• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your fave Type or Types overall?

grass/ice

i find them to be pretty much the most underrated and underappreciated types. ice doesn't get enough good offensive pokemon, and grass has a massive type chart disadvantage that, while it can be managed depending on the pokemon, oftentimes it requires grass to be paired with another type to be useful, as mono-grass can be rather iffy.

I've always liked the Fire type. Charmander was the first starter I ever chose, so I think that's made me partial to the type. It helps that a lot of my favorites are Fire type Pokemon too.

I've also grown to like Psychic types over the years. I inadvertently started collecting them in a game I used to play a few years ago and ended up liking them a lot more than I thought I would.

Normal because they have both cute realistic animal Pokemon and unconventional ones.
Grass because I like nature.

My favorite type combination is Fighting/Flying though. I like the athletic and aerodynamic look.

Absolutely love Fire types. My first Pokémon and starter is Chimchar and I cannot ever get enough of how hot and blazing they are, both in battle and out of it. We have tough but passionate ones like Infernape, Incineroar, or Blaziken, showing off how fiery they can get. However, fire can also be absolutely charming and elegant, such as Delphox's magic or Ninetales mystical demeanor. Fire can be cute too, like the mischievous Darumaka or playful Magby.

I really love Ghost types as well. Not only can they be mysterious and rather powerful, but I am in love with their in-depth origins. Some of them are:
  • Froslass being based off Japanese yōkai (supernatural being) called the Yuki-onna (lit. snow woman) that haunts icy mountains and lures travellers to their death. Snow woman? Froslass = frost lass? The wordplay is delightful.
  • Banette being based off an abandoned doll brings so much personality to it and I simply cannot help wanting to squeeze and hug it tightly. Its Mega form looks absolutely sinister and I love it.
  • Cursola shows us a darker side of the environment, but I think it was presented really well. I already love Corsola, but Cursola brings it to a next level! Did I tell you my favourite move is Perish Song (it's in my name lol). And did you check out Cursola's hidden ability? Perish Body is perfect for it!

Dark and Ghost I've very partial to; especially since a lot of my favorite Pokemon come from those two types (I also admittedly love the spooky lore behind the Pokemon in those types-though to be fair every type has their spooky or downright terrifying Pokemon in it, but I digress; I still love the Dark/Ghost type lore a little bit more than others.)

I also really adore Ice and Water. Ice, from what I remember from the games (haven't played Pokemon in so long lol), is one of the toughest types to work with because of how many types are effective against it, so I really adore the challenge of using Ice types. Also, I'm a lover of the cold, so that also factors into it. :D
Water is simply because I adore water in general and they're a fun type to use. :)

I gotta go with psychic, probably moreso because of how users of that type are presented than the pokemon themselves (although I do like a lot of psychic pokemon). Ghost is probably a close second for me.

Aesthetically, Ground, followed closely by Poison - both contain some of my absolute favourite designs.

However, Dark is probably the single type I'm best at using, having thrashed my then-local fellow players in several monotype events. Furthermore, my all-time favourite is a Bug-type - Pinsir. I actually find a lot of monotype teams to be quite visually boring, and I much prefer the range of colours and silhouettes you can cram into a balanced team.

I like Dark, Psychic, Ghost, Dragon, Fairy and Fire - I especially have a soft spot for fire canines (Growlithe/Arcanine, Vulpix/Ninetales, Houndour/Houndoom, Fenekkin/Delphox)

1.Ghost: This type has my favorite pokémon Gengar :bulbaLove:, and others I love like Drifblim, Froslass, Rotom, Dragapult, Banette, Lunala, Hoopa and many more.

2.Psychic: This type has my second favorite pokémon Gardevoir :love:, and others I love like Gothitelle, Delphox, Hatterene, Alakazam, Hoopa, Victini and many more.

3.Grass: I love the designs, especially the ones with flowers. Most of the starters I choose are Grass types :bulbaWave:.

4.Electric: One of my favorite types to use in battle, and has pokémon I love like Ampharos, Rotom, Magnezone, Arctozolt, Raichu, Electivire and many more.

5.Water: This type has my favorite starter Primarina :love:, and many other pokémon that I love as well.

Last edited:
Water is my top type, followed closely by Fairy, Psychic, Ice, Dark and Ghost.

Helps that I love a lot of Pokemon from those types, and Water is top for me because it's my mascot's type. I also love water as a whole, and how diverse the playstyle of the type can be in battle, with Water-type Pokemon ranging from fast sweepers to bulky tanks. Fairy was a type I was excited to use when I decided to use Sylveon in X, who carried my team really well.

Dragon, Dark and Ghost are my top 3. Dragon and Ghost have interesting premises behind it, being rooted in more magical/supernatural elements. Dark just lends itself to so many awesome pokemon.

poison, water, fire, fairy, psychic, fighting, electric... ALL OF THEM! (but the ones i listed are my favorites)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom