• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

What Is Your Favorite Common Pokemon?

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Sentret, Taillow, Magikarp, Starly, Buizel and Fletchling, because I love their evolved forms.

Hojewmire

Reaction score
Pidgey is an obvious one for me, since I adore the feathers characterizing its evolved forms and Mega Pidgeot just looks downright wonderful.
Machop is another one because its evolutionary line is easily one of my favourites among the Fighting type.
At last, Tentacool and Frillish because I like their type combo and remarkable resistance.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Pelipper has a very cool design, but seeing him everywhere in Alola almost made me hate him.
Sentret, Zigzagoon and Hoothoot are very cute and sadly not seen much nowadays.

Everything else (rodents, birds, cave-dwellers and water-dwellers) ranges from terrible to meh to me.

ZDaemon09

Reaction score
Bibarel!
The best HM slave in the series and as of Gen 7 can get crazy strong with a simple swords dance and aqua jet!

Stratelier

Reaction score
Barring any specific definition of "common", some of my picks across the generations:
- Hoothoot and Noctowl
- The entire Shinx family

GhostLucario

Ghost maniac
Reaction score
Starly. I just love it. I also like Bunnelby. Surprised to see so many people loving Zigzagoon. It makes me happy since it's so cute.

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

Observer of Ephemeral Diversions
Reaction score
Probably Zigzagoon and Linoone. I just have this huge affinity to Linoone in particular. And its Pick Up ability is amazing.

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
*holds up a Bidoof* AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also Zigzagoon because Yas Pickup my small raccoon child. And the birds because tiny birds are so dang cute. So. Dang. Cute.

Patrick Haines

Lone Scribe for the Lord of Time
Reaction score
Do Pidgeotto and Butterfree count? They aren't "common" but they are super easy to get. I have made some people mad online battling with Butterfree Compound Eyes+Sleep Powder, then Quiver Dance and either Bug Buzz or Dream Eater. It isn't always effective, but no one likes to lose to a butterfly.

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
Do Pidgeotto and Butterfree count? They aren't "common" but they are super easy to get. I have made some people mad online battling with Butterfree Compound Eyes+Sleep Powder, then Quiver Dance and either Bug Buzz or Dream Eater. It isn't always effective, but no one likes to lose to a butterfly.
I used to do the same thing, but I ran it in doubles next to a follow me clefable, so it was basically guaranteed to set up and own at least a couple things.

Patrick Haines

Lone Scribe for the Lord of Time
Reaction score
I used Focus Sash to guarantee set-up and Dream Eater to get my Sash back.

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
Reaction score
I know it's version-exclusive in the Kanto games, but considering how common it is in Kanto as well as Hoenn, I'm gonna go ahead and count Oddish as a "common Pokémon". On top of enjoying its Sunny Day shenanigans in several playthroughs of the games, I just find Oddish to be irresistably cute. I think I really started to appreciate it after seeing this TCG artwork as someone's avatar on these forums a few years ago:

Also, look at its Crystal and Gen 5 sprites and tell me those aren't friggin' adorable. :3

colours

etch dreams into life
Reaction score
I feel like I'm one of the few that genuinely don't mind Zigzagoon/Linoone. Sure, they popped up mostly everywhere in third gen, but honestly they're cute and Linoone is useful as an HM Slave (and decent outside of that, at least in-game), so it even has its uses.

Shrapnel Stars

Planetary, Intergalactic
Reaction score
Sentret/Furret is my favorite. I love the stripes and the cute, vacant face. I also love every first route baby bird. I always have a soft spot for them, with Pidove and Starly being my absolute favorites out of all of them.