• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your fave Type or Types overall?

charlycicero

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm fairly new so I don't know if this thread has been done before, and I don't want to resurrect old threads. But I wonder this about other Pokefans. So... which is your favorite Pokemon Type or Types?

Mine is basically Ghost, because they all have interesting designs, plus all the lore behind is very cool and spooky. I love it. Not to mention Gengar and Dragapult, which are among my all time fave Pokemon, are members of this prestigious club.

Close behind is Dark. I just love how in Japanese, this is the "Evil" type. They devious and mischevious, I love that! Some could well be considered the super villains of the Pokemon world (Malamar, anyone?). Plus I love Mightyena, Honchkrow and Umbreon.

My third is Psychic, because I've always believed in the power of the mind, plus it has a lot of mysticism behind it. which I dig a lot. It used to be my favorite type, but after a long hiatus when I picked Pokemon Y and started playing Pokemon games regularly again, somehow I felt they're mostly weak. Plus Dark Pokemon kick their butts. :(. Alakazam is still very strong, so kudos to the fox guy, and so is the scary spider, Metagross!

Mine is easily Water, as it is incredibly common yet great offensively and defensively. It is just so reliable.
I also like Flying, Dragon, Dark, Electric and Psychic types a lot.

Psychic, mostly thanks to steamrolling through Stadium with Jynx, back when the type was broken.

Water, too, seeing how Water starters have always been my favorite and so far none of them have disappointed me. Closest thing has been Greninja, but that's due to Battle Bond existing (I would have preferred Charizard chilling over that).

Dragon might be at third place, although I'm kinda disappointed on how it's been treated. Metagross and Tyranitar seriously need a friend. And we need more "normal" dragons (as in, not legendary, mythical or pseudo).

Normal is my top favorite type. I really like most designs normal types have and I'm just a sucker for using most early route Pokémon, which most have normal as a type anyway, so my love of the normal type started from those kinds of 'mons.

Dark, Water, Fire, Dragon, Flying, Psychic, and Electric are also types I tend to like quite a bit as well, though I have at least one favorite 'mon in every type anyway so.

for me, the Fairy type is my most favorite, and the one I always tend to use the most, and in most of my teams, a fairy has to be in the team, or someone knowing a fairy move
Pixilate is my favorite ability, turns normal moves into fairy moves
Draining Kiss, and Moonblast are my top two favorite moves, both fairy
Sylveon at the moment is my most favorite and cutest Pokemon I love
fairy for now stays at my top favorite spot

tie between Fire and Drak for my second favorite, many Pokemon and moves work well with them

also like Grass, Psychic, Electric, Ice, Normal, and Water

Water: A solid type all around. Many Water Pokemon have good defensive stats, and it hits almost everything for neutral damage when it comes to attacking, too. A lot of them have elegant or sleek designs, though there are plenty of silly ones too. My favourite Water-types are probably Azumarill, Frillish and Milotic.

Ice: Definitely the game's most mysterious type. Ice Pokemon are extremely rare, and while Ice moves hit many things super-effectively, Ice Pokemon themselves tend to underperform. This is because many of them are extremely slow, which is not a good combination when your stats otherwise scream "glass cannon" (extremely strong attacker with abysmal defenses). They tend to be very pretty Pokemon to look at, and give off a calm vibe.

Ghost: Has two immunities, which makes this typing extremely useful. Some Ghost Pokemon are tricksters, while others range between melancholic to outright malicious; but their true nature, intentions, and past always remain mysterious. Basically everything I'd want to experience if I ever picked up an Ouija board.

My favorite types are Ghost, Grass and Steel.

Ghost types seem to have a lot of character to them thanks to their Pokedex entries, which are often fun to read. There's a good mix of cute and downright terrifying within the type itself. A large majority of my favorite Pokemon are ghosts as well: Drifblim Chandelure, Mismagius, Gengar, Aegislash, Gourgeist...

Grass is my second favorite because I often like using status moves in-game, whether it be against bosses, or just to catch Pokemon as I'm going through my journey. Since a lot of grass-types learn all of Poison powder/Stun spore/Sleep powder, this makes Grass types my go-to for this one purpose. Also leech seed + poison is my main stalling tactic when I'm fighting something I can't defeat easily :whistle:. I really like a lot of grass types, such as the Oddish, Budew, Lotad and Bounsweet lines, so that helps too.

Steel types are also quite fascinating, since a lot of them don't seem to be fully organic creatures. Like, how would Magnemite or Klink even exist? I really like the robotic/industrial designs that some of the Pokemon have with this type. As usual, a lot of my favorites are in this type as well, like Magnezone, Metagross, Klefki, and Scizor.

My in-game teams usually have 2 ghosts and 2 grass types because of this

My favorite type overall is the Dragon type, mostly because the vast majority of Dragon types are, in my opinion, really well-designed. Many have reptilian/dinosaur characteristics, which I am a sucker for. They also incorporate many traits that I like in a Pokemon such as a wide movepool and relatively good stats.

The closest runnerups are, in no particular order, the Ice, Psychic, Electric, Water, Flying, and Steel types.

Ice, hands down. I love the cold and the snow in real life, and my health improves during colder weather, so I'm a sucker for the ice element as a whole. Plus, Ice-types are really interesting in their designs and lores, and they're the rarest and most mysterious, and tend to have some interesting combos. Ones like Glalie, Froslass, Weavile, Mamoswine, Frosmoth, and Glaceon are some of my top favorites (Glalie in particular I'm fond of, as it was my "first" main team Ice-type back in Sapphire, and it served me well). Sadly, in recent years, Ice-types not only get outclassed more often than not compared to other types, but more recent Ice Mons are now slow and bulky, which does them no favors, as the type is very much a glass cannon type. While some have improved with "age", so to speak (Sneasel being a good example, especially when it got Weavile as an evo in Gen 4), and many benefited from the physical/special split, the type as a whole, sadly, is in desperate need of help, as almost anything with Ice tacked onto it is just asking for a whupping, barring few combos. But, considering I'm usually the fan of the underdogs, it's fitting that I like the rather underdog Ice-type.

Second place goes to, ironically, Fire. I almost always pick a Fire Starter, as I feel they're the best, I actually like Fire/Fighting as a combo, thus I don't mind that we had that combo for three Gens in a row, and they tend to have very fascinating lores and inspirations. Also, the fact that the Fire Starter almost always have Ember as one of their early moves, which, unless you count the Spore/Powder moves, generally giving them a status ailment right out of the gate, something that the other two Starters don't usually have on their own. They also tend to have some fun combos like Ice. Like Ice, they're a glass cannon/fragile speedster type (barring certain ones), so they have to hit hard and fast in order to get the job done, and boy do they hit hard, as most Fire moves have a base power of 80 or more, reflecting its destructive nature. Plus, Fire actually has several resistances, second only to Steel, if memory serves (granted, those resistances do very little, but it does include Ice, Steel, and Fairy), so it's actually more durable than it appears in that regard. But, yeah, out of the Starter elements, Fire is my go-to choice.

Sadly, in recent years, Ice-types not only get outclassed more often than not compared to other types, but more recent Ice Mons are now slow and bulky, which does them no favors, as the type is very much a glass cannon type. While some have improved with "age", so to speak (Sneasel being a good example, especially when it got Weavile as an evo in Gen 4), and many benefited from the physical/special split, the type as a whole, sadly, is in desperate need of help, as almost anything with Ice tacked onto it is just asking for a whupping, barring few combos. But, considering I'm usually the fan of the underdogs, it's fitting that I like the rather underdog Ice-type.

That combined with Ice type being so good in the originals (at least to my 3rd grade mind) makes it a type I really root for. And a lot of Pokemon that are ice type are blue, so.. A+ there.

I also quite like water. Probably also because of blue. Also, I like turtles.

Grass is my number one favorite. I loved almost all of them in Gen. I, everyone of them in Gen. II were cuties, namely Sunflora and Bellossom and in Gen. III I made the decision that it was my favorite type and the one I'd try to use the most, because I liked every new one introduced. I like their connection to Nature, the power of healing themselves and the environment.

My second pick is Poison. This is linked to how so many Grass/Poison types were in Gen. I and also the fact that I liked Team Rocket's trio design and usage of Koffing and Ekans. Gen. IV introduced two of my most favorite Pkmn and Poison types: Roserade and Drapion. I like how nasty and dangerous they can be.

Grass is my number one favorite.

I love Grass too, it has a lot of sentimental value since Venusaur (et al) was my first ever Pokemon, plus it is a cool one (and my favorite of the three Kanto starters). And I agree that most Grass types are either cool, cute, pretty or just aesthetically pleasing. Or all at the same time. The only thing I have to say against the type is that it has a bit too many weaknesses, but that can be worked around with a balanced moveset and team.

Aside from the fact that I obviously like electric types, some of my others most favorites are rock, water, and grass.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom