an actual show or maybe it's the ghost of 4Kids at work (a spectre the show will likely never be rid off :sigh:), but Villainy can be the best part of animation. And with Pokemon, we are seldom allowed it and often screwed over because little kids like watching personality free children have random "adventures" with living toys :mad:

-Although, I have basically gotten used to the fact that characters that are'nt Ash and Pikachu (who I like BTW), will go at some point. The past decade in the anime definitely showed that. :( I really hate getting attached to charaters now cause of this.

-Not a fan of TPCI's Ash and TR's voices tho although I can admit that they have gotten a bit better since the first season 9 episode. Tho they still are'nt the same.

-I can also get Ash not aging either. The Only way that would happen is through some time skip, and I don't think they will ever do that.

I don't know if I do have a complaint other than ash resetting and pikachu being beaten by Trip who at that time had just gotten a new pokemon and D/P lasting too long without a filler saga. AG almost had the same amount of episodes but they had the battle frontier to pad that out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom