• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your biggest complaint about the Pokemon series?

What is your biggest issue with the show?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest complaint is definitely how they treat the villians. They should totally have more screentime because a lot of them are very interesting AKA Team Galactic could have had so many more episodes. ):

- Johto Saga. No need to comment how horrible it was.

- Really, what's with Best Wishes and overusing Pokémon like Patrat, Deerling, Gothitelle and Darmanitan? Especially Darmanitan, I thought this thing should've been unique. Oh and I'm also getting sick of Onix, Cubchoo and Beartic.

- The running gag's in Best Wishes! aren't funny.

These are the only complaints I have, really. I really don't mind Ash staying 10 or not getting replaced.

The age thing really bugs me too, there was an episode in Johto where they mentioned Ash and Pikachu being together a whole year, then many leagues later he's still 10.

I always assumed that 1 league took about 1 year, I assumed the tournaments all took place in the summer sometime. So i thought he was 11 at start of Johto, 12 Hoenn, 13, Sinnoh etc, so he'd be about 14 when going to Unova, but no, they clearly said, actually he was still 10. It's so grating, really the difference between 10 and 14 is not that much, and seriously, just looking at Ash I wouldn't guess 10 years old, I'd say he definitely looked in his teens.

Also TV Tokyo do need to grow some balls and not completely cut episodes when a disaster happens, and even worse than that, ignore anything that was supposed to happen in it afterwards. Some bad strobing effects and the entire Porygon line is banned forever. An Earthquake around the same time Team Plasma were meant to debut, Team Plasma removed forever. It didn't even involve an Earthquake, and what's wrong with just delaying it like they said they would.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE WITH A BURNING PASSION, the way the writers leave so many holes, and just hope/pray that we will forget about them, it's insulting as they are calling us stupid.

Last edited:
The age thing really bugs me too, there was an episode in Johto where they mentioned Ash and Pikachu being together a whole year, then many leagues later he's still 10.

I always assumed that 1 league took about 1 year, I assumed the tournaments all took place in the summer sometime. So i thought he was 11 at start of Johto, 12 Hoenn, 13, Sinnoh etc, so he'd be about 14 when going to Unova, but no, they clearly said, actually he was still 10. It's so grating, really the difference between 10 and 14 is not that much, and seriously, just looking at Ash I wouldn't guess 10 years old, I'd say he definitely looked in his teens.

He's a cartoon. He doesn't have to age, especially when the average age of the main audience is 10.

It's also fairly normal for cartoons to seem older than they are supposed to be, considering they are usually voiced by adults.

Also TV Tokyo do need to grow some balls and not completely cut episodes when a disaster happens

So, they should totally ignore the fact that people lost their lives and property was destroyed to air a cartoon featuring similar events? The Dark Knight Rises premiere in Paris was canceled because of the shooting that happened. Same difference. Watching a cartoon is not THAT important.

and even worse than that, ignore anything that was supposed to happen in it afterwards. Some bad strobing effects and the entire Porygon line is banned forever. An Earthquake around the same time Team Plasma were meant to debut, Team Plasma removed forever. It didn't even involve an Earthquake, and what's wrong with just delaying it like they said they would.

Perhaps the events of those episodes weren't meant to progress further, so there was no need to delay them. Save time, effort and money by just skipping it.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE WITH A BURNING PASSION, the way the writers leave so many holes, and just hope/pray that we will forget about them, it's insulting as they are calling us stupid.

If you think the show is that bad, why do you still watch it? That's like saying "this food tastes awful" but you keep right on eating it.

The show has been going for 15 years. Plot holes are bound to happen after a certain amount of time. To be honest, I completely forgot about the GS Ball, despite how important it was supposed to be. But it never kept me from watching the show after it was abandoned.

He's a cartoon. He doesn't have to age, especially when the average age of the main audience is 10.

It's also fairly normal for cartoons to seem older than they are supposed to be, considering they are usually voiced by adults.

Also TV Tokyo do need to grow some balls and not completely cut episodes when a disaster happens

So, they should totally ignore the fact that people lost their lives and property was destroyed to air a cartoon featuring similar events? The Dark Knight Rises premiere in Paris was canceled because of the shooting that happened. Same difference. Watching a cartoon is not THAT important.

Um no, not the same at all, personally I do think delaying the showing in Paris was an over reaction, and most other countries didn't do that. On the day of the 7/7 bombings in London we still had normal tv.

BUT the main thing, is that while Paris did delay the showing, they aren't going to ban the movie forever, and pretend the whole entire Batman series never existed, whereas TV Tokyo would.

and even worse than that, ignore anything that was supposed to happen in it afterwards. Some bad strobing effects and the entire Porygon line is banned forever. An Earthquake around the same time Team Plasma were meant to debut, Team Plasma removed forever. It didn't even involve an Earthquake, and what's wrong with just delaying it like they said they would.

Perhaps the events of those episodes weren't meant to progress further, so there was no need to delay them. Save time, effort and money by just skipping it.

If you think the show is that bad, why do you still watch it? That's like saying "this food tastes awful" but you keep right on eating it.

Again you're twisting my comments, just because I get infuriated that the writers like to try and ignore the existence of things doesn't mean I hate the show overall.

That's like saying "this food tastes awful" but you keep right on eating it.

I had a cold burger from McDonalds once, it was vile and I binned it, but I still go to McDonalds now and again, to say, because they did 1 mistake I'm never going to go/watch there/it again, that would be a complete over reaction.

I had a seizure during the Porygon episode.

Is that good enough?

My biggest complaint about it is:
Why does some moves have different effects than the ones in the game?
Example: Skyla's Swanna used aqua ring and ash's pikachu used an electric move.....Swanna is protected.
Since when is aqua ring a shield that protects the pokemon from attacks?

I had a seizure during the Porygon episode.

Is that good enough?

I guess so. But how close were you in the screen exactly? Because I saw the same episode and I didn't get seizure.

*Remember kids, always watch Pokemon in a well lit room and don't look to close to the screen.*

Best Wishes.

Because...it's Best Wishes, when clearly our wishes as a fanbase are never taken into consideration in terms of a logical story.

The Best Wishes and Best Wishes 2 series as a whole.
The writing is so awful.
Ash's regression is really a pain to watch.
The character development is crap.
There is no Team Plasma and N.
Team Rocket is the main villians again.
The battles are way too rushed and lack what AG and DP battles had.
and most of all Dawn's pointless cameo.

My complaint is Ash is STILL 10, he should be at least 15. Also, they never let the villains win for once, they don't let them do irreversible damage that Ash and the others can't control and stop and would change the show. Also they should mature it a bit.

The TR change. Aside from that, I have no complaints. I do like to nitpick at the episodes, but those don't really qualify as complaints.

This doesn't have anything to do with the current series, but...

The fact that Steven only got one episode of screen time in the Gen III series. It angers me after seeing how much Cynthia shows up in the D/P series(just to let you all know, I love Cynthia in the series)and even Lance got more than one episode. Steven could have done more - he could have showed up in one of those Team Magma/Aqua episodes. I really, really, really wanted Ash to realize that he was the Champion(unless he already resigned).

But besides that,

-Pikachu resetting in every new generation series.
-Trip being a beginning Trainer at the start of the series and seeming to be more knowledgeable than Ash.

My main gripe I have is how they handle Ash especially in Unova. Why do they have to be against him winning the pokemon league for some reason. I know that Ash losing an important battle isn't a bad thing, it gives him a chance to improve his pokemon and make his victory twice as rewarding if he wins next time. But when the writers have to come up with some convenient excuse for him to lose the pokemon league for the fourth time (ex: like when Tobias had another legendary pokemon other than Darkrai) it becomes contrived and unsatisfying. And to add insult to injury to the viewers have Ash arrive to Unova and easily lose to Trip unlike Paul he doesn't have the same experience as Ash does which makes the whole thing disappointing. The writers always want him to make mistakes a rookie would make early in Unova which was annoying since he's been through 4 regions by now.

Another gripe is how TR is always shown as incompetent but when they have their moments of being serious it's short lived and it feels like the writers have to force them in almost every single episode trying to catch Pikachu. Also the uninteresting fillers that come up often.

There's probably more complaints I have but I don't want to make a list. I don't know why they continue the anime like this:-/. Do they care about quantity over quality soo much that they don't care about these problems? Do they acknowledge how the older viewers feel about how of the way the anime is treated currently? It has already gotten to the point were a lot of fans have a negative view of the anime cause of this.

I've been complaining about the Johto saga for 12 years since 2001...so I guess that would be mine. I honestly can't think of anything else I whined about for over a decade and literally half my life.

One thing i've noticed in BW is that Trip, Bianca and now Kotetsu all have starter evolutions. What makes me mad is why give Ash all three starters if someone else was going to have the evolutions? Why can't Ash ever have fully grown evolution starters if he is going to catch them? This goes for Kanto and Johto. They almost letted Ash have all of them in DP but Empleon was given to Barry. If only Ash had it.

Last edited:
Mine is some of the characters are messed up!!

Bianca: She has to watch where's she's going. She's always tripping people and says "sorry".
Trip: Ugh I hate him!!! He's just rude and (one of my friends said this) racist. He needs to go home to his overprotective parents or just go to a new region.
Burgundy: What a brat!!! I'd love to see her parents come, throw her in the car, and say "We're going home there will be no dessert you've been very rude", then get spanked. She's fifteen and acts like she's three.
Proffessor Oak: His segments are just annoying. And doesn't he know any poetry?
Iris: She needs a haircut and needs to stop being a bully.
Gary Oak: That little annoying brat.
May: What a baby? She's ten and ten year olds don't whine.
Brock: He should just get a girl and stop. Brock needs to stop flirting.
Richie: He's too perfect, nobody's perfect but god. And Richie is as perfect as god it makes me mad.
Paul: He's really abusive and hurts his pokemon.
Max: That little know it all!!!
Some characters are full of problems!!

And the fact that the characters pretend like their family doesn't exist. Like I never hear them say "Hey my dad said this", "that voice is so beautiful it reminds me of my mom's lullabies", etc. when will they start mentioning their familes!?

So wait a minute, you think it's wrong for characters to have personality quirks and have problems? What would you rather have, everyone be boring and one dimensional and all have the same boring monotone iterations with each other? You do realize this is a Tv show?

No no I'm just saying their sometimes messed up. But I know it's a TV show and it's interesting. But I'm writing down the characters I hate and why I don't like them

So you hate those characters for rather shallow reasons, aspects of their characters that are supposed to be funny?

Mine is some of the characters are messed up!!

Bianca: She has to watch where's she's going. She's always tripping people and says "sorry".
Trip: Ugh I hate him!!! He's just rude and (one of my friends said this) racist. He needs to go home to his overprotective parents or just go to a new region.
Burgundy: What a brat!!! I'd love to see her parents come, throw her in the car, and say "We're going home there will be no dessert you've been very rude", then get spanked. She's fifteen and acts like she's three.
Proffessor Oak: His segments are just annoying. And doesn't he know any poetry?
Iris: She needs a haircut and needs to stop being a bully.
Gary Oak: That little annoying brat.
May: What a baby? She's ten and ten year olds don't whine.
Brock: He should just get a girl and stop. Brock needs to stop flirting.
Richie: He's too perfect, nobody's perfect but god. And Richie is as perfect as god it makes me mad.
Paul: He's really abusive and hurts his pokemon.
Max: That little know it all!!!
Some characters are full of problems!!

And the fact that the characters pretend like their family doesn't exist. Like I never hear them say "Hey my dad said this", "that voice is so beautiful it reminds me of my mom's lullabies", etc. when will they start mentioning their familes!?

So wait a minute, you think it's wrong for characters to have personality quirks and have problems? What would you rather have, everyone be boring and one dimensional and all have the same boring monotone iterations with each other? You do realize this is a Tv show?

No no I'm just saying their sometimes messed up. But I know it's a TV show and it's interesting. But I'm writing down the characters I hate and why I don't like them

Heh. That's a pretty long list. And what about Ash? He has more faults and personalites than the rest of them.

My biggest complain about the series is the rushed training of the Pokemon. There are Ash's starters who has slow and good development but the reserves get crappy and rushed felt evolutions that it's just crazy. Then there is Iris's Pokemon who gets little to none at times but when she does it over does it to a point that she doesn't really have to train them as much as Ash does. Cilan's Pokemon are a mix. There is Stunfish that never seems to be used, Pansage who gets thrown around and Crustle who trolls thrashed all the best battles. I would have liked this series more if they have done a little better with all of the Pokemon. I mean what's the hurry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom