• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Pikamastr8

Reaction score
So sometimes you get a starter and it looks cool. Sometimes despite how they look they just suck. So what is your favorite one of all considering how they look and how good they are

Fave=Turtwig (Always comfortable in the sun with a portable tree)
Least Fave=Snivy (Banana snake FTL)

Favorite: Torchic by far. The original Fire/Fighting, with great designs throughout its whole line. It's always left a huge impact on me.
Least favorite: Totodile. It just bores me.

Favorite: Bulbasaur, but I couldn't tell you why if you asked. I don't know why it's my all time favorite Pokemon, it just is. It has a certain je ne sais quois that drew me in from the moment I first laid eyes on it.

Least favorite: This is where I'd love to say Charmander, because it sucks. Unfortunately, there is one starter I like less, the monkey. Why? Because I absolutely despise spotlight stealing characters (both in the games and the anime) and I especially hate it if they're monkeys. Cuz monkeys suck.

Favorite: Snivy. I really like Snivy, for some reason. It's cute and it's useful in battle.

Least Favorite: This was a bit of a hard choice, but Treecko. I really don't like Treecko for some reason. It's not cute, and it seems utterly useless in battle.

Envoy: It's called Chimchar.

ANYWAY. xP

Favorite: Chimchar! I think it's so cute and it evolves up to one of my favorite Pokemon: Infernape. I've never been a fan of monkeys, but somehow, I love the designs for the Chimchar line! And Infernape is just one super kickass Pokemon. I love how it looks like it's wearing armor, how it can do special martial arts (ninja fire monkey ftw!) with all four of its limbs, and it's awesome in Pokemon Battle Revolution (that sweet animation when it uses attacks up close...) and the anime (it's so strong, it tossed aside one of Team Rocket's big machines like it was nothing! And not even Paul's Electabuzz could do more than barely lift it! Not to mention it looks menacingly cool when its extra powerful Blaze kicks in) too. I also think Chimchar is especially cute in the anime as well. <3

Least Favorite: I'd love to say Torchic here because I hate Blaziken, but there's one starter I like less: Mudkip. I just find the little ugly thing annoying because of that "so I herd u leik mudkipz" meme. It's stupid and annoying. I also think it has the worst design of all starters and the ugliest evolutions. I didn't like seeing Brock, one of my favorite anime characters, with one, but I dealt with it.

Favorite: Totodile, because mine is shiny!

Least favorite: Through no fault of its own, Tepig. Three Fire/Fighting starters in a row was just too much for me. That evolutionary line is the only part of Gen V that I dislike.

Favourite: Torchic It's really good for competitive battling. Even without Speed Boost, it would still be my favourite despite being outclassed by Infernape. Chimchar and Piplup are worth mentioning for second place though.

Least favourite: Tepig - It's not that Tepig looks bad, it's just that it evolves into something that looks bad. I mean, look at Emboar, that thing is just...horrid. Charmander comes second, I don't really know why but I have a natural aversion for Charmander.

Favorite: Snivy (I can't get over that look he always has.)

Least: Bulbasaur (I don't really hate him, it's just that all the others are so awesome.)

Favorite: Chamander ties closely with Snivy and Cyndaquil... I can't decide on just one, ha ha! XD

Least favorite: I don't really *hate* any... but I don't really like Turtwig or Mudkip as much as the others. :/

Favorite: Snivy. I really like Snivy, for some reason. It's cute and it's useful in battle.

Least Favorite: This was a bit of a hard choice, but Treecko. I really don't like Treecko for some reason. It's not cute, and it seems utterly useless in battle.

What?! I don't know if you're talking about Treecko as a whole or after you're done training it and it becomes a Sceptile, because Sceptile has HUGE Special Attack and Speed and it's actually the best Grass-type starter stat-wise.

Mine:

Favorite: Totodile, because it was my very first Pokémon ever and because Water types >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Least favorite: Chikorita. Come on, it's literally USELESS. Meganium has got to be the worst evolved starter EVER.

Most Favoured : Since I first laid my eyes on Empoleon I fell in love with it. It's proud appearance and arguably the best dual type starter won me over in the end. I use a bulky offensive set for Empoleon on my White version team :D

Least Favoured : I would say that Infernape has got to be my least favoured one, as I don't like it's appearance (don't like Pokemon that look like monkeys, or apes basically) and it's predictable offensive role in battle.

I'm actually a Gen 1 Veteran, so it's quite odd actually that my most favoured and least favoured are both based in Gen 4 XD

Well I should mention mine so... Favorite: charmander because it becomes charizard least: snivy because it is awesome

Favorite: Bulbasaur. I can't pin down a reason. They're cute, have a great advantage against the first two gyms, and are a great teammate when in battle.
Least favorite: Treecko. Not because it's bad (its stats are awesome), but I don't like its design.

Favourite: Cyndaquil. Sure, it's not too great in the Metagame, but nothing with Eruption should be underestimated. Back in Gen II, a Fire-type with an Electric move was a big deal for me. My first G/S Pokemon also happened to be a rare female, which was a very cool surprise after assuming most of my Pokemon were male in Gen I.

Least Favourite: Mudkip. The bastard has caused me no end of grief, in and out of battle. Not too fond of the Kanto starters either, because, to me, they represent Gen I favoritism, but Mudkip has the edge.

I dunno what my fave is cause I like a lot of them equally, but my least fave is Squirtle/Totodile.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom