• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

Cyndaquil because it just ticks the boxes for Cute looks, power, speed and awesomeness.
For my least favorite hmmmmm.... probably tepig.

favorite:snivy. Snivy looks awesome and kicks ass

least favorite: chikorita. I don't know why, but I just can't stand chikorita. Maybe it is because ha sucks in battle, or maybe his name just takes so fuckin long to type

I don't have any favorite because I like a lot of them.

Snivy is pretty cool, but his final evolution... It's my least favorite.

Favorite: Snivy. I really like Snivy, for some reason. It's cute and it's useful in battle.

Least Favorite: This was a bit of a hard choice, but Treecko. I really don't like Treecko for some reason. It's not cute, and it seems utterly useless in battle.

What?! I don't know if you're talking about Treecko as a whole or after you're done training it and it becomes a Sceptile, because Sceptile has HUGE Special Attack and Speed and it's actually the best Grass-type starter stat-wise.

Mine:

Favorite: Totodile, because it was my very first Pokémon ever and because Water types >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Least favorite: Chikorita. Come on, it's literally USELESS. Meganium has got to be the worst evolved starter EVER.

I actually never took the time to evolve it, so maybe that's why I didn't like it. I probably should've given it more time.

Favorite: I like both Totodile and Torchic.... But I like Totodile a bit better.

Least Favorite: Mudkip. I just don't think it's very useful.

My favorite is Treecko because it looks cool in every evoluntionary stage (in my opinion, I know everyone doesn't agree), and I love grass types. Also, Sceptile is fast and has a high special attack which makes it pretty good in most respects. Mine beat my friends' Blaziken (I EV trained in speed and special defense), and it became one of my favorites after that.

My least favorite is Mudkip. I don't like the color scheme or basic design, and it has a double weakness against the grass starter and two types that are super effective against the fire? I guess that makes it more difficult to pick and play through with but to me it's just kind of annoying, and unbalanced.

My favorite is Charmander, easily. It was my very first pokemon both in the video games and the card game (when I actually used to collect them), and the fact that it evolves into my favorite pokemon, Charizard. I've almost always had a Charizard, on any given pokemon team I've raised, and I've always considered it to my lead pokemon.

My least favorite is Chimchar. I don't hate Chimchar, but it's line is the worst designed of all the starters, in my opinion.

Favourite: Piplup because it evolves in Empoleon which has a second type of Steel which is the most defensive type.

Least Favourite: Mudkip, apart from Tepig it is the only starter I haven't used yet and it's evolved form Swampert has a x4 weakness to Grass which if chosen in RSE is the rival's starter's type. I want to try to use Swampert if Ruby and Sapphire remakes are made.

Favorite: Squirtle. I just cannot resist it's evolutions, and I have about 20 of them anyway XD and it's also my favorite Pokemon

Hate it: Tepig. It's another Pokemon that's Fire/Fighting, and it's a dumbed-down version of Blaziken. And it can't even learn Fire Punch, which is beyond me.

Most favorite: Mudkip. Because Swampert became my very favorite starter, and my first lvl 100 ever. With just a single weakness, great tankable stats, and the Rindo Berry, he became very deadly in game for me.

Least favorite: Chikorita. I HATE walls and stallers (Umbreon can go to hell). The only useful version of this ridiculous Grass-type is a wall version, and of course it really can't help a fledgling Trainer very well, unless you have excellent support for it. Terrible starter all around, and for me personally.

My least favorite is definitely Chimchar. I mean, Tepig and Totodile are pretty bad, too, but Chimchar is just awful.

If you cant guess my favorite starter is Treecko. I just like its cool design and its pretty good stat wise
Least favorite: Hm probably Chimchar. I dont really like it's design or evolutions much.

Favourite: Charmander, I just love its amazingness. It learns some awesome moves as well. And it evolves into Charizard. I dont think anyone hates Charizard. Its just amazing

Least favourite: Well I suppose I hate a basic, stage 1 and stage 2. So here goes...

Piplup: He has absolutely terrible moves and stats. But evolves into empoleon, whos a beast.

Pignite: Slow as crap, fighting types should be quick! I also got bored of the fire fight combonation

Meganium: *sigh* Hes slow and learns no decent moves (except solar beam). The chikorita line is terrible and they topped it with this pile of crap.

Favourite: Charmander, I just love its amazingness. It learns some awesome moves as well. And it evolves into Charizard. I dont think anyone hates Charizard. Its just amazing

*raises hand* Ooh, me, pick me, pick me! I hate Charizard. With a passion. A deep, deep passion that burns with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns!!!!

Favorite: Sceptile, this is what you call a good grass type, Game Freak
Least Favorite: Cyndaquil, it's literally Charizard without the wings and a shallower movepool

*raises hand* Ooh, me, pick me, pick me! I hate Charizard. With a passion. A deep, deep passion that burns with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns!!!!

Same here. I also hate Charizard with a passion, though I hate Blaziken more.

I'm sad to see I'm the only person who likes Chimchar and its evolutions. ;_;

My favourite starter is Chimchar, because I always lean towards Fire-type starters (or water starters if the fire-type pokemon doesn't appeal to me), plus I liked having a starter that hit hard and fast.
My least favourite starter would be Tepig, because I expected something more unique coming from a fire pig rather than just another Fire/Fighting type

Favorite: Bulbasaur. It turns into Ivysaur, which is one of my favorites. Plus, it was my first starter.

Least Favorite: Chimchar. I've just never really liked it. I find all of it's designs kind of awkward-looking.

Favorite: Mudkip (Woah what a shocker you guys.) I've always just found it adorable and it's so useful. STAB Surf and Earthquake? Aw yeah.
Least: Turtwig. I just never initially liked it. It started to grow on me after I read the DP arc of Pokespe, but it's still my least favorite.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom