• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your biggest complaint about the Pokemon series?

What is your biggest issue with the show?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does pikachu never seem to get any stronger yea he learns moves and stuff but he can still be beaten by weak low level pokemon he should be a highly trained killing machine beating all pokemon in mere seconds

The biggest complaint I have is Team Rocket. They are supposed to be serious this season but I still find them boring. I didn't even think they were going to be in the Unova region. I thought Team Plasma was going to be the main villians since BW is like a whole new series reboot or something.

The lack of continuity is the biggest problem for me. Sure, after all the hard work she did, Jessie Dawn deserved to win the Sinnoh GF, and Tobias shouldn't even have been there in the first place, and yes, Pikachu's consistency problems are annoying, but the show's "reset" for Unova, including Ash being 10 despite having turned 11 in Johto, and more continuity issues is just beyond infuriating at this point. Maybe at some point in Unova we can have a grand companion meeting with everyone from Max and Tracey to Misty, May, and Dawn, but to what use? It'll never happen.

In any case, from my observations of BW (although I am by no means a usual observer of the animé- I prefer Special and the games), it seems to me that Kanto Ash with a slightly deeper voice is traveling around with Brock done right and a Misty whose only charm is the possibility of revolutionizing Pokéball technology by storing her Pokémon in her hair.

-Pikachu being overly powerful, as almost "god like" in the world of Pokemon. But there are some issue that concern me, that Pikachu sometimes gets beaten by weaker Pokemon, like what the hell?, what's the point of that. Pikachu is seen to have beaten stronger Pokemon, but beat bloody Snivy, well the writers or something should fix it or not Pikachu overly powerful.

Dawn, just Dawn.

I've never felt any kind of hate for a character in Pokémon until Dawn showed up. The main reason to why I disliked the DP Saga so much because of her.
Sure, at first she was okey, I did in fact like her, but it didn't take very long until she got incredily boring and bland, and watching an episode based on her was almost always painful and always boring. Her personality stood still for me - She was too girly (which in my opinion always isn't good), too boring and just absolutely dull, I hate her..... The only things that I liked about Dawn was Ambipom and her catchphrase, but unfortunately Ambipom was given away. Her catchphrase, though, was in my opinion very likeable, and I don't really know why, but I just like it.
To me it almost felt like the writers gave up on Dawn.

Oh well, I guess that's my biggest complaint. No offence towards the people that actually like Dawn, but I just can't stand her.

Last edited:
In one word Ash.

I know the hot-blooded, reckless, idiot hero is a popular trope for shonen series but for me it just stopped working for this series. Pokemon is a strategy game and to win you need to be smart and outthink your opponents. In such a franchise you would expect a hero who is intelligent or at least matures into a more calculating and tacturn battle so it becomes easier to relate when the hero earns his victories because he probably did what you would do and as such his victories would be more believeable and relatable. But Ash with all his dumb mistakes and his rather poor battling skills make it harder to feel for him since he is going nowhere and has become pretty boring since he rarely learns from his past experiences

I guess my complaint is that there are no league wins. I get that Ash loses but to not win one official league is kind of depressing. It makes me wonder what will Ash do to become a master other than badge collecting. By the time he's 20(if he'll ever get that far), he could have over 100 badges. Making him more of a badge collector than a master.

I know mine for sure!!! N NOT APPEARING YET!!! I'm getting really made about this. So mad, that if I had a pencil in my hand right now, it would snap. :conangry:

I mean, what are they waiting for?! The world cannot go without seeing N!!! Well, at least I can't. I mean, he's so darn wonderful to pass up! Why would you?! HOW could you:bheart:?! He's ONLY the best character ever(my opinion, again:-D)!!!!

I'm still having hopes for him appearing, though... And when he does, I'm going to be bouncing off the walls with excitement. :spin:

I also want him to steal a whole bunch of episodes!! Just about him, nobody else. Well, maybe Ghetsis, but I'm not sure anybody wants to see his ugly face for a long period of time. Oh, and it could also include his friends!!! Y'know, Pokemon!!! It'd be cute. Well, if anyone SHOULD steal a bunch of episodes, it should be N, not Cilan. Ugh, Cilan. Always being a conissuer at anything he can get his mitts on. :dodgy:

By the way, they should do a spin off series about N, Team Plasma, and Ghetsis. Well, they could have Hilbert there too. Then we could make conceptions of their being some Ishhushipping moments.:-D

I want Hilbert to show up... Not sure if that's a complaint or not, but.. I'll be really mad if he doesn't show up. He could at least get a cameo or something! Well, that wouldn't be good enough for me but still...

And I totally agree about IsshuShipping moments! That would be great...:blush:

Ashes balls need to drop, seriously. There is a relation between him and JB.

Ash still being 10 doesn't bother me at all for whatever reason. There's plenty of shows in which the characters don't age, but time passes. It gets on my nerves at times, sure, but it doesn't ruin the show for me.

My biggest complaint is mostly I just wish the villainous teams played a bigger role, (maybe not AS much as the games), especially in Best Wishes where we have episodes where pretty much nothing is happening. We get them doing big things here and there, but having a constant threat would add a lot more action/drama to the plot overall than just happy-go-lucky winning gym battles and competing in leagues.

Mine isn't listed in the poll, but I bet you know what I'm about to rant about... That's right, N and Team Plasma not showing up yet:bawl:! SO help me, if they DON'T come, I am going to be so, so angry... So angry, I don't know what I might do:mad:. I mean, it's ridiculous that they haven't aired the Team Plasma episodes! What are they waiting for? I'm sick of seeing these random character of the day episodes! Or a new Pokemon appears and Ash catches it, but it just goes into the box anyway! Is that necessary!? No, Pokemon, it is not. This show really needs the drama, epicness, and wondefulness of Team Plasma and N. It NEEDS it. I mean, the only thing we got for epicness was Paul. That is not enough. I want N so bad. Isn't he popular in Japan? Why aren't they starting petitions to include him? It's insane:complain:. Not to mention, they kind of HAVE to include them. I mean, in the first episode Giovanni mentions another organization in the region. You can't say something like that and never go back to it. Well, I suppose Pokemon has done that before, but with this... it would not even be right. Aggh, thinking about it now infuriates me.

But then, I would hate it if they messed up N. I worry that they would destroy his personality.... make him suitable for the anime, which means dull and boring. N is so dramatic, wonderful, vulnerable, sensititive, and much more... Get rid of any of that and I will be pissed. I also worry about how he would look. I mean, he obviously is the greatest character ever(in my eyes), no one can compare.... But what if they give him those weird Cilan eyes? Or make his skin tan? That really wouldn't look right. I mean, he would still be the best, no question. I love N too much to dislike him if that happened.:p

Sorry, I got carried away. I better cut this short. But trust me, it could go on longer....:mad:

We are now at the fifth gym Ladies and Gentlemen! I see no sign of Team Plasma yet. I'm going to go and stop my complaints because I'm catching a case. I don't think I can do this anymore. I hear by have no more complaints about the Pokemon series from here on out. It's too much stress and complaining about it is and never did any good. But thank you for taking the time to read my crap.

I will say that I did start liking Sailor Moon S once it got to the good stuff that was particularly dark, but the first half - barring some exceptional scenes - were just blah. I think they changed the animation director or something too, because the characters just looked totally off for both the third and fourth seasons...

Yeah, the Kaorinite part of the story wasn't very extraordinary but the beard did grow past that and into the Witches 5 arc and on.

Anyways, I don't like the constant stock dialogue each episode. Like how Ash compliments the chef of the group. IT'S SO ANNOYING! SAY SOMETHING ELSE!

As fast as Best Wishes is going the lack of Team Plasma and N is disturbing. At this point they only will likely appear in a special arc or something, but that is not enough to develop N's character unless said arc contains some damn good writing. Seeing how the writers are this season, you can easily see why I am worried.

The lack of deep characterization (Pokemon and humans) that D/P had is also disturbing, as they have regressed the series all the way back to Kanto.

Ash still being 10 takes the cake though. When he was announced as still being 10 I knew from right there that something was wrong. As ridiculous as it is, still him losing all his skill level was an even bigger blow, basically tossing a barrel of salt onto my split open gut.

Ash is my biggest complaint. I don't even care about Team Plasma anymore. :|And tbh I'd rather not see N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom