• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite Anime??

Bedemin

いいねぞく
Reaction score
This is just to talk about your favorite Anime. Mine is Demon slayer and Pokémon.

I have been watching the Pokemon anime for a couple of years now, but other favorites I have come across are Death Note, and Erased. I am also a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki and Makoto Shinkai films as well.

Yikes, I'm not even sure what I would consider my top ten anime let alone my absolute favourite.

If I had to narrow it down, my favourite movie would be "Giovanni's Island" while my favourite TV series would "Gungrave".

Two very radically different types of anime, I know. But I cried like a b**** during the ending of both so whatever.

Tough question cause I have a lot of favorites if you can't tell from my sig lol.

To name a few then:
Wolf's Rain
Loveless
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
(specifically the '88 OVA, but I do also love Die Neue These and the movies)
Vampire Knight
Bungou Stray Dogs
Prince of Tennis
Free!
Kuroko's Basketball
Berserk
('97 anime, the movies are alright too, though I have yet to watch the 2016 versions)
Ace of Diamond
Samurai Flamenco
Misfit of Demon King Academy
KonoSuba
Fairy Tail
Bleach
Devilman
('72 anime, Crybaby is great too though)
SAO
Monster
(well I've watched it halfway through when I was younger, gonna rewatch from the beginning again to really complete it, probably has one of the best villains in anime imo; currently also reading the manga)
Tiger & Bunny
Pandora Hearts
Yuri on Ice
Skate-Leading Stars
Wave!! -Let's go surfing!-
Tokyo Ghoul
Touken Ranbu series
(the game is fun too, definitely recommend)

And yeah there's more, but I think that's more than I intended to put.

My favorite anime as of posting this is K-On (both seasons and the movie). No other anime ever hit me quite the same way as K-On has. But some of my other favorites are Death Note, Neon Genesis Evangelion, One Punch Man, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Non Non Biyori, Violet Evergarden and March Comes in Like a Lion. And DBZ for childhood nostalgia.

In the movie department, it's mostly Ghibli. My two absolute favorites are Castle in the Sky and My Neighbor Totoro and these both hold a special place in my heart. An outside that, A Silent Voice.

My favorite anime is.
images (1).jpeg
/jk

My favorite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I also like Shingeki no kyojin, Jujutsu Kaisen, Death note, Demon slayer, Violet Evergarden, Kaguya-Sama, Boku no hero academia etc.

I like a lot but for the sake of narrowing it down I'll only list a few:

Fruits Basket (particularly the 2019 version, although the original still has a place in my heart)
Kuroko's Basketball
Spy x Family
Yuri on Ice
The Pokemon anime (particularly the original series and Sun and Moon)
Angel Beats
Soul Eater
Aggretsuko
Vampire Knight
Death Note
Azumanga Daioh
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
One Punch Man
Ouran High School Host Club

Last edited:
Overall, a thrilling series I binge watched and truly enjoyed was Death Note.

I enjoy all of Hayao Miyazaki films, as well as Makoto Shinkai and his stunning realistic work. I also found a small series on Netflix called Erased which was very pleasant as well.

A small list of my favorites I have seen over the years

Pokémon
Date A Live
Muromi-San
Tokyo Mew Mew
Rozen Maiden
Digimon
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Konosuba
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Toradora
Angel Beats
Re;Zero
The Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Land of the Lustrous

For a long while my favorite anime was, for a lack of a better term, an underground one call Nijuu Mensou no Musume or in English The Daughter of Twenty Faces, a what if of sorts with a mystery centering around Twenty Faces, basically the Japanese equivalent to Sherlock's Moriarty and his "daughter" (hence the what if). It's a Studio Bones anime that's never been licensed but can be found on Youtube with fan subs.

Nowadays I don't really have definite favorites per say since I usually associate my favorites by genre or type (movie or series), but I'll see what I can compile besides what's mention.

Violet Evergarden - One of my favorite works that KyoAni has ever create. As someone who's struggle with dealing with the weird way their emotions have developed in recent years, I can relate with the titular character who's gone through literal hell and back to point of knowing nothing about being a human. Even the stories the show tells in the background with Violet's are very relatable even if you never experienced something like it. You'll be crying or on the verge at least on two or three episodes.

SSSS.GRIDMAN -I'm a big tokusatsu geek (and my current avatar is from a tokusatsu show) and to see it finally veer into anime makes me real happy with the Gridman Universe anime (this and Dynazenon) really make me enjoy it more, especially when I fallen out favor with Ultraman in recent years due to constantly relying on their past works to make new shows (for the past six seasons, they've either used a Fusion gimmick combining past Ultramen or using the powers based on past Ultramen) while the Gridverse relies on old concepts, they're constantly reimagining or using them in very interesting ways. The success of this show makes me wonder if this is why we're getting a Kamen Rider anime (based on Kamen Rider W's sequel manga) next year finally after only various manga spinoffs and novels explaining lore in greater detail.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku - Possibly, the most retable romance anime ever for anime and video games nerds. It's also a refreshing treat to see adult romance in anime in the office space no less and to see how it affects stuff in the workplace among their group or around them. I really wish this show got a second season besides a few OVA's.

Flying Witch- One of my favorite slice of lifes, which (pun not intended) I just rewatch recently. While the magic of the witches seen are not spectacular, it fact it's probably one of the most realistic versions of magic of what we do see, it's just a nice calming series to sit down and calm down to while the world build around them. I still wish this could get a Season 2, though since this was about 2016 I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Inuyasha - An anime near and dear to my heart. This was one of the first real anime I've watch along with Ranma 1/2 excluding ones on TV like Pokémon, BeyBlade, Digimon and anything else TV might have. This was my childhood and then when I finally watched it full when I was freshmen in high school I fell in love with again. I even enjoyed its sequel Yashahime, despite the up and downs of the show as well as the controversies surrounding it (Moroha is just great okay). I don't know I could watch it full again, but I if I would I will. Also, obligatory I WANT TO CHAAAAANGE THE WORLD!!

Other anime I consider some of my favorites I just don't have a lot to say about them or I can't think about anything else to say for them. Movies included and no particular order

When Marnie was There -I've said what I've I like about in the Ghibli thread. I relate a lot to it.
Princess Mononoke
Fire Force
Carole & Tuesday
- I like this better than Cowboy Bebop and Watanabe's other famous work sue me and I'll see you rioting at my profile tomorrow.
Garden of Words
ShiroBako
Sakura Quest
Gosick
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - YES YES YES YES YES!
Despite quoting Part 3, Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable is currently my favorite Part.
Sangastu no Lion (March Comes in like a Lion)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Last edited:
Was going through my BD collection and stumbled across "Anthem of the Heart" sitting forgotten at the back and I remembered how amazing it was and how it's definitely one of my all time favourite anime films. (From the same staff who made Anohana btw)

I remember when it first came out it kept getting compared to "A Silent Voice" and while there are superficial similarities, that being a depressed high school boy ends up befriending a girl with disability, ultimately I much preferred Anthem overall.

It's a wonderful film and certainly one of Mari Okada's best screenplays, definitely a recommend from me. Just a shame it never got dubbed but that is the curse of any modern anime that has characters singing prominently in scenes.

Inuyasha and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood are up and away my overall favorites, though A-Channel, Infinite Stratos, One Punch Man, Fullmetal Alchemist (2003), Lucky Star, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, and Gun X Sword round out the top ten.

Dragon Ball Z
Cowboy Bebop
Monster
Yu Yu Hakusho
One Punch Man
Samurai Champloo
Naruto
Dragon Ball
Naruto Shippuden
Black Lagoon
Rurouni Kenshin

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Hunter x Hunter (2011) are absolute masterpieces. I don't think anything can top them for me. <3

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom